PDA

View Full Version : Trailers before Caspian...

WDWFREAK101
05-28-2008, 08:22 PM
Hey guys! I wanted to know something. I walked in my theatre late when I went to see Narnia: Prince Caspian, so I missed all of the trailers before the film. For some reason, I LOVE the trailers before films. I don't know why but I do. Can somebody give me some info of what the trailers were before the film. What was the name? What was it about? Etc...
Thanks a lot!

PirateLover
05-29-2008, 12:15 AM
Here's the thing-it probably varies from theater to theater. I think that sometimes theaters can mix and match. I'm thinking this because twice I've gone to movies on their second week of release (Iron Man and Caspian) when a friend told me they saw the Dark Knight trailer before those movies on opening weekend, but they were not shown before my movie, seen at the same theater.

Anyway, to answer your question, here are some of the movies I remember seeing trailers for in front of Caspian: Wall*E (the next pixar film), Journey to the Center of the Earth (Starring Brendan Frasier, could be interesting), The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor (AKA The Mummy 3), The Love Guru (Very unfunny looking Mike Myers movie that has played in front of the last 4 movies I've seen. Very annoying), and Beverly Hills Chihuahua, a movie with-you guessed it, chihuahuas. It looks really bad. That's all I can think of.

WDWFREAK101
05-29-2008, 01:53 PM
Thanks a lot! Wall-E looks interesting and so does Journey To The Center Of The Earth. I have seen the trailer for The Love Guru and that doesn't look funny at all. I have never even heard of Beverly Hills Chihuahua. It's amazing how much stupid stuff Hollywood can put into theatres now a days. Anyway, thanks for the help!

2Epcot
05-29-2008, 02:38 PM
I have not seen this movie, but just generally about trailers ... Theaters do mix and match as Maryanne said, though trailers are usually (and should be) geared towards the type of film being shown, so during a family film, you will see trailers for similar type films ... action, horror, and so forth. Also, the trailers will also be heavy towards the studio that produced or distributed the main feature ... so if you are seing a Disney film, you will probably see trailers for more of their films ... Fox, Warner, Paramount and so forth. This is done by most studios, probably by contract, though I don't have any first hand knowledge of that.

Disneypixie513
06-01-2008, 10:43 PM
Let me think a moment..
I think we saw a trailer for Kung Fu Panda, Hancock, The new Mummy movie, Beverly Hills Chihuahua, Wall-E..
I think that was it, but i'm not 100% sure.