PDA

View Full Version : Top 10 Things Overheard in the parks.

GoBlueLacheta
05-28-2008, 10:23 PM
Heres a compiling of all the wonderful things we overheard on our trip last week in the World. Most of which are down right funny even if you weren't there. We wrote down everything from each day that was worthwhile and came up with this list :mickey: and decided to share. These are in no particular order.

10. " Mommy I want to go fast" ~ Child walking in fantasyland.

9. " Stop that or when we get home I'm going to sell all your toys" ~ Father at son who was swinging on the ropes at the boat dock at Wilderness Lodge

8 " Okay guys who wants to go Pooh ? " ~ Mom asking her family walking in front of the Many Adventures of WtP

7. " Why do they even show the movie ? No one is staying" ~ Child walking through theater after Malestrom.

6 "Can Tinkerbell fly without being attached to that wire ?" ~ Child asking mother after wishes

5 " That really IS the wildest ride in the wilderness" Child after BTMR

4. " Daddy why is Jungle Cruise closed? Because you weren't good in the car. ~ Dad at daughter in Adventureland.

3. " SLOW DOWN GRANDMA " ~ Child at grandma who was speeding away on her electric wheel chair.

2. " Behave or I will tell Mickey that your friends with Jafar" Dad at younger son.

1. " Daddy they're sure are alot of fat people at Disney" ~ Son to dad while walking around tomorrowland.

Dakota Rose
05-28-2008, 11:17 PM
9. " Stop that or when we get home I'm going to sell all your toys" ~ Father at son who was swinging on the ropes at the boat dock at Wilderness Lodge

I didn't know my DH and DS were at the World last week!! :)

Young@Heart
05-29-2008, 12:27 AM
" Daddy why is Jungle Cruise closed? Because you weren't good in the car. ~ Dad at daughter in Adventureland.

This sounds like us tonight! :funny:
We told DD the alarm was going off in Target b/c it detected her being bratty. :blush:

ibrowse17
05-29-2008, 11:13 AM
This is classic, thanks:thumbsup:

avantgardeinker
05-29-2008, 01:10 PM
On one trip we actually heard a lady saying to her screaming child..."I paid a lot of money for this trip and you're going to have fun whether you like it or not." I've heard it hypothetically for the longest time. I never really thought anyone would actually use that!!

:mickey:

Momof2boys
05-29-2008, 01:17 PM
Thanks for sharing ! Loved the one about Jungle Cruise :funny:

bruin1344
05-29-2008, 01:18 PM
"When will body wars open again?"
"When are they going to replace Honey I Shrunk Audience?"
"How wet do you get on Splash Mountain?"
"When are they going to update the Great Movie Ride"
"How are the drops on Tower of Terror"
"Is (RnR, SPace Mountain, Thunder Mountain) fast?"
"Its hot out"
"Soarin is too long of a wait"

NY GOOFY
05-29-2008, 01:46 PM
We once told our kids at Chef Mickeys that Mickey will not come to our table unless you eat your dinner.

KylesMom
05-29-2008, 04:57 PM
This is a great post. Welcome to Intercot! :mickey:

CaptSmee
05-29-2008, 07:25 PM
"What time is the three o'clock parade?" is one of my all time favorites
:D

Marilyn Michetti
05-29-2008, 07:33 PM
Where is Shamu?:dolphin:

Jasminegirlsmom
05-29-2008, 07:41 PM
Why do they show that movie at Malestrom???? ;)

pink
05-29-2008, 08:13 PM
I don't remember anything in particular but I loved the ones you shared- thanks! :mickey:

Ladyvader
05-29-2008, 08:33 PM
When I was on the Dream Squad I spent countless hours walking through the park. One of my favorite stories was when a man asked me where the Big Ball thing was. Considering we were standing in Disney's Hollywood Studios this was a fun question. Its over at Epcot I replied, he told me no, no he remembers it being here. LOL.

irish1967
05-29-2008, 09:11 PM
"I paid too much money to put up with this (insert bad compound word here)"

Man to EPCOT security keeping guests out of World Showcase as the marathoners went around the lake (the END of the marathon, I might add!)

The ironic part of it was that it was around 9:30 in the morning - World Showcase didn't even open for an hour and a half.

princessimagineer
05-29-2008, 09:30 PM
4. " Daddy why is Jungle Cruise closed? Because you weren't good in the car. ~ Dad at daughter in Adventureland.

2. " Behave or I will tell Mickey that your friends with Jafar" Dad at younger son.

1. " Daddy they're sure are alot of fat people at Disney" ~ Son to dad while walking around tomorrowland.

lmao those are my three favorites. the first 2 because i probably was told those 2 myself, and the last one i just pictured a realy innocent little boy with like a Cars t-shirt on holding his parents hand just asking that so innocently. thanks for sharing :mickey:

azdisneymom
05-29-2008, 10:02 PM
Heard this just as we exited Soarin. It was a very exited little boy saying, 'wanna go again, wanna go again, wanna go again.' I guess you had to be there.

2Epcot
05-29-2008, 10:02 PM
Great list ... reminds me of my recent trip to Disney's California Advenuture and I heard a dad saying to his son: "I like the California Advenuture ride" .... Isn't that all of them? I think he meant Soarin'.

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-29-2008, 10:05 PM
Welcome to Intercot!:welcome:

Thanks for the laugh!:)

BronxTigger
05-29-2008, 10:10 PM
At bag check at Disneyland, the CM said to the guest in front of me, "When you get a chance, can you open your bag for me?"

When my mom and I were out of earshot, my mom says to me "When he gets the chance? Like later today? As in, tomorrow at 5:00 I can squeeze you in to my schedule?"

tinksmom02
05-29-2008, 10:23 PM
This sounds like us tonight! :funny:
We told DD the alarm was going off in Target b/c it detected her being bratty. :blush:

I might use this one sometime ;)

GoBlueLacheta
05-29-2008, 11:03 PM
Thanks for the welcome but yes the funniest to me was the Slow Down Grandma but I guess you had to be there.

Something about a 6 year old chasing his grandma down screaming for her to slow down while in Epcot just was hilarious.

BAMABOY
05-30-2008, 02:11 PM
While standing on Main Street waiting for Wishes I kept hearing a man say, "Look!! :number1:now it's blue, now green, now red!! How in the world are they making that castle change colors like that?????" :cool::thumbsup::waycool:

snerd475
05-30-2008, 09:09 PM
[QUOTE=GoBlueLacheta;1642845]
5 " That really IS the wildest ride in the wilderness" Child after BTMR

You must have been there when we were! My dd says that every time, I think.

Bringonthemouse!
05-30-2008, 09:18 PM
From a mother in EPCOT to her family:
"Where do you want to go next? How about we go back to the Disney Park?" I love it when people refer to MK as Disney.;)

mouselover93
05-30-2008, 10:04 PM
after universe of energy a lady was walking and some old guy in an electric wheel chair cut her off and she yells " STUPID JUDY " aand he looks back and grins as in like ok but my names so on and so forth and i start bursting out in laughter and then she looks at me and i thnik in her head she was like " security, we have an escaped mental patient over here ":funny::haha: ( welcome to intercot :party::party2::pixie::welcome: )

CaptainJessicaSparrow
05-31-2008, 12:02 AM
Standing on MS, looking waving as people ENTER the park.

"Excuse me, where is the castle?" with a dead serious face, holding a map.

johnO
05-31-2008, 10:08 AM
;)

GoBlueLacheta
05-31-2008, 08:28 PM
:mickey: I saw Ms. Jessica Sparrow while we were there walking down Main Street but didn't ask where the castle was.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
05-31-2008, 09:16 PM
What?!

You should have come over and asked that and then said something about Intercot! How am I to find all my Intercot family if no one says hi to me!

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-01-2008, 10:07 PM
We were in the barber shop last year and there was a new CM waiting to get his hair cut. He was telling the other people in the line all about the new cruise ships and how people are raving about them and how much bigger they are than the old ones and how they love sailing on them. I politely waited until he left and then explained to those guests that the cruise ships were just announced and that they hadn't even started building them yet!

mickey&missy
06-02-2008, 05:20 PM
LOL! Great thread!

When we got onto the Monorail at MK last trip headed back to GF I sat next to a women and her son. We were seated facing going forward. She pointed to space mountain and told her son "Look! The castle!" :jaw: There was no way she could have seen the castle from where we were sitting at that point in the ride!

After the fireworks ended at P&P my DD said "Cinderella is sure going to be mad that they shot fireworks off of her castle!"

Lastly, my favorite parent. I heard a Dad says to his daughter in mk by IASW stroller parking "If you don't stop Mommy's going to murder you." :jaw: :jaw:

tinkerbell04
06-02-2008, 07:48 PM
Thanks for the smiles!

thejens
06-02-2008, 09:35 PM
Um, that was my mother you saw speeding through the park. She was trying to escape the cast member chasing her after the earlier pedestrian incident.

Boojum
06-02-2008, 09:48 PM
Let's see....

"Mom, I LOVE the magic potties they have in all the bathrooms!" (My daughter at about age 5)

And my favorite is another of those "ya had to be there" moments--we were waiting in line for the ToT, and it was almost our turn. There was a little girl in line behind us who wasn't at ALL sure she wanted to ride. She wasn't having a hissy fit, but just kept repeating "Daddy.....Daddy.....Daddy!" in this very thick, plummy British accent. I love listening for different accents in the parks, and hers was cracking me up!

Kairi_7378
06-02-2008, 10:54 PM
I have over heard some very... geographically challenged guests at WDW. On Soarin', a woman was yelling at her kid that we were flying through New York City. (I didn't have the heart to tell her that the ride is called Soarin' Over California" in DL.) DH and I like to play "Name the Country" on Small World and we've heard some really odd comments in there. "Look Sweetie, we're in Egypt (in the Japan section!) or "Look at those French hula dancers." Yikes!

makin_memories
06-03-2008, 08:19 AM
"This line is going way to slow"
-Woman to cast member in the 90 minute line for Toy Story Mania
Cast member replies "no, we're actually moving at the correct speed, we just have alot of people visiting today."
uh, did you happen to notice the sign outside the ride that says "STAND BY: 90 MINUTES"

"Does this ride have an age limit?!"
-woman yelling to cast member from outside Dinosaur

"Oh my god there are millions of people here. Is everyone in DIsney World is going to this show?"
-Man walking into Fantasmic!

"We can ride Space Mountain and Rockin Rollercoaster tomorrow at that Magic Kingdom."
-Family planning their day in Olivia's

grrrrrrrr:mad:

indytraveler
06-03-2008, 10:30 AM
great thread...

getting off Test Track at 9:10am Dad "which ride next?" kids "Dumbo!"

I do have to say the 2 boys were around 5-9 yrs. old. This wasn't an EMH day at Epcot either.

alilprincessmom99
06-03-2008, 10:58 AM
I just posted this story on another thread, but it fits here too, so here it is. We were on the bus on the way back to POP. It was just us and maybe 10 other people. I overheard a woman telling a male in her group about "underground" Disney. It was hilarious because she was saying that is where the cast members lived, and they had a hospital and a police department and everything a small city has. I had to hold my breath to keep from laughing out loud!

tinkerbellybutton
06-03-2008, 01:07 PM
Very cute thread, thanks for the smile and :welcome: to INTERCOT!

Bringonthemouse!
06-03-2008, 01:16 PM
I overheard a woman telling a male in her group about "underground" Disney. It was hilarious because she was saying that is where the cast members lived, and they had a hospital and a police department and everything a small city has. I had to hold my breath to keep from laughing out loud!
:rotfl:
That is icredibly funny!!

TIGGER17179
06-03-2008, 01:37 PM

Can't tell you how many times I've heard this one.

** How long is the wait? -- This one cracks me up-- as they are standing under the sign that says 20 minutes wait...

Stu29573
06-03-2008, 04:07 PM
A few years ago while on the Liberty Belle first thing in the morning, I overheard a woman ask her husband in awe "Is that REAL?" as she watched a gator swim alongside. Her husband said "Of course not, this is Disney!" The funny thing was that it WAS real. We told the guy at the dock when the ride was over and he said he would notify animal control. :gator:

Arnold Simba
06-03-2008, 08:24 PM
I have one sad anecdote and one funny one. Sad: Once heard a father say to his son (who was perhaps 5 years old) at the doombuggy loading section in the Haunted Mansion, , "If you're not MAN enough to go on this ride, then you're not man enough to play beginning soccer in the fall!" Funny: There was a young child being cantankerous in front of me in the boat on "Pirates Of The Caribbean." His nasty behavior was starting to get out of hand as we approached the scene where the mayor is being dunked in the well. The father turned to the boy and said, "If you don't straighten up right this minute, I'm going to let the Pirates dunk you in the well!" And the funny thing was the kid shut right up!

Laughin' place
06-23-2008, 01:37 PM
Many years ago, my parents and sister and I were in line for Peter Pan. There was an elderly couple ahead of us, and a young couple with two small children, just ahead of the elderly couple. The baby in front was fussing, and the 3 year old-ish boy was loudly getting overheated and impatient. The old man in front of me turned to his wife and whispered "Imagine, bringing kids to a place like this..." :D

WriteDisney
06-23-2008, 02:16 PM
Ahh.. so many good ones so far!

My contribution:

We were in disney last New Years Eve (2006-2007).. As you might imagine.. ridiculously crowded.. rides shutting down left and right.. everyone had hats and kazoo's (that you heard everywhere...) .. complete pandamonium... we kept getting in line for rides and having them shut down

we were waiting on space mountain for awhile.. this was around 7 at night.. everyone was tired... we had been up since 5 am.. everyone around us in line looked tired....

this one family was in line in front of us.. two little kids bouncing around.. looked like they still had a fair amount of energy.. they were like.. "mom, mom, what ride are we doing next?"... and the mom said "were just going to sit down on main street and wait for the parade.. cause your mom is tired"

At that moment.. thats exactly how we felt too..

mom2morgan
06-23-2008, 03:21 PM
Oh, I heard one that made me LOL! (weary mother in a long line for Splash Mountain, speaking to an incessentatly chattering little girl) "Honey, could you please stop talking for a bit? Momma's head is full of words, and I need to let some of them drain away..."

princessjojo
06-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Just last week, we were on the bus going who knows where, and I struck up a conversation with a woman from GA. talking about their son's first visit. Then somehow or another the fact that we were DVC members came up. She proceeded to tell me about the "permanent residence condos" they were building and now selling at CR and how she was thinking of moving there, but all of her friends would want to come and bring their children to visit. I just replied with "really, I didn't know that. That's interesting to hear." She was so assured and full of information that to correct her at that time would have taken more time that our bus ride would have aloted.

mom2morgan
06-23-2008, 04:33 PM
Ah, but wouldn't that be nice? ;-) A friend of my little daughter's once told her that she was moving to Disney World. To live. Forever. Really. ;-)

Just last week, we were on the bus going who knows where, and I struck up a conversation with a woman from GA. talking about their son's first visit. Then somehow or another the fact that we were DVC members came up. She proceeded to tell me about the "permanent residence condos" they were building and now selling at CR and how she was thinking of moving there, but all of her friends would want to come and bring their children to visit. I just replied with "really, I didn't know that. That's interesting to hear." She was so assured and full of information that to correct her at that time would have taken more time that our bus ride would have aloted.

Aggie97
06-23-2008, 04:37 PM
At the MK two weeks ago, after leaving the HM stretch room, a teenaged son asked his mother whether the walls had stretched or the room was an elevator. Mother said, "Neither. Nothing in the room moves. It's all just an optical illusion."

Also two weeks ago, while we were relaxing on a bench at Epcot's WS, a little brown pod from the tree above us fell onto the sidewalk several feet front of us. The shape, size and color of the pod made it look very much like a "dropping" from a small dog. For 15 minutes, we watched people walking by stare at the pod, avoid it, swerve strollers and wheelchairs around it, jump over it, stop and bend over to examine it with disgusted looks, etc. One woman asked her husband, "I wonder what that is?" He stated very matter-of-factly, "It looks like a poop." Finally a 12-13-year-old boy picked it up, smelled it, and then, looking disappointed that it wasn't anything disgusting, threw it on the grass. I was crying from laughing so hard. :mickey:

pink
06-23-2008, 04:49 PM
"Be happy, we are in Disneyland."

I hear this one way to often. :shake:

MissMaryPoppins
06-23-2008, 04:58 PM
My mom and I were in the bakery in France and there was a family in front of us. The father was being silly and embarssing his kids. He was reading off the names of the pastries in a french accent and he said "Hey look! Pain au chocolate! You kids want some chocolate pain?" He was cracking himself up and that was making it even funnier.

Another time my parents, my brother, and I were waiting on line for a water slide in Typhoon Lagoon. The line was pretty long and there was a woman behind us with her son who she was trying to talk into skipping the slide. She kept saying "Are you sure Tommy?" "The line is really long Tommy." "Are you sure you want to ride this Tommy?" So my dad goes "Well, Tommy's mom talked me out of this one" and we got off the line with Tommy and his mom in front of us and a couple families laughing at my dad. I was mortified!

Joy

Texas Tinkerbell Too
06-23-2008, 05:23 PM
We got a good laugh during our plane trip home from WDW one year. The plane was extremely quiet. (Everyone was worn out from their Disney vacation.) When all of a sudden a little boy jumps up from his seat holding himself, and screams at the top of his lungs "I have to P-I-E, pee!"

Even to this day, if we notice someone heading for the restroom, we say..."Do you need to go P-I-E?" :blush:

andreallybadeggs
06-23-2008, 06:37 PM
1) Guy on monorail explaining to his pals that he's pretty sure there is a pub in that building--Space Mountain:confused:
2) Cute little British boy standing as tall as possible while they measure him for Thunder Mtn. As the CM gives him a big thumbs up he turns and asks his "Mum" very quietly "Am I too big?"
3) But sometimes it's just the bottom line ones that make me laugh the most. Another little guy, looked to be about 3 yrs old, bouncing around in his stroller excited about who-knows-what and saying "Mommy Look, Mommy Look, Mommy Look" Mommy finally turns to him and says "That's nice Eric, now SHUT UP!" Ah yes-- the happiest place on earth.:D

Rhetoric2000
06-24-2008, 07:13 AM
I think over the years I've overheard the most amusing comments in WS with people making completely inadvertantly offensive comments:

"Why are there two Chinas?"
"Mummy, does everyone in Mexico live in a pyramid?"

Although I must confess to a little of this myself last trip when I spent what seemed like an eternity trying to explain to my then-GF why there was a Christmas shop in Germany "When it's not Christmas".

I've also seen a (British obviously) kid claim that "That Winnie the Pooh can't be real because Winnie the Pooh lives in England". I wasn't sure whether to dismiss this as precocious or praise it as traditionalist. Fortunately his quick-minded parent was savvy enough to briskly reply "He's on holiday too, love."

mom2morgan
06-24-2008, 10:11 AM
Um, that was my mother you saw speeding through the park. She was trying to escape the cast member chasing her after the earlier pedestrian incident.

ROTFL!! I can picture that happening, though...some of those crazy seniors on wheels....;-)

laward32
06-25-2008, 05:23 PM
Oh, I heard one that made me LOL! (weary mother in a long line for Splash Mountain, speaking to an incessentatly chattering little girl) "Honey, could you please stop talking for a bit? Momma's head is full of words, and I need to let some of them drain away..."
That is too funny. That would be me with my youngest DD6. I don't think that child ever hushes.:secret:

Harley-Davidson_Guy
06-26-2008, 10:00 AM
Just last night I was talking to a guest about Tinkerbell flying during the fireworks and the little girl (about 5yrs old) tells me that she was really surprised at how big Tinkerbell was. She held up her fingers and said "I thought she was this big but (holding up her arms taller than herself) she's really this big. Cute:tink:

WedWay Peoplemover
06-26-2008, 10:19 AM
This is the greatest quote ever...

HA HA HA HA HA :thumbsup:

Hair_Razor
06-26-2008, 10:59 AM
I love this post how fun!! However I have to say you might have run into me saying something close to, "No whining, no frowning, we're in Disney the happiest freakin place on earth". I'm just glad to know I'm not the only one who has felt that before.:D

Minniefan68
06-26-2008, 11:09 AM
Last year my 6 1/2 year old son was too scared to go on Haunted Mansion, however, his fearless little 3 year old sister went with me. When we got off the ride, she said "That was fun, let's do it again"

Go figure.

WDWRox
06-26-2008, 02:11 PM
Overheard while sitting in front of two men on the ferry from Wilderness Lodge to Magic Kingdom, one said to the other "Now you realize there are tracks on the bottom of the lagoon that these boats ride around on." And then a few minutes later he said he wanted to first head over to "Tomorrow World".

gwfx1031
06-26-2008, 03:23 PM
I worked at the Seas on the college program in 89. I was the greeter outside the attraction at night and there was heat lightning off in he distance and a guest approached me and asked if the lightning was "real." I told her it was the same stuff she had at home.

TinksPixieDust
06-26-2008, 03:46 PM
One time my family and I were headed over to Animal Kingdom on the bus. There was another family with 2 small children on the bus as well. The whole way over they were talking about all the rides they were going to do... but they kept talking about Magic Kingdom attractions so we thought well maybe they are planning tomorrow.... the parents kept saying look for the castle look for the castle..
we pull into Animal Kingdom parking lot and the dad goes... "wow this must be the back entrance" they were all excited! they thought they were being treated to something no one else got to experience.

to make matter worse for them.. they were so excited they jumped off the bus it took them a few minutes to get the stroller undone so we were a couple steps ahead of them... but then they started running because they were so excited and the father ended up flipping the carriage and the poor boy did a face plant on the cement. Not really funny... but something you couldnt stop laughing about.

Harley-Davidson_Guy
06-27-2008, 08:31 AM
I am not kidding.....last night a guest asked me (while standing in the middle of it) where the Space Mnt. gift shop was. I kid you not! :unsure:

Emme&TeddysMommy
06-27-2008, 09:00 AM
These were all great!!! I got a great laugh. Here is my personal favorite!

This was actually said by my mother about 20 years ago to a cast member. My mother said “excuse me sir does this ride leave the track” and his response was in a comical way “Mrs. if this ride left the track we would all be in for a big surprise!” We all cracked up laughing, but my mother is still to this day is paranoid of fast rides and heights. Every time we go to Disney my Father still brings this story up.

Bethis26fan
06-27-2008, 10:25 AM
My cousin and I were there last year and it wasn't one funny thing but we found it very funny that no matter what language a child was getting fussed at in you still understood the meaning of it. lol and there was a lot of kids and husbands getting fussed at that day in MK.

EPCOTGAL1
06-27-2008, 01:38 PM
I got one! My neighbor and her 3 kids (all under 5)...their little 2 year old having tantrum at EPCOT....a couple walked by them and then the man said to the woman....."and THAT'S the reason why we are NOT having children.."......I cracked up when she told me that....

disneydeb
06-29-2008, 09:13 AM
In 1973, first trip we were in the Tiki room adn my Mother exclaimed,"MY, those birds are well trained!"

A Big Kid
06-29-2008, 11:27 AM
I was watching the Mulan Parade in MGM sutdios. There was a married couple next to us with two kids that were fighting and basically, griping about everthing. Mom was trying her best to keep it under control and definately looked frazzled. Dad was enjoying the parade.

Now picture this: Dad was about 6'5", huge muscles bulging out everywhere. He was wearing a muscle shirt that made his physique even more pronounced. He was eating a MM ice cream bar and wearing MM ears with his name sewn on them - Rocco! I kid you not. He was totally oblivious to the skirmish that mom and the kids were in. He was just totally immersed in the parade waving to all the CMs between bites of his ice cream bar.

His wife finally had with the kids and started yelling, "That's it! We are never coming back here again!"

Dad got snapped back into reality! He forgot about the parade long enough to turn to his wife and sheepishly say, "Well...uhh...I am coming back."

She walked off with the kids and he went back to watching the parade.

garymacd
06-29-2008, 11:42 AM
Dads can be so cruel! My favourite will always be, "I can still sell you back to the gypseys!"

pdrlkr
06-29-2008, 06:25 PM
:thumbsup:

Tigger&Stitch
06-29-2008, 09:40 PM
I got one! My neighbor and her 3 kids (all under 5)...their little 2 year old having tantrum at EPCOT....a couple walked by them and then the man said to the woman....."and THAT'S the reason why we are NOT having children.."......I cracked up when she told me that....

How funny! Perhaps that was me and my husband... :secret:

Dad got snapped back into reality! He forgot about the parade long enough to turn to his wife and sheepishly say, "Well...uhh...I am coming back."

This one made me (literally) laugh out loud! Now everyone at work is wondering what I'm reading..

GoBlueLacheta
06-29-2008, 11:08 PM
People watching and overhearing during crowded times in the park is such a great diversion sometimes and take your mind off the own people youre vacationing with and realize well at least we aren't THAT bad.:thedolls:

Dreamer14
06-30-2008, 05:20 AM
While working in the monorails I am asked many questions throughout the day. Today a women asked me "how do I know when to get off?" My response to her was "when it stops". Her husband thought it was hilarious.

A few weeks ago I was working on the EPCOT line, which goes to EPCOT and the TTC. When the train parked at the TTC station a party remained on the train. I poked my head in and asked "where abouts are you headed today? back to EPCOT?" They responded "no, we are going to the Magic Kingdom". I replied "alright, have a good one" and closed the doors. I'm not sure if they ever got to the Magic Kingdom on the EPCOT monorail.

Daisy'sMom
06-30-2008, 08:00 AM
A few years ago a pouty teenager was in front of us. The mom kept trying to engage her in conversation with the rest of the family but finally her patience had run out. Grabbing the girl's arm, she leaned over and said thru clenched teeth " your father and I took a 10 thousand dollar loan for this trip and you better enjoy it because I promise I will make you miserable each and every month the payments are due.

Minnie Imagineer
06-30-2008, 10:41 AM
i still remember a few years ago my mom and I were on a bus at night, we were going from downtown to our hotel (poly). we were in the seats in the back where there are rows of seats. In the row behind us sat a three year old girl and her grandma...we heard a weird noise and the grandma said "sweetie stop throwing up" .....gross! I am still haunted by that. and yes, she was throwing up...alot

dduck00
06-30-2008, 10:42 PM
Heard from a very tired looking father pushing a double stroller up the hill in front of Splash Mountain:

"OK girls, lean forward and think light thoughts."

Tiny e
06-30-2008, 11:40 PM
In 2001 my husband and I were at the Animal Kingdom and it was drizzling outside, not a big deal. We were watching the gorillas out in the open, mind you, and this guy says to the rest of his family: (pointing at a gorilla) "Look at that one, he don't have sense to get out of the rain."

JavaDuck
07-01-2008, 12:18 AM
I overheard this in Disneyland on New Year's Eve in 1990. It was late at night and everyone had the free hats and horns they had handed out. I was in line with a friend for the HM. This husband and wife with 2 younger kids were in front of us. The wife and husband were arguing about something. Anyway the husband ending the little tiff by telling his wife, "Smile, you are in the happiest place on earth!" His wife was not that amused.

It made my friend and I chuckle though. To top it off I got to celebrate my B-Day at midnight!

mom2morgan
07-01-2008, 11:18 AM
That story is the BEST! Obviously that was one grown-up kid that really "gets" the magic :-) Too bad the kids wouldn't give mom a break so she could feel some of it, too!

I was watching the Mulan Parade in MGM sutdios. There was a married couple next to us with two kids that were fighting and basically, griping about everthing. Mom was trying her best to keep it under control and definately looked frazzled. Dad was enjoying the parade.

Now picture this: Dad was about 6'5", huge muscles bulging out everywhere. He was wearing a muscle shirt that made his physique even more pronounced. He was eating a MM ice cream bar and wearing MM ears with his name sewn on them - Rocco! I kid you not. He was totally oblivious to the skirmish that mom and the kids were in. He was just totally immersed in the parade waving to all the CMs between bites of his ice cream bar.

His wife finally had with the kids and started yelling, "That's it! We are never coming back here again!"

She walked off with the kids and he went back to watching the parade.

Just Keep Swimming
07-02-2008, 01:10 AM
I can't believe I hadn't thought of this one earlier.

We were on POTC right in front of this couple that were probably in their 60s. As we passed the first Jack Sparrow, the woman said
"Oooh, that Johnny Depp, I just want to take him home with me."

Her husband says (in a shocked voice) "Ethel, this is a FAMILY park!"

She replies "Well he can be a part of my family ANY time."

Just the tone of their voices during the interchange made my DH and I laugh.

Shanaynay
07-04-2008, 04:48 AM
Haha this thread was so great! Thanks for the laughs, everyone :rotfl:

TikiGoddess
07-04-2008, 08:23 AM
Also two weeks ago, while we were relaxing on a bench at Epcot's WS, a little brown pod from the tree above us fell onto the sidewalk several feet front of us. The shape, size and color of the pod made it look very much like a "dropping" from a small dog. For 15 minutes, we watched people walking by stare at the pod, avoid it, swerve strollers and wheelchairs around it, jump over it, stop and bend over to examine it with disgusted looks, etc. One woman asked her husband, "I wonder what that is?" He stated very matter-of-factly, "It looks like a poop." Finally a 12-13-year-old boy picked it up, smelled it, and then, looking disappointed that it wasn't anything disgusting, threw it on the grass. I was crying from laughing so hard. :mickey:

These are all GREAT stories, but this is my favorite. How fun to watch people react to a seed pod... and the great ending.

Thanks for sharing everyone!!
TikiG

Lisaj13
07-04-2008, 01:25 PM
Overheard in passing:

Child: But I don't wanna go on Pirates of the Caribbean!
Parent: Well, I do.

Another one:

Parent to whiney child: Life is tough and then you die, Joey.

EPCOT84
07-04-2008, 05:29 PM
8 " Okay guys who wants to go Pooh ? " ~ Mom asking her family walking in front of the Many Adventures of WtP.

:rotfl: :pooh: !

Mrs.Mya
07-04-2008, 05:52 PM
:yay::DThanks everyone - I sssssoooo needed this today.....and everyday !! :thumbsup: But the one about the seed pod on the ground and everyone trying to swerve away from it made me laugh out loud so hard !!

GoldenDreams
07-04-2008, 10:51 PM
I think this was at MGM back when it was MGM and there was a very expensive gift shop there with huge crystal coffee tables and original lithographs - stuff like that. A man is standing looking at print that costs around $10,000 and he says "What the heck. We already spent at least that much today!"

Regarding Maelstrom -- I LOVE THAT MOVIE! Really, it is one my favorite things at Epcot. You all should try it some time. Just sit back and relax and enjoy it. When we are pressed for time, we sometimes sneak into the movie without going on the ride. Honestly!

Mackflava99
07-04-2008, 11:21 PM
These are terrific- thanks for posting it-

My recent favorite-
We were at the Boardwalk walking toward the bridge near beach club (close to Epcot-)

A woman to her family " Do you want to go to Disney or Epcot? " She meant magic Kingdom.
Th dad says- I heard Epcot's not for kids and its a long bus ride, lets go to Disney..."

My wife tried to stop me- but i had to say " Excuse me, you are already in Disney - Disney World...and Epcot has alot for children, plus you can walk there in about 4 minutes.."
Thay said " thanks- THe Dad says, I thought Epcot was owned by Kodak?
No joke...

PlutoPlanet
09-09-2008, 12:21 PM
We were waiting in the stand by line at Aerosmith RRRC. Through the speaker system we heard the song, "Dream On." A grown man, about 40-ish asked, "Who sings this?"

disney100%
09-10-2008, 12:34 PM
On one of our trips, my mom and I were waiting for my dad and brother to get off Splash Mountain. We were standing on the bridge where you can see the bottom of the drop. I can't say what the lady was saying because it was quite unpleasant, but apparently her DH convinced her to ride Splash Mountain and she was unaware of the drop. Let's just say, she was crying, cursing and hitting her husband with her bag while still in the log - there was no way he could escape. My mom and I were laughing so hard once we realized what she was upset about.

Another time, my DH and I were walking behind a family in MK. The dad was reading the map while walking. They were arguing over which way they were supposed to go to get to the Snow White ride - which by the way, they were going the wrong way, they were nearing It's a Small World and heading toward Liberty Square. The father finally said to the mom - I have the map, don't you think I am smart enough to find a simple ride? Do you have to nag me even at the happiest place on earth? My DH and I just giggled, but I did wonder how much further they walked before they realized they were going in the wrong direction!

sneezyone
09-10-2008, 01:15 PM
We were waiting in the stand by line at Aerosmith RRRC. Through the speaker system we heard the song, "Dream On." A grown man, about 40-ish asked, "Who sings this?"

you know, my fav moment was the first time I took my DH on this RnRC....

(let me begin by saying that he had just taken his glasses off)

we get to the Preshow where they are in the studio....and DH says

"Wow, I can't believe Aerosmith is HERE! Disney must be paying them a fortune!"

I still howl everytime I think of it! :rotfl:

He was soo sincere about it too!

MaxPower
09-10-2008, 01:25 PM
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles used to do autograph signings at The Studios. One July day a man was watching Donatello pose for photos in the blistering sun and said "It must be hot in that costume" and the cast member next to him said "He's fine, He's only wearing a headband."

tink'72
09-10-2008, 01:32 PM
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles used to do autograph signings at The Studios. One July day a man was watching Donatello pose for photos in the blistering sun and said "It must be hot in that costume" and the cast member next to him said "He's fine, He's only wearing a headband."

That's great!

Auroring Good Time
09-10-2008, 02:31 PM
Years ago I was riding in the front of the monorail with my mother as well as two other guests. The woman says to the monorail pilot "do you get many deer on the tracks?" The monorail pilot very seriously answers "just reindeer ma'am."

Another story occurred on the Disney Magic just this past July. We were in the elevator and a husband asked his wife where they were eating that night. The wife replied (I will have to spell this phonetically as it was no where close) Loo-men-eer-eez. I think she meant Lumiere's. I had to face the wall to keep from laughing out loud.

AvonleaCF
09-10-2008, 05:11 PM
While waiting for Space Mountain,

Teenage Girl: Mom, what is that other line?
Mom: It's some Fast Pass thing.
Teenage Girl: Well why don't we get them?
Mom: Cause we paid enough for this trip as it is!

I couldn't help but overheard, so I then explained that Fast Pass is free.

after a beat...

Teenage Girl: Well, then why don't YOU have a Fast Pass?

Belle_0717
09-11-2008, 08:40 AM
My dad was famous for these:
"There is no crying in Disney World."
"Any other child would be happy that their parents bring them here every year."
"Smile this is the happiest place on earth."
"When you are older, you'll wish you didn't act like that."

I have overheard some of these too. I will have to keep my ears open in 36 days. I am sure I will have a lot with my Dnephew!

tiggerifictwo
09-11-2008, 05:43 PM
I was standing in line for RNRC and a little girl asked her parents "is this a simulator like star tours?"

iheartmickey
09-11-2008, 09:38 PM

:funny:

That's good!

mouseketeer mom
09-12-2008, 06:43 AM
I don't have a story to share..but I want to thank everyone for making me smile. Its only 6:45 in the morning, and I've been smiling all the way thru my cup of coffee. These stories are just great!!!

big blue and hairy
09-12-2008, 08:59 AM
:jaw:
We were waiting in the stand by line at Aerosmith RRRC. Through the speaker system we heard the song, "Dream On." A grown man, about 40-ish asked, "Who sings this?":jaw:

40 lashes with a wet noodle...

:sulley:

TinkerbellFan16
09-12-2008, 12:45 PM

WOW!!! i know 10 year olds who know and love that song....sad sad sad....

gresh00
09-12-2008, 06:53 PM
I just can't bear to see this post die.

The only thing that comes to mind readily is in Feb 08 when we last went, upon exiting, the lady behind us insisted the Ellen's Universe Of Energy was the original. "I've been coming here since the park opened. I otta know, young, man" was approximately what she said.

I just let it go, said something to the effect of "maybe we're mistaken", but DW and I got a chuckle out of it later.

CaptSmee
09-13-2008, 01:06 AM

:rotfl:

AmandaChan
09-13-2008, 11:06 AM
"Let's go see beauty and the wolf man" (father says to family while walking past the Beauty and the Beast stage show.

My husband and I still giggle about that one. It was mostly how he SAID it.

kgoulash
09-14-2008, 10:33 AM
i don't know if i posted this before
but
i am a total baby when it comes to rollercoasters or the like. and let me add i've gone on maelstorm many times
one year while going on with my soon to be husband, brother and friend they decided to see how scared i really could get. i was sitting behind friend and behind us was a young couple. as we got to the last drop my friend yells "oh my god katherine they changed the ride it's a HUGE drop now!"
i don't know what it was that made me believe him but all of a sudden i got nervous and then the girl behind me yells at her bf "you promised this was a little kids' ride! i am so mad at you!"
that sealed it for me, i started screaming, i mean screaming! when we got to the bottom of the tiny hill there were a bunch of people from the boat before standing looking at me like i was nuts
:blush:

eam
09-14-2008, 10:45 AM
During our stay last November, we decided to go over to OKW and ride the boat over to Downtown Disney. Not knowing the boats didn't start until 11:00 we arrived about 1/2 hour early. No problem, we walked around the shop and went out to wait about 15 minutes before 'start time'. There were about 10-15 other people also waiting with us. At 11:00, we see the boat rounding the bend, stand up and start walking toward the rope, along with the rest our fellow passengers. The boat docks, the captain starts up the gangway, and all of a sudden this woman came rushing up the rope from out of nowhere (we've all seen them, the ones that feel they must be first), confronts the captain, and informs him that "We are a party of 6!". The captain looks at her, does a 180 to look at his boat, looks back at her and states, "Ma'am, the boat is empty". We all had a good laugh over this one, and, yes, she-and her party-got a seat.

eam
09-14-2008, 10:48 AM
During our stay last November, we decided to go over to OKW and ride the boat over to Downtown Disney. Not knowing the boats didn't start until 11:00 we arrived about 1/2 hour early. No problem, we walked around the shop and went out to wait about 15 minutes before 'start time'. There were about 10-15 other people also waiting with us. At 11:00, we see the boat rounding the bend, stand up and start walking toward the rope, along with the rest our fellow passengers. The boat docks, the captain starts up the gangway, and all of a sudden this woman came rushing up the rope from out of nowhere (we've all seen them, the ones that feel they must be first), confronts the captain, and informs him that "We are a party of 6!". The captain looks at her, does a 180 to look at his boat, looks back at her and states, "Ma'am, the boat is empty". We all had a good laugh over this one, and, yes, she-and her party-got a seat.

Meant to say "up to the rope". She wasn't 'on the rope'. Silly me.

kathymk616
09-14-2008, 11:08 AM
I love this thread! I'm going to stray a little and post something related. I was in Paris a few weeks ago on the (very long) line to go to the top of the Eiffel Tower. A 9 or 10 year old American boy in front of me was clearly growing annoyed, and asked his parents if "this thing had FastPass". Too funny.

luvdiznee
09-14-2008, 11:20 AM
"Which bus takes us to Universal Studios?" :D

Daisy'sMom
09-14-2008, 11:29 AM
my favorite - "we took out a loan for this trip and you better have fun starting now or I will make your entire life a living hell" spoken by a mother to her teenage daughter.:mickey:

Joannelet
09-14-2008, 12:08 PM
This thread is hysterical I am laughing sooo hard!! :)

My hubby and I were riding the POTC and we were passing the 1st Captain Jack Sparrow.
There was this girl in our boat in front of me that was going, OMG that is a REAL person!! she's going crazy in the boat waving and going HI REAL PERSON!!! I KNOW YOU ARE REAL!!!!
I just sat in the boat holding and shaking my head.

My brother was riding Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger with me for the first time. I had been on it tons of times before so I was pretty good at it. I kept on moving the car towards the way that I needed it to go to score the most points. My brother was just shooting things and not grabbing the joint stick from me at all. When we were going through the lighted tunnel I kept on turning and spinning our car around and my brother goes, MY GOSH I AM GETTING SOOO DIZZY! WHY ARE WE THE ONLY ONES SPINNING???? I started laughing sooo hard (because he had no idea that you can turn your own car) and he finally looked down and saw my hand on the joint stick and he yells ITS YOU!!!! and then we fought the rest of the time over who was to maneuver the joint stick LOL :)

Altair
09-14-2008, 01:01 PM
The second week of January, off-peak and the first hour the park was open, we were headed down the ramp to load onto IASW. A family rushes up to the railing by the entrance, looks at the small line to enter the boat, and the father says, "No Fast-Pass for this, we're not waiting that long" and off they went, distination unknown.:confused:

disneyfan1124
09-14-2008, 01:50 PM
This is fantasic reading! I have read every post! DH is napping on couch and I keep laughing out loud and waking him up!

Our 2 cents: Walking out of AK park toward bus, tired family with teen children walking beside us. I say "did you enjoy the park?" Dad says, "Well, there's a lot of walking and all there really is to do is look at the animals. I think this visit was enough to last a lifetime." I simply couldn't respond. DH and I just looked at each other and shook our heads. So much the better for those of us who love and enjoy the park!

Thanks for the posts everyone-really great reading!

GoBlueLacheta
09-14-2008, 10:25 PM
:mickey: Working in the hospitality industry myself I hear some dooosies but the disney ones are the best. The good ol disney rookies bolting around everywhere like its a military conquest are fun to watch.

Maps wide open, looking at the sky ,strollers with the bad wheel,asking where is space land,more bags than an airport lost and found,kids wanting to go one way,mom another,dad laughing at everyone,where's mickey,i want thaaaat one,well if not that oneee then buy mee this one, BUY MEEE SOMETHINGG!!!, hurry five minutes left on our fastpass, itss hottt outsidee, wheres the castle, hunnie its epcot, whats Eppcot,and its only 930 AM.

MickeysEars
09-15-2008, 10:49 PM
on a trip with my 22 month old (now 6), every time we passed the castle we kept telling her "look Samantha, that is where we are going to see the show" or "that is where the show is" later in the trip and after some fireworks she says while passing the castle, "look daddy! Show Is Boom Sky!" from that point on, the castle was called showisboomsky. We would try to tell her it was the castle and she would tell us "no, it is showisboomsky"

laward32
09-16-2008, 02:34 PM
I had to add another one. On our first trip my youngest DD was 4 and she loved the monorail, but she kept calling it the AUTOMATER. On our second trip it still took us awhile to get her to quit calling it the automater and call it the monorail. It was so cute.:mickey:

LauraF
09-16-2008, 02:44 PM
I had to add another one. On our first trip my youngest DD was 4 and she loved the monorail, but she kept calling it the AUTOMATER.
Maybe it's a distant relation of Tow-Mater. Who knows? :mickey:

Auroring Good Time
09-16-2008, 02:46 PM
We were watching the show outside of POTC. My son was one of the children chosen to become a pirate. He was very excited. The children were lined up and shown that in order to become a pirate that had to take there swords and slash once to the left, once to the right and then point behind their opponent and say "oh, look, the governor's daughter". When it was my son's turn, Jack Sparrow said that he would fight him. My son was thrilled, what an honor. So my son, slashed to the left, and then to the right and very seriously said "oh, look, the fairy godmother!" I swear, Jack Sparrow, froze in his tracks.
My son would kill me if he found out I was writing this but I couldn't help it.:D:secret:

andreallybadeggs
09-16-2008, 07:15 PM
Have posted this before but one of my all time favorites was a little British guy standing as tall as possible as he was being measured for Thunder Mtn. Having just made it, the cast member said, "OK" and the little boy said "Am I too big?"

callysz
09-17-2008, 11:05 AM
On our first trip to DisneyWorld, my daughter kept saying she didn't like Eddy over and over again, and we couldn't figure out who this person was. We finally figured out who Eddy was when she plugged her ears and closed her eyes tight, when we were on Mount Everest. To this day we still tease her and call the Yeti, Eddy!

Also, we were waiting for a bus at one of the parks one day and it was the hottest most humid day possible. We've all been there before: there was an exceptionally long line up and everyone was tired from being at the park all day, and busses were not coming quickly. We were going to just barely make it on the next bus. As the bus pulls up, this boy behind us goes pushing everyone in line to get by them, bumping people, going under ropes. Naturally, we assumed his family was somewhere up ahead in the line. As it turns out, he was sent up ahead by his family behind us, to get on the bus quckly and secure seats for his entire family on the bus! The things you see at Disney! We were too tired to do anything but laugh, as we "stood" there on the bus...

BigRedDad
09-17-2008, 01:01 PM
I don't have the exact words of the discussion between the bus driver and all of us on the bus, but here goes.

I have to set this up first. The bus driver was about 3 years older than being buried. Seriously, he looked more dead than that freaky guy in Poltergeist 2. I know it is not nice to point this out, but it paints the appropriate picture. We were on a full bus at about 10:30AM to Animal Kingdom. The sign on the bus says Animal Kingdom, his little computer screen thing that sends him on his way says Animal Kingdom, and his entire spiel says Animal Kingdom. We pass through the overhead greeting you to Magic Kingdom. It took my dad and I about 5 times telling him he went to the wrong park. He had to call back in to verify if he was supposed to go to MK or AK.

Needless-to-say, there were about 40 upset people on the bus. I just laughed because this guy just totally blew it. The people on the bus were a little mean to him. The 10 minute detour was worth it for me. At that point he started playing it off by talking about going to Blizzard Beach. He even jumped in the turn lane to get the people going some more.

You had to be there. It was fun and comical.

disneygeek84
09-17-2008, 05:14 PM
We were there all week last week and the one thing that stands out in my mind was on our last night...

We were in Epcot for EMH and it was getting pretty late. Ike was moving into South Texas and South West Louisiana (I have family and close friends that live there) and we were going to have to drive back the next day threw East Texas right about when he could possibly be hitting. Needless to say, I was a little stressed. Well, my DH wasn't feeling so well so we had to make a restroom stop. So while I was waiting for him there was this family obviously waiting on someone as well. At first I couldn't really tell that they were all together, but there was a dad with a double stroller, but only one sleeping child in it, sitting on one bench and an older couple sitting on the other bench. After about 3 minutes of sitting there I hear a woman in the companion restroom started yelling, "DON'T YOU TOUCH THAT! NO!! DON'T TOUCH THAT! I TOLD YOU TO STOP THAT!!!! LET GOOOOO!!!!!!" And then I see someone trying to open the door. As she's doing this she her husband gets up but just kind of stands there so she starts screaming at him, "YOU'VE GOT TO HELP ME! DO SOMETHING!!" (I still couldn't see her, btw) and he finally opens the door up all the way and swings the stroller around so she can put the screaming child into it. At which point the little boy puts both legs out and both arms out because he apparently didn't want to get back into the stroller and wasn't going in without a fight. When she finally got him into it she immediately stuck a bottle in his mouth and he relaxed and quit his screaming and squirming and was almost instantly asleep (I then realized that the kids were twins and probably around 1 year old, maybe a little younger). She then very calmly says, Thank you, goes back into the restroom to get the diaper bag and off they all go.

Funniest thing I've ever seen in my whole life. Mainly because they just acted like that was a normal occurrence (even though the grandparents were getting a kick out of it, too).

disney100%
09-18-2008, 09:42 AM
We were watching the show outside of POTC. My son was one of the children chosen to become a pirate. He was very excited. The children were lined up and shown that in order to become a pirate that had to take there swords and slash once to the left, once to the right and then point behind their opponent and say "oh, look, the governor's daughter". When it was my son's turn, Jack Sparrow said that he would fight him. My son was thrilled, what an honor. So my son, slashed to the left, and then to the right and very seriously said "oh, look, the fairy godmother!" I swear, Jack Sparrow, froze in his tracks.
My son would kill me if he found out I was writing this but I couldn't help it.:D:secret:

How cute!! That is something I can picture my son doing!

homeschool mom
10-06-2008, 09:14 AM
I liked this thread when it was active and wanted to share something I overheard when we were visiting WDW just a couple weeks ago. After we came out from meeting Prince Caspian in DHS, my DS9 was questioning my
DD17. This was the exchange.

Jesse: "Where is Prince Caspian from?"
Tori: "Narnia."
Jesse: "No, I mean the country!"
Tori: "Narnia!"
Jesse: "Narnia isn't a country, it's a closet."

End of discussion. As a mom, I really enjoyed that and thought some of you may as well.

TinyDancer
10-06-2008, 11:04 AM
While checking in at Fort Wilderness, there was a family checking in next to us. The son (looked about 16 or so) was inquiring about golf carts. I think he asked if he could drive it all over and the person checking them in said yes, and then the boy said "What about to Epcot? Can we drive the golf cart to Epcot?"

I was like whaaaaaaaaaaaaa? Hahahaha. He was so serious!!!!!

mulderxcoltrane
10-06-2008, 11:21 AM
Disney to build upscale housing community
Mar 28, 2008

Preliminary plans are underway to build luxury housing at the site of Disney's Eagle Pines Golf Course. Due to its location, the project is termed "The Northeast Resort."

The upscale gated community will include a mix of million dollar estates, condominiums, cluster, village and courtyard homes and timeshare units.

Previously, Disney announced plans for Four Seasons to build a luxury resort at Eagle Pines. Disney spokeswoman Marily Waters stated "This is in essence the coming together of the Disney brand and the Four Seasons brand. This is the first time that has happened. These are often the types of places people come in for two or three weeks, then they won't be back for several months."

The multi-million dollar mansions are expected to be marketed to wealthy overseas buyers. William Weaver, Real Estate professor at the University of Central Florida commented "I can't see many Americans buying multimillion-dollar second houses on Disney property, not very many. But I certainly can see foreigners. As the dollar keeps deteriorating against everything else, it becomes cheaper and cheaper."

Disney has begun the process of de-annexing the property from their Reedy Creek Improvement District and Lake Buena Vista and Bay Lake. Similar steps were taken prior to Disney developing Celebration and Little Lake Bryan.

Site preparation is already underway with the first houses expected to be begin construction this year. When completed, the development could house 1072 people. Most of the homes will be custom built and it is estimated that it could take ten years to reach completion.

glenpreece
10-06-2008, 03:25 PM

DITTO!!!!!!!!!

How about which bus goes to universal?

#1Dduckfan
10-07-2008, 01:36 PM
Two of my favorite statements happened in World Showcase on my last trip:

A lady to her young daughter while walking through Japan, "Look honey, we're in China now".

A women to her group while walking through Italy, "Look they have Bulgari (a sign in the window for the perfume at the store), that must mean we're in France."

Huh????

FlaTinkRAMESAM
10-07-2008, 04:22 PM
We once told our kids at Chef Mickeys that Mickey will not come to our table unless you eat your dinner.

Oh maaaaaan.... I am so using that! (At every character meal we do). It is so hard to get my kid to eat. Lol

Simba's Mom
10-08-2008, 11:23 AM
You CMs must get a lot of doozies! DH isn't a CM, but on one trip, he got mistaken for one. He was walking from BWV toward the IG when a frantic-looking family heading toward the BWV approached him and asked "Where's Epcot?" Once he had them headed towards IG, they wanted to know, "And which country is the Coral Reef resturant?" So he figured he'd better walk them to the resturant so they didn't get lost more times. All the way there, they kept offering to pay him to be their private tour guide for the rest of the day. Poor people!

One other thing I thought was funny was when DS was in Germany last summer and sent us an email to describe it-"It's just like Epcot, only REAL!"

Jasminegirlsmom
10-09-2008, 09:09 AM
Just got back from a week at the world. We were in Epcot walking towards the IG and boats to HS when we overheard wife to husband " HS that's not Disney our tickets won't work there":confused:

Goofy Fan
10-10-2008, 12:06 AM
On our way back to the Contemporary from Epcot last Saturday, a family stopped dead in front of us right before the ramp for the monorail and stared dumbly up at the sign. We were about to pass them when we overheard the mother saying, "Wait, wait. I don't think we can ride this one. We don't have tickets." We politely informed them that they didn't need any kind of ticket to ride the monorail and they would be able to get where they were going without any issues.

disney100%
10-10-2008, 01:28 PM

Oh maaaaaan.... I am so using that! (At every character meal we do). It is so hard to get my kid to eat. Lol

We will be at Chef Mickey's in 8 days and I will definitely be using that too! Thank you for sharing!

princess8813
10-12-2008, 09:46 PM
DD was always taller than DS up until late in junior high. The kids had coupons for water sprites, and everywhere we went, DD was allowed to take one out alone, but DS was always told he could ride with his older sister. Out of sheer frustration, DS informed the CM he was the older brother, and he could prove it, at another location, same scenario, DS told the CM "you wouldn't let my sister drive one of these boats if you knew her like I do". He did finally get to take one out alone at WL.

DisneyBabies
01-17-2009, 02:06 PM
I just wondered if anyone else had any great stories or had overheard anything else in the parks. I love these posts!

mom2mickeyfan
01-17-2009, 04:05 PM
Heard this just as we exited Soarin. It was a very exited little boy saying, 'wanna go again, wanna go again, wanna go again.' I guess you had to be there.

This reminded me of my DS. He was a late talker and we had taught him a few simple signs to help him. Well we went to WD last June and he had just turned 2 in March. My DH took him on Barnstormer which he was just barely tall enough to ride. DH said as soon as it stopped he started saying and signing "more" as fast as he could.

On a side note...as they were getting off the ride DH got dream fast passes for the whole family. :thumbsup:

Oh...and they did ride again. Followed again by "more" from DS.

mrmcgiv
01-17-2009, 04:37 PM
When we were all in a line and we had enough of kids (our own) and Disney and my Dh said:

"I just can't wait to get home, sit on my own couch and watch an adult movie". This came out totally straight faced. :blush:

Of course he meant that he had enough of disney, kids stuff and the disnay shows we were watching in the room. He meant just a grown up movie...not an X-rated movie...but it did not sound good!!! We laughed all day about that!

beachezncream
01-17-2009, 05:24 PM
7. " Why do they even show the movie ? No one is staying" ~ Child walking through theater after Malestrom.

hahah that was probably me :laughing::laughing:

ihavealipfreckle
01-17-2009, 11:21 PM
This is visual, not verbal, but still hysterical. We were walking through adventureland when we saw a small boy running ahead of his parents, luckily they had a retractable dog leash attached firmly to his over-alls! :funny:

jonahbear2006
01-17-2009, 11:40 PM
Not funny but sad......I overheard a boy, say to his dad, kid must've been 4 or so,"I have to go to the potty," in which the dad responded, "Just go in your pull up." They weren't in a line, the dad just didn't feel like bothering.How insulting.

Now, my own story..... A few days ago we were home, not at the park, but we lost our power and had to go stay somewhere else. My son overheard us talking about staying with family or going to a hotel. He said, " I want to go to the hotel because I want to go ride the rides." hahaha, Well, I guess you may have had to be there but my 8 yr old daughter laughed and said, "Eli, not every hotel has a disney world!" hee heee, cause it is the HOTELS that have the WORLD, not the other way around. It was all very humorous.

I was disgusted, at the hotel, when I got up to go to the bathroom and found my son had used markers ALL OVER the bed runner, in concierge. It was a hot pink marker and I kid you NOT it was a solid circle with about a 10 inch diameter. My heart thumped sooo fast. Luckily, my mother, when she packed these fun packs, bought crayola and I was able to wash it all out in the sink and it looked brand new. Thank you Crayola!!!

there's a lot more where those come from. I could write a book about just 3 trips.

WDW5150
01-18-2009, 12:18 AM
OMG-My DD did that when she was 3 with a red sharpie on the back of my sofa! We had to buy a new one.

I can not believe no noe else had posted this, but I have heard several people on the buses comment that the ToT is a "real" hotel and several people seem to think it is the Swan.

jonahbear2006
01-18-2009, 12:36 AM
hahaha, wow!
We were eating at Ohana and my Ds of exactly 2 walked off during dancing time, it was crowded and I took a pic and looked up, and he was gone in the blink of an eye. Our waitress and my DH and I were very upset and looking for him. A waiter came out and we were trying to ask him to check the kitchen cause we sat right next to the doors and they were swinging doors. I could see him in there, hiding. I was sure he was gone for good, kidnapped or something. Wishes was starting and the woman at the table behind us, said, "Sit down I can't see the fireworks!" My DH said, "Sorry, mam, our son is missing, we are looking for him." Her response was, "Well just have your pick of another, there are plenty around here to go around. Then sit down so we can see the fireworks!" OMG! I have never been so appalled in my lifetime. She really had no care whatsoever in a missing BABY. We found him mingling with a table of senior citizens, but I'll never forget that woman's bitter and ugly remark.

Disneyfan1971
01-18-2009, 03:03 AM
Standing on MS, looking waving as people ENTER the park.

"Excuse me, where is the castle?" with a dead serious face, holding a map.

That's pretty sad. It's like asking where is Spaceship Earth and looking at the map :)

stitchaholic
01-18-2009, 06:34 AM
this was good for my mornin laughs!
last january we were in line for RRC and looking at all the posters on the way in,i was discussing the hillary duff one with me DD,and my son,who is not the quietes child,screams out "hillary duff <sic>!" i was mortified when the cm for the ride came up to him and said "what did you just say?" to which he replied exactly what he had previously said,and the cm said,"man,you are the coolest little kid,she does <sic>!"
oh,i see that word is not allowed,it was a word for meaning not very good.

disneydeb
01-18-2009, 09:07 AM

I think I was there! My dd thought he saw ME in the crowd!
I'm rolling on the floor laughing!

Altair
01-18-2009, 09:50 AM
Another one from the same point in the Pirate Tutorial. Instead of saying "Look, it's the Govenor's daughter", the young boy says, "Look, it's my mom." Without missing a beat, the pirate crew member says, " I like to look at moms too, but I get in trouble for that."

Also while in line at the bag search, I'm behind a guy with a huge backback with many pockets and compartments. While searching all these openings the security cm says, "You sure brought a lot of stuff today."
:mickey:

danimator
01-18-2009, 11:04 AM
Overheard in a Main St. shop. A mother was consoling her son, around 3, who was in hysterics in a corner:

"Calm down, CALM DOWN! Dopey's NOT IN HERE!"

Poor kid really, really didn't like Dopey. :)

mom2morgan
01-18-2009, 11:35 AM
This was my own kid, but the people who overheard it were almost hysterical. We were talking about what we were doing tomorrow (this was on the bus, so it was fairly noisy). We HAD been talking about the biggest, scariest roller coasters, but the conversation had shifted. My older daughter was now talking about trying out Boma's, and was saying how much she was looking forward to it. Little daughter, who hadn't noted the change of topic, said enthusiastically "yeah! Me too! I wonder if there will be lots of screaming and vomitting!"

BedknobsandBroomsticks
01-18-2009, 11:53 AM
Our first trip to WDW 1982. We were on the Jungle Cruise and this woman with an extremely thick southern accent says to her roughly 6ish year old son, "Jason, look at the STRI-PED horsey". My dad, who is now deceased, never laughed so hard in his life. We still talk about that memory of him and that first trip. Of course when we ride it now and see the Zebra we say "Jason....":mickey:

BiloxiMom
01-18-2009, 12:00 PM
Overheard on Main Street while waiting for the parade, "Do you think you're going to throw up again?"
Sure got us to MOVE!

And perhaps our most said line... "When can we come back?"

LoriMistress
01-18-2009, 05:20 PM
[Child asking parent during Illuminations.] "Is that a fake world?"
[Parent] Yes.
[Child] Really?
[Parent] Yes.
[DH to the video camera] (chuckle/mock) Is that a fake world?

Disney Yankee
01-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Love these quotes...
Here's one from my DS: He was about 3 and I took him to a restroom at WDW. He was so excited that he could reach the sink and paper towels himself, and he said, "Look Mommy, Mickey made a sink just for me!" :mickey:

djashworth
01-21-2009, 12:21 PM
We won't discuss how old I am and I still think Tink flys without the wire!!! :mickey:

squijee
01-22-2009, 11:22 AM
We were down in 2007 with my sister and her family. My then 2 yr old nephew came to our table at Chef Mickeys with Pluto in tow and loudly stated "this is the puppy I want Mommy"

WDW_Obsessed
01-23-2009, 01:53 PM
[QUOTE=GoBlueLacheta;1642845]
7. " Why do they even show the movie ? No one is staying" ~ Child walking through theater after Malestrom.QUOTE]

I've heard this so many times at the Maelstrom!

This list is too funny!:funny:

Gator
01-23-2009, 05:27 PM
3. " SLOW DOWN GRANDMA " ~ Child at grandma who was speeding away on her electric wheel chair.

You forgot to put, "As grandma ran over 3 kids and loaded onto a bus." :thedolls:

My favorite line was, "Are you guys sitting there for the parade?" No, just crowded with all these other folks, waiting for a dream pass.

Mandykay
01-24-2009, 01:49 AM
The dad of the family behind us on Kilamanjaro Safaris said to his family "wow, those animals look real!" I REALLY hope he was kidding! It was the alligators, but still.... We ran into the same family later and the dad was explaining how the tree of life is a real tree that was imported and then carved. I wanted to keep following the guy to see what else I could "learn" but my sister wouldn't let me:thedolls:

jszczur5
01-24-2009, 01:57 PM

Great thread - thank you. This was absolutely the best line of the bunch!

kid@heartforever
01-24-2009, 09:39 PM
I think I heard this on our trip in 2004. I was in line at guest relations at MK behind this twenty-something couple. They were speaking with a CM and too this day I still can't believe what they were saying!!! They were very upset about how crowded the park was and mostly they were upset about the amount of CHILDREN in the park!!! They told the CM that there should be child-free areas in the park!!!:confused: I could tell the CM was as shocked as I was! He just very nicely told them that Walt built these parks for FAMILIES to have fun together, but they just could not understand why they had to deal with all these crowds and children on their vacation! I could barely believe my ears!!!

Zawadi
01-25-2009, 08:44 AM
In 2005, we were watching the parade during MNSSHP with my DN10. As the headless horseman rode past my DN turned to her mother and said "Is that a real horse?" which resulted in the very fast response "No! It's off the carousel!"

As this was caught on video we still remind our DN of her question :D :D

emmatink
01-25-2009, 08:55 AM
We overheard a 8-9 year old boy ask his father "dad, why are americans the only ones who wear deodorant ?". :sick: What wasn't funny was he said it while we were all in line with several tourist from other countries. So now we all smelled "it" and felt uncomfortable!:blush:

dmosher
01-25-2009, 05:38 PM
I love this post! DW and I are big fans of overheardinnewyork and overheardeverywhere, but this post is great!!! Keep them coming everyone!
:pipes:
D

glenpreece
01-25-2009, 05:44 PM
We overheard a 8-9 year old boy ask his father "dad, why are americans the only ones who wear deodorant ?". :sick: What wasn't funny was he said it while we were all in line with several tourist from other countries. So now we all smelled "it" and felt uncomfortable!:blush:

HEY I can say as a Canadian I wear Antipersperant everyday!!!!!!

MegPeg85
01-25-2009, 05:51 PM
Years ago when Splash Mountain opened and my family was riding it for the first time: after we went down the big hill my brother (probably 6 or 7 at the time) said "Daddy! Daddy! We made it! We made it!!"

Tigger&Stitch
01-25-2009, 07:14 PM
Love these quotes...
Here's one from my DS: He was about 3 and I took him to a restroom at WDW. He was so excited that he could reach the sink and paper towels himself, and he said, "Look Mommy, Mickey made a sink just for me!" :mickey:

We were down in 2007 with my sister and her family. My then 2 yr old nephew came to our table at Chef Mickeys with Pluto in tow and loudly stated "this is the puppy I want Mommy"

I don't have children (and don't plan to), but these two stories are so sweet! :mickey:

Disney Yankee
01-25-2009, 09:59 PM
hahaha, wow!
We were eating at Ohana and my Ds of exactly 2 walked off during dancing time, it was crowded and I took a pic and looked up, and he was gone in the blink of an eye. Our waitress and my DH and I were very upset and looking for him. A waiter came out and we were trying to ask him to check the kitchen cause we sat right next to the doors and they were swinging doors. I could see him in there, hiding. I was sure he was gone for good, kidnapped or something. Wishes was starting and the woman at the table behind us, said, "Sit down I can't see the fireworks!" My DH said, "Sorry, mam, our son is missing, we are looking for him." Her response was, "Well just have your pick of another, there are plenty around here to go around. Then sit down so we can see the fireworks!" OMG! I have never been so appalled in my lifetime. She really had no care whatsoever in a missing BABY. We found him mingling with a table of senior citizens, but I'll never forget that woman's bitter and ugly remark.

And I thought Disney World was for kids...:mickey:

BMan62
01-26-2009, 08:46 AM
And I thought Disney World was for kids...:mickey:

It most certainly IS, although kids range in age from -9 months to 100+ years!!!

Nini
01-30-2009, 09:06 PM
Here's a couple from our trip (just got back 3 days ago):

"Billy....Billy...BILLY, THAT'S NOT YOUR FAMILY!!!"

"Michael, you have to eat more than just that worm!" (Eating worms and dirt from the Main Street Bake Shop.)

And this one just struck me funny - "If your ever in Newfoundland here's my card." KInda like: "If your ever in the South China Sea...", or "If your ever in the Marianas Trench..." I don't know, It made me giggle!

Denise :mickey:

Tink#64
02-01-2009, 01:15 AM
These are all hilarious!

The things that DH & I have heard that have really stuck with us & we often joke about are:

1. "We can only get one fast pass per day, so let's wait!" ( we've gotten so tired of trying to explain fp's to people! :thedolls:)

2. "We only went to WDW. "(Really only went to to MK! :doh:)

3. "We're only going to the 3 main parks." (Which ones are those? :blush:)

4. "We want to stay at the resort that has the gondola running through it! (Is that what they're building now? :funny:)

At times Dh & I look at each other, both thinking, do we even bother to try & explain this one! It's amazing, that so many people, spend all that money for WDW trips & they have no idea about anything there! I love to watch and listen to people! It's fascinating! :D

grumpydude
02-02-2009, 08:38 PM
My feet hurt
I don't like ( insert food of choice here)
This is a long bus ride

shev
02-02-2009, 08:55 PM
My daughter didn't say this at disney but oh well, we were at Universal on the Jaws ride and when the shark came out of the water she started screaming "mommmmy is that thing real"?

Tink#64
02-02-2009, 11:04 PM
My daughter didn't say this at disney but oh well, we were at Universal on the Jaws ride and when the shark came out of the water she started screaming "mommmmy is that thing real"?

Oh my gosh! You just reminded me of our 1st trip! During Bugs Life, when the stink bug turned around to "spray us", DS (then 6) was frantic & yelled out to me, "Is that really acid?" Priceless! :D

mudpuppysmom
02-04-2009, 02:20 PM
I have heard more than once...."my feet hurt"....from teens wearing those thin flimsy flip flops.

In June, July, August -- GOD it's hot here! Um, it's Florida people.....it gets hot there!

This one came out of my own DS's mouth: "Mom, why do we have to go back to OUR world, why can't we stay at Disney World forever?".....he thinks that Disney is a different WORLD altogether!! I love it though when he asks me that, it's priceless!

My own sister says upon me asking her, which park do you want to go to today -- her response, "Let's go to Disney World"....I THINK she meant MK, but still unsure!!

AND, one that we get all the time from people here at home -- WHY do you keep going back to Disney World, there is nothing to do there once you have been there once you have seen it all. I just look at them and laugh!

Tigger&Stitch
02-05-2009, 08:20 PM
This one came out of my own DS's mouth: "Mom, why do we have to go back to OUR world, why can't we stay at Disney World forever?".....he thinks that Disney is a different WORLD altogether!! I love it though when he asks me that, it's priceless!

I agree with your DS!....:mickey:

brdavis
02-06-2009, 01:36 PM
(Father to child, perhaps 8 y.o.) "How can you be afraid of The Little Mermaid adventure but want to go on Tot?"

--
Brian Davis

PAYROLL PRINCESS
02-06-2009, 08:44 PM
Standing in the Barbershop listening to a CM who was visiting the park on his day off telling people there all about the 2 new cruise ships they just launched and how they are bigger than the others and people love the new ones so much better. I explained to the other guests after he left that they just announce they were going to START building them and it would be a couple of years anyway before they were ready to sail. This was in 2007!

jonahbear2006
02-06-2009, 08:49 PM
we were waiting for Dinosaur. It was prob a 45 min line. We were almost ready to load into our car and my son, 4 tugged on my shirt and said,"here's the deal; I have to poop and I hate this rie!" I said, "hahahaha, well, then in 5 min, when the ride is over, I will take you potty!" He was def. scared of the ride and prob wont ride it again.

joonyer
02-07-2009, 02:08 AM
It's not really funny, but the number one thing I hear from my kids, right after we get off an attraction, like Splash, Big Thunder, RNRC, ToT, EE, Space Mtn, Mission Space, Test Track, or many others, all of which we have ridden many times before is:

"Dad, That was AWESOME! That totally Rocked! Let's do it again!" :joy::woohoo::clappy::rocker:

That's why WDW is still such a magical place for me, even though we have been many times.

KCMom
02-07-2009, 07:43 PM
A year or so ago my DH and I were planning a quick weekend trip to WDW for the F&W festival. We asked our friends to go with us. The wife had been with us twice before with her girls and really liked the idea of a trip without kids. The husband really didn't want to go. One of his excuses was that he didn't want to get a passport to visit all the countries at Epcot. He was dead serious.

Fast forward to the trip. After a really great day at Epcot we were sitting at the R&C pub enjoying a drink. Our friend talks really loud and says that he is having a great time...and I'm so glad you talked me out of getting a passport. The people next to us were laughing so hard they were crying. We all were. Now we always mention passports during a conversation about Epcot.

KCMom
02-07-2009, 07:58 PM
I just thought of this one.

One day we were in line for Goofy's Barnstormer. The family behind us was talking about leaving the next day. They were from Australia. The Mom was going over what time they had to wake up to catch the plane and the overall plan for the day. She said she couldn't believe how fast the week had gone by. It was Wednesday already! The problem was that it was Monday. I kept quiet, but they kept talking about it. Finally, I said excuse me but today is Monday. They just stared at me like I had lost my mind. They were sure it was Wednesday. I showed them my cell phone with the date. When we got to the front of the line they asked the CM what day it was...it was Monday. The Dad thought it was the funniest thing he ever heard. The CM thought the family was completely nuts, because they were as excited as if they had won the lottery!

cheshirecollector
02-07-2009, 08:08 PM
During one trip I was walking down the ramp to Epcot from the monorail station with a large group, and I heard a guest describe the long ramp as the "Walking Queue Ride".

TinkerbellT421
02-07-2009, 08:26 PM
DBF and I were in the hot tub at the BWV and these two teenage girls were in there with us with their parents and were talking to us about what the did that day. They had been in Epcot...They started talking about this "cool bracelet" one of the girls bought that day and the other girl looked over at her friend and said "Hey where did you get that bracelet" and the friend looked at her very matter-of-factly and said "In Mexicome"...all of us just looked at her blankly and her friends father started laughing so hard!!!! And he looks at her trying to say it with a straight face and finally gets out "you mean Mexico?!" and she just went "Oh is that what its called??" and she just couldn't understand what was so funny! By the way we find out she 17 and in high school....and she didn't know what Mexico was....that was the funniest thing I ever heard!

mudpuppysmom
02-10-2009, 10:59 AM
This is another something that came out of DS's mouth..... I had lost my voice before we left on vacation, and I had a hard time talking to him on the trip. On day three of our vacation my voice finally came back after whispering loudly for a week! DS then says to me: "Mumma, Disney World is really MAGIC, we found your voice!"

Jasminegirlsmom
02-10-2009, 11:14 AM
My DD and I were riding Soarin'. This was the first time for the people sitting next to us. As they rode they ooh'd and ahh'd and lifted their feet as we soared over the mountain. Near the end the father says in a very loud voice "LAS VEGAS!" as we were flying over LA into Disneyland. Now DD and I yell this everytime we get to this part.

Belle619
02-10-2009, 11:19 AM
This is good one that just happned last week.

We were on the boats at the end of IASW waiting to get off the ride when the woman in the row in front of us pulled out her map trying to figure out where to go next. She turned to her husband and asked "what is the name of this ride we're on now?" ....simple enough question for any other ride, but the song that is playing over and over and over again is kinda a dead give away for this one!!!

DisneyCouture
02-10-2009, 02:25 PM
Last October we were at the Halloween Party and it was myself dressed as Cinderella and my DH and 2 friends were dressed as pirates. We were cutting through the crowds on Main Street and a little boy shouted " Look it's Cinderella... with a bunch of Pirates! Where are they taking her?" We just started cracking up.

MississippiDisneyFreak
02-10-2009, 02:32 PM
My son's friend asked him if he wanted some of his turkey leg (it was already picked clean)...My son held it up and said "Bone Appetit!"

EeyoresBestFriend
02-10-2009, 04:01 PM
In MK, standing in front of the statue of Walt and Mickey and hearing a group of adults debating who "the guy is with Mickey Mouse"? ~ "Do you think he's famous?" ~ "He must be if they have a statue of him?"
The funny thing was that after a good five minutes of deliberation, they still didn't know!
We still laugh over that one.:mickey:

wdwdreamer
02-10-2009, 09:19 PM
When my sister and I were children we went to Disney with my parents in the late 70's or early 80's. The funniest thing we ever heard while waiting for the Electric Light Parade standing in front of the castle. A british woman said to her child in a very british accent "Jeffery, you are getting quite ugly, and if you don't stop it I'm going to smash you on the seat of your pants" This still today is a running joke in my family when someone is acting up.

dixielandings
02-11-2009, 08:40 AM
These are great. And a great idea to write stuff down. DH and I have laughed heartily many times at things we overhear and I can't remember any of them now. Next trip...journal!

dumbo_buddy
02-11-2009, 03:10 PM
My DD and I were riding Soarin'. This was the first time for the people sitting next to us. As they rode they ooh'd and ahh'd and lifted their feet as we soared over the mountain. Near the end the father says in a very loud voice "LAS VEGAS!" as we were flying over LA into Disneyland. Now DD and I yell this everytime we get to this part.

i reeeeeeeally hope you don't actually yell this while on the ride. i'd be so annoyed. :thedolls: