PDA

View Full Version : Destination Wedding at WDW

Babs9910
05-28-2008, 09:59 PM
:mickey: Hi - I need everyone' s help. This year a good friend of the family is getting married in WDW. My dilemna is that I do not know what do give as a gift at the wedding. Another friend advised that at destination wedding you do not have to give a gift at the wedding, your presence at the wedding will be my gift to them. I am not sure if this is true to not. Can anyone please help.

wizardmickey
05-28-2008, 10:07 PM
Wow! Congrats to the lucky couple!

...at destination wedding you do not have to give a gift at the wedding, your presence at the wedding will be my gift to them.
I've heard that also and think this stems from the idea that if you care enough to fork over the money to travel to this event (it ain't cheap!) then that shows how committed you are to being a part of the beginning of your friends' lives together.
My wife on the other hand would come up with some little gift anyway!

cal5755
05-28-2008, 10:42 PM
My wife on the other hand would come up with some little gift anyway!

Me too!! Most likely a gift card for the happy couple.. it is easy for them to pack :thumbsup:

We traveled to South Carolina (from Mass.) for my cousins wedding...they chose South Carolina because of an elderly relative that would not be able to travel....we gave them a gift card to Bed Bath and Beyond and to Home Depot ( we knew they were re-modeling a house).

KineGirl
05-28-2008, 10:49 PM
Lucky couple!

I would agree with PPs that your presence is a present in and of itself and that I would give some small gift as well. Gift cards are a great idea. Disney has gift cards if theyre also honeymooning in the World. That way they could use them towards a special dinner or activity. Or if youre feeling really generous you could prepay an event or tour for them.

Have fun!

DizneyRox
05-29-2008, 05:49 AM
That was our expectation when we got married at WDW. We did get a few things, but it wasn't expected at all! Not that a gift should ever be expected...