PDA

View Full Version : Signature family dining..

mouseketeer mom
05-28-2008, 04:09 PM
OK- I don't know if Signature and Family dining go hand in hand, but here goes..
We loved California grill..our first Signature dining experience. I thought it was very family friendly. DH says..lets try as many of the really good restaurants as we can..so...Jiko is a definte. All booked. Narcoosees is a definite. All booked. So, I'm thinking..Flying Fish or Yachtsman?? (leaning towards FF) or open to other suggestions..something that might be the most family friendly and well, cool to experience., like Cali Grill was.
Thanks..its for November..and I bet they are booking up fast!:mickey:
Oh! Forgot to mention we have Artist Point booked too.

KineGirl
05-28-2008, 04:32 PM
Hmm you got most of the really good ones covered. The only other place I can think of is Fultons at DTD. The Yachtsman is probably my second fave (Jiko is first) so be sure to try that the next time around. Ya'll must be doing the dDDP! Lucky you!

BTW did you send that cold rain down here? brr!

Natazu
05-28-2008, 10:43 PM
Yachtsman isn't bad. It's a pretty restaurant and you can view the beef cuts in the case.
But Flying Fish is amazing, one of the best restaurants in Central Florida. I can't imagine a trip without a visit to FF. Potato Wrapped Snapper with red wine and butter sauce, mmmmm.

mouseketeer mom
05-29-2008, 08:48 PM
I just booked Flying Fish..will there be kids there, or is it a strictly nightlife place? We booked on the earlier side of dinner..

Natazu
05-29-2008, 08:53 PM
I just booked Flying Fish..will there be kids there, or is it a strictly nightlife place? We booked on the earlier side of dinner..
It's a family restaurant. There's a bar but it's mostly for people waiting for tables and single diners that want to be in-and-out. There's a view of the Boardwalk but that's as close to the BW nightlife as it gets.
If you see Keith Gimbel or Chef Tim tell 'em I said hi.

elmjimmlm
05-29-2008, 09:23 PM
I have tried to stay away from these restaurants because I thought that they were not kid friendly...I thought who wants to pay more money to hear screaming kids at the next table...Maybe we will consider some of these now...

Kairi_7378
05-30-2008, 08:51 AM
I've eaten at the CA Grill and Artists' Point, and I would consider both to be kid-friendly. I think that Artist's Point was a little more kid friendly than CA Grill. If your children are used to dining in restaurants, I think they would have no problem dining at a Disney Signature Restaurant. Enjoy FF Cafe... and let us know how it is when you get back!

c&d
05-30-2008, 10:38 AM
Definitely recommend Artist Point. We've been taking DS there since he was 5. He loves the paint the jigsaw chocolate dessert.