PDA

View Full Version : Dress code for California Grill

BlueDorrie
05-29-2008, 03:13 PM
I have a quick question about the dress code for this restaurant. I remember reading on Intercot a while ago that they were switching to business casual. When I was on disneyworld.com today it said jeans were okay and also another board I was on said they saw families dressed casually, i.e. jeans.

Should I stick with the business casual to be on the safe side?

SBETigg
05-29-2008, 03:17 PM
They have relaxed the dress code from the former business casual. No tank tops, flip flops, or torn clothing, but denim, shorts, t-shirts are all acceptable. I still prefer to dress up a little, but go with what makes you comfortable.

BlueDorrie
05-29-2008, 03:24 PM
Thanks for the quick reply.

Tygger7
05-29-2008, 03:28 PM
I was really concerned about the dress code when we went to California Grill a couple of weeks ago, but all my worry was for nothing.

My DD & her friend were stressed because I told them they couldn't wear flip flops, and I was about to have a nervous breakdown because my white capris got stained, and I didn't realize it until almost time for our reservation. My only choice was to wear denim shorts, and I thought for sure they'd say something.

However, when we got there I saw everything from guys in suits & ties, to a guy wearing levis, a plain white t-shirt, a ball cap, and ...wait for it.....suspenders that looked like measuring tapes. Women had anything from nice dresses & pants suits, to shorts, denim skirts, and yes, flip flops. In fact, I'd say I saw more women wearing flip flops than not wearing flip flops.

All that being said, if you wear dressy shorts and a nice, clean shirt, you'll be fine. None of the hostesses or servers seemed to pay any attention to what people were wearing.

Oh, and the food was wonderful...but more on that in my trip report when I finally get time to write it. :mickey:

Figment!
05-29-2008, 03:58 PM
The dress code is still business casual, although Disney's definition may be a little more lax than some Guest's.

Nice jeans have always been acceptable under the Signature Restaurant's Business Casual dress code.

Recently, the code was modified to include nice T-shirts, but this has been the only change.

The list of acceptable and unacceptable items per Disney Restaurant dress codes can be found in the Disney Restaurant Dress Codes (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/dining/dresscodes/default.asp).

Natazu
05-29-2008, 09:07 PM
I used to be kind of a dress code snob. As time has gone by, I've adopted a "dress how you're comfortable" attitude. At CG, it's usually within the dress code, slacks, polo, etc. Truth is, Disney dining area managers are told not to turn anyone away for dress provided they aren't lewd. The only exception is V&A, their dress code is firm.