PDA

View Full Version : Rainforest Cafe

SharkBait
05-28-2008, 08:52 PM
Hello All....

Just wondering if there is a difference between the Rainforset cafe in Animal Kingdom and the Rainforest Cafe in Downtown Disney? If so, which do you prefer/reccomend?

Thanks !

Natazu
05-28-2008, 10:23 PM
I can't think of any difference at all.
There was a while that only one of them took ADRs but I think they both do now. Anyone?

WAIT... the one at AK has breakfast. I win!

NJGIRL
05-29-2008, 11:15 AM
I have made ADR's at both locations before. From what I can remember they both have the same menus. I like both locations equally. If you are having dessert get the "gorilla's in the mist" it is wonderful.

ThanxForNoticin
05-29-2008, 12:37 PM
I have made ADR's at both locations before. From what I can remember they both have the same menus. I like both locations equally. If you are having dessert get the "gorilla's in the mist" it is wonderful.

You are NOT going to believe this - we were at RFC recently, and they no longer have gorilla's in the mist. I cannot believe they took it off the menu - one of our all-time favorites. If they don't bring it back, we'll be going less.

I think the DTD location might be a bit larger than the AK location, but both have the same theme and menu....

NJGIRL
05-29-2008, 01:09 PM
You are NOT going to believe this - we were at RFC recently, and they no longer have gorilla's in the mist. I cannot believe they took it off the menu - one of our all-time favorites. If they don't bring it back, we'll be going less.

You just broke my heart into a million pieces:(. But wait which Rainforest were you at. Each location has different things on their menus. We have a Rainforest In AC and they have never has Gorilla on the menu or the natural Burger, but I have always been able to get them in FL. Keeping my fingers crossed you weren't in FL.

NJGIRL
05-29-2008, 01:11 PM

What's on their breakfast menu? I can't find any info on it. I even went to Rainforest web page and they don't give a breakfast menu. I would like to try it on our next visit.

JPL
05-29-2008, 01:13 PM
If you are having dessert get the "gorilla's in the mist" it is wonderful.

That is my absolute dessert :tasty:

The Breakfast menu has pretty standard breakfast items with adventurous names. I can't think of any off hand. The selection is somewhat limited but quite good.

MuchLovedMama
05-29-2008, 06:12 PM
I can't think of any difference at all.
There was a while that only one of them took ADRs but I think they both do now. Anyone?

As of about a month ago or so when I made ADR's I couldn't make one for DTD through the Disney line. They gave me the # & I had to call there directly. AK you could but not DTD.

I've been to both but it's been so long but all I can remember is that we LOVED it there.

Natazu
05-29-2008, 08:44 PM
What's on their breakfast menu? I can't find any info on it. I even went to Rainforest web page and they don't give a breakfast menu. I would like to try it on our next visit.
Breakfast Menu AK Location
Tonga Toast - Baked cinnamon French toast with warm maple syrup topped with fresh strawberries, bananas and walnuts. Also available without nuts. $8.99

Breakfast of Bandits - Scrambled eggs, choice of bacon or sausage, served with breakfast potatoes and fresh fruit $8.99

Benedict Bamba - Traditional Eggs Benedict: Toasted English muffin halves, poached eggs, Canadian bacon, topped with Hollandaise sauce. Accompanied by breakfast potatoes and fresh fruit $9.99

Pie of the Viper - Fresh baked Mexican-style breakfast pizza brushed with salsa and topped with scrambled eggs, Roma tomatoes, cilantro, red, green & Poblano peppers, and cheddar cheeses and our four cheese blend. $10.99; add bacon or sausage $.99

Cisco and Pancho - A flat iron steak broiled to order. Served with scrambled eggs and breakfast potatoes. $13.99

Ozzie's Omelette - 3 egg omelette with your choice of cheddar cheese, onions, mushrooms, sausage, bacon or green bell peppers. Served with breakfast potatoes $9.99

Forest Combo - fresh seasonal fruit and a hot bowl of oatmeal served with brown sugar. Fresh seasonal fruit included pineapple, strawberries and red seedless grapes $8.99

Cha Cha's Wild Waffle - freshly made Belgian waffle served with fresh strawberries, bananas and maple syrup and a choice of bacon or sausage $8.99

Kids' Menu
Ages 12 and Under

Breakfast Bandits - Scrambled eggs, choice of bacon or sausage, served with our version of breakfast potatoes $5.99

Tonga Toast - Cinnamon French toast with warm maple syrup topped with fresh strawberries and bananas $5.99

Cha Cha's Wild Waffle - freshly made waffle with maple syrup and whipped cream $5.99

Tuki's Oatmeal - hot bowl of oatmeal served with brown sugar and fresh seasonal fruit $4.99

Assorted breakfast cereals - Ask your Safari Guide for selections. - $3.99

As of about a month ago or so when I made ADR's I couldn't make one for DTD through the Disney line. They gave me the # & I had to call there directly. AK you could but not DTD.I thought they started taking ADRs at DINE for both now. I guess they've either changed again or there was a training glitch. Or I dreamed it, that's certainly possible.

HndrdPrcnt
05-29-2008, 08:56 PM
If you are going for dinner, try the Mogambo Shrimp or the Pastalaya!! Yummy!!

Does either location accept the DDP??

Natazu
05-29-2008, 08:59 PM
If you are going for dinner, try the Mogambo Shrimp or the Pastalaya!! Yummy!!

Does either location accept the DDP??
Sorry John, no luck.

NJGIRL
05-30-2008, 10:33 AM
That is my absolute dessert :tasty:

I just love it. Since AC has never carried it and the Rainforest in Las Vegas didn't have it either I am hoping that the Disney locations still have it. I will be so dissappointed if they don't:(

NJGIRL
05-30-2008, 10:36 AM
Breakfast Menu AK Location
Tonga Toast - Baked cinnamon French toast with warm maple syrup topped with fresh strawberries, bananas and walnuts. Also available without nuts. $8.99

Breakfast of Bandits - Scrambled eggs, choice of bacon or sausage, served with breakfast potatoes and fresh fruit $8.99

Benedict Bamba - Traditional Eggs Benedict: Toasted English muffin halves, poached eggs, Canadian bacon, topped with Hollandaise sauce. Accompanied by breakfast potatoes and fresh fruit $9.99

Pie of the Viper - Fresh baked Mexican-style breakfast pizza brushed with salsa and topped with scrambled eggs, Roma tomatoes, cilantro, red, green & Poblano peppers, and cheddar cheeses and our four cheese blend. $10.99; add bacon or sausage $.99

Cisco and Pancho - A flat iron steak broiled to order. Served with scrambled eggs and breakfast potatoes. $13.99

Ozzie's Omelette - 3 egg omelette with your choice of cheddar cheese, onions, mushrooms, sausage, bacon or green bell peppers. Served with breakfast potatoes $9.99

Forest Combo - fresh seasonal fruit and a hot bowl of oatmeal served with brown sugar. Fresh seasonal fruit included pineapple, strawberries and red seedless grapes $8.99

Cha Cha's Wild Waffle - freshly made Belgian waffle served with fresh strawberries, bananas and maple syrup and a choice of bacon or sausage $8.99

Kids' Menu
Ages 12 and Under

Breakfast Bandits - Scrambled eggs, choice of bacon or sausage, served with our version of breakfast potatoes $5.99

Tonga Toast - Cinnamon French toast with warm maple syrup topped with fresh strawberries and bananas $5.99

Cha Cha's Wild Waffle - freshly made waffle with maple syrup and whipped cream $5.99

Tuki's Oatmeal - hot bowl of oatmeal served with brown sugar and fresh seasonal fruit $4.99

Assorted breakfast cereals - Ask your Safari Guide for selections. - $3.99

I thought they started taking ADRs at DINE for both now. I guess they've either changed again or there was a training glitch. Or I dreamed it, that's certainly possible.

Thanks for the menu. I love French Toast and would love to try breakfast there but the kids want to get the VALCANOOOOOOO. Do you think that they would serve that during breakfast hours:blush:

ThanxForNoticin
05-30-2008, 12:21 PM
I just love it. Since AC has never carried it and the Rainforest in Las Vegas didn't have it either I am hoping that the Disney locations still have it. I will be so dissappointed if they don't:(

NJGIRL - we ate at the AK location in March - they are not carrying the GIM dessert any longer. Our server told us he was getting many complaints about the removal. My wife and I would go there just for an appetizer and to enjoy GIM. VERY disappointing.

NJGIRL
05-30-2008, 01:54 PM
NJGIRL - we ate at the AK location in March - they are not carrying the GIM dessert any longer. Our server told us he was getting many complaints about the removal. My wife and I would go there just for an appetizer and to enjoy GIM. VERY disappointing.

Oh you just put a knife in my heart :(. Thanks for the warning. I would rather know now and have time to mourn than find out when I tried to order it.

I guess I will just have to have two of their chocolate banana drinks to satisfy my craving. :thumbsup:

SharkBait
05-30-2008, 04:24 PM
Thanks for all the great Information!!!