PDA

View Full Version : IPO/Private Dining amenities at Boardwalk ???s

LisRich
05-28-2008, 07:54 PM
Does anyone know what you can order through private dining while at the BWI, such as the chocolate covered strawberries, etc.? Are they the same at all the deluxes or specific to each resort? We stayed at the Contemporary and got the chocolate monorail and the strawberries, but I didn't know if the offerings varied among the resorts.

TheRustyScupper
05-28-2008, 08:24 PM
1) Private Dining = Typical Room Service
2) Thru 11:00pm for dinner, thru midnight for pizza and specialties
3) I haven't seen strawberries.
4) Sources
. . . breakfast - Boardwalk
. . . lunch - ESPN club
. . . dinner - Spoodles
. . . baked goods - Boardwalk bakery

NOTE: Specialties do vary among resorts.

LisRich
05-28-2008, 08:41 PM
No, I'm sorry but what I'm referring to is other than typical room service. These would be like turndown items you can have delivered. I had a list of items that could be ordered through the IPO from private dining while we were staying at the Contemporary that included chocolate mickey or minnie w/dipped stawberries, some kind of Contemporary picture box w/truffles, and the chocolate monorail (we had the monorail, truffles and strawberries w/a bottle of champagne delivered). So I was curious if there was a list of similar items available for the Boardwalk if you are staying concierge level?

TammiMcMan
05-29-2008, 09:12 AM
Some of the items are the same, like the chocolate Mickey and the strawberries. When staying at the BC/YC, they had other things with more of a beach theme. For example, a box of chocolates in the shape of seashells and there was some kind of sand bucket filled with snacks. I know there was more, but my memory is failing me at the moment :blush:. The easiest thing to do, is to call the BWI and ask for the private dining department. They can read the items over the phone or even fax the list to you.

LisRich
05-29-2008, 11:23 AM
Thanks, Tammi for your advice. I emailed the IPO and immediately got a response w/the entire menu attached, including the available room amenities I was looking for. I know sometimes folks have complaints about the responsiveness of the IPO, but this time I have to say they were extremely prompt and helpful!

TammiMcMan
05-29-2008, 04:46 PM
Lisa, just from my own personal experience, the IPO team that handles the Epcot resorts is one of the best. Very prompt and very helpful.

TheRustyScupper
05-29-2008, 07:26 PM
No, I'm sorry but what I'm referring to is other than typical room service.

1) Ah-ha.
2) I see.
3) In that case,let me quote Rosan Rosana Dana - "Never mind."

LisRich
05-29-2008, 09:55 PM
ALL HAIL THE LATE GREAT GILDA!!! :thumbsup: