PDA

View Full Version : How long is MK Dreams Parade / Will I make my ADR?

tss22
05-29-2008, 02:24 PM
In September, Dreams Parade in MK is at 3:00 p.m. I have an ADR for Coral Reef in Epcot at 4:50 p.m. With 2 strollers in tow, do we have time to see the parade, then hop the monorail to Epcot and be in time for our dinner reservation without killing ourselves?

thanks!

t

SpaceMtn101
05-29-2008, 03:27 PM
it will be close ....
dont forget the parade of dreams starts in frontier land. It depends where on the route you want to see it. The best place to see would be main strret so u can get out of the park but you have to start lining up at least 30 min before because ppl coming into the parade. The parade is about 15 min but main street will be packed and be patient trying to get out. Hopefully the parade should be coming down main street about 3:20 to 3:25 and should be over about 3:35 to 3:40 depending where on main street you are. You should be out of the park by 4 and that gives u bout an hour to take either the boat or monorail to tta and then to epcot. the monorail from tta to epcot is at least 15 min. You still have to get into the park and walk all the way and have two strollers to either get from renting or that you brought on your own. Honestly its going to be really rough to get there without rushing around.

jonahbear2006
05-29-2008, 03:37 PM
I would sit at the very front of the parade in frontierland, at the edge, get there early so that you can be in the front row and not amongst the crowd. Then when the parade is ALMOST over, ditch the last few floats so that you can avoid the heavy crowd, and you should be able to make it but remember you still have to walk back to coral reef restaurant and that is quite a walk from the front gate; further than it looks.

tss22
05-29-2008, 04:30 PM
Alright - so the fact that my ADR is actually at 4:30 means I'm not looking so good (and that I'm blind and can't read when my ADRs really are)? Sorry about the goof(y)

t

KylesMom
05-29-2008, 04:43 PM
If your ADRs are at 4:30, I wouldn't attempt to see the parade first. You'd need to make it out of the park after the parade concludes (when many other folks have the same idea), wait for a monorail to the TTC, disembark one monorail & hop on another, then get to Epcot, get through the front gates & hoof it to Coral Reef. I'm afraid you'd be so frazzled you may not enjoy your dinner. I'm sure it could be done, but you'd have to be driving those strollers at peak speed!

joanna71985
05-29-2008, 06:21 PM
I wouldn't. I don't think there would be enough time.

Young@Heart
05-30-2008, 11:31 PM
I would sit at the very front of the parade in frontierland, at the edge, get there early so that you can be in the front row and not amongst the crowd. Then when the parade is ALMOST over, ditch the last few floats so that you can avoid the heavy crowd, and you should be able to make it but remember you still have to walk back to coral reef restaurant and that is quite a walk from the front gate; further than it looks.

I would do this, too. You can still see the parade, and "beat it" back to the main gate if you go around the back side of the park-or maybe take the train back to the gate. I think you'll be okay, as long as you leave as soon as the last float goes by! ;)

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-31-2008, 12:50 PM
I think you could make it if everything went perfectly. Given crowd levels and unpredictable Disney transportation I would have to say perfect is unlikely. I would be amazed if you made it especially with strollers ans children. If your ADR's are important to you (they would be to me) I would have to say skip the parade and go to Epcot without rushing so much.

Main Street Jim
05-31-2008, 05:58 PM
You can still see the parade, and "beat it" back to the main gate if you go around the back side of the park-or maybe take the train back to the gate.The trains sit during the parade: one at Main Street station and one at TTF, and don't start running again until about 3:15 (after the last float crosses the tracks).

My suggestion:

See the parade on Main Street, and grab a spot near the City Hall side of the tunnel under the train station. When that last float passes by, head out to the monorail (grab the resort side), and get off at the second stop. Then transfer to the Epcot monorail, and get over to that park. If you *must* take the Express monorail, keep in mind that just about every other person trying to leave will have the same idea (taking the express side).

I usually recommend an hour's travel time between parks, and that's just about what you'll have. I don't know what the park hours are at MK that day, so can't comment on what the crowd levels will be.

TheRustyScupper
06-01-2008, 12:34 AM
1) I don't think you will make it.
2) The parade will end about 3:30, or so.
3) Then you have to fight the crowds.

CaptSmee
06-01-2008, 01:55 AM
go for it. I have shown up at the most an hour late for an ADR and they still seated me in a timely manner. I would get there as quick as you can, but even if you are late it shouldn't be a problem.

TheRustyScupper
06-01-2008, 10:59 AM
go for it. I have shown up at the most an hour late for an ADR and they still seated me in a timely manner.

1) WDW eateries try to hold ADR's for fifteen minutes.
2) You might get in later IF THERE ARE SEATS AVAILABLE.
3) In busy times, you forfeit the ADR.

tss22
06-02-2008, 03:13 PM
Thanks everyone for the feedback...

I've decided to scrap that plan and totally rework my entire trip schedule (which will never work anyway once the 18 month old and 3 year old decide to do something different, but hey - a dad can dream). So now I'm looking at plan B for that day, which would be Epcot during the day, dinner at 4:30 Coral Reef ADR, then to MK for the spectro magic parade at 8:30 (or back to the room for the kids to sleep :(). I hope that works out... Thanks for the info!

alilprincessmom99
06-02-2008, 03:28 PM
I think your new plan will work out much better! I would hate to see you miss your ADR after rushing around to try and get there.