PDA

View Full Version : Pop Century Buses

oliver&bianca
05-28-2008, 03:51 PM
How are the buses at POP? Are there enough buses to serve the hotel? We are going in a couple of weeks, and we are extremely excited. Also, which building is the most convenient?:blush:

GrumpyFan
05-28-2008, 04:08 PM
We've always found the busses to be pretty good. The longest we've ever waited for a bus to/from a park was about 25 minutes, but usually 15-20 minutes is the average. As for convenience, it depends on what you consider convenient. While one building might be more convenient to the pool, it might not be so convenient to the buses or main building. We've stayed in the 50s, 60s, and 70s, and found the 70s to be the most convenient for us due to it's location to the busses and main building. However, we liked the lake side of the 60s and 70s for it's quietness.

oliver&bianca
05-28-2008, 04:15 PM
We stayed there in 2006 and only used our car. This time we are going to take advantage of the buses. We also stayed in the 50's building and liked its location; however, we never got a chance to walk around the resort to see the convenience of the other buildings. Thanks for the reply!

MauiMouse
05-28-2008, 04:34 PM
Never had a problem with the bus system at Pop & I've stayed there 3 times so far. :thumbsup:

mrbghd
05-28-2008, 04:35 PM
We were ther in June last year and the busses were great. We only had one trip tothe parks were we drove. We happened to be getting on the bus to AK with a party of 15, several of which were in wheel chairs. We opted to drive instead of waiting for the loading process. (personal choice on our part) The only bus problems are from the parks at the end of the night, the lines at the parks are long, but it is liek that for all the resorts (we have stayed at many) We stayed in the 80's building # 7 and thought it was both quiet and convenient. It was around a 5 minute walk to Classic Hall and if you cut through the parking lot the bus stop was a couple of minutes away. Have fun, we'll be staying at POP July 13-20

Crow
05-28-2008, 06:38 PM
Ive stayed there a few times (see below)
buses arent too bad. Ive found MK buses usually have the longest lines in the AM so usually get the Epcot bus. I spend the most time there plus i can get the monorail to MK. plus its closer to POP
MK closing can have lines.
Ive always stayed in the 50s area & found it to be a good location. Ill b back in Sept

kadesha
05-28-2008, 06:40 PM
We never had any problems with the buses! We had great experiences every time we waited or got on one. My only complaint is that the bus stop is so far away at the parks. But that's the case with any Value, not just pop.

The 60's buildings are the most convenient at Pop.

Julie1221
05-29-2008, 10:21 PM
Just returned yesterday the buses were great. I don't remember waiting longer than 10-15 minutes!
We stayed in the 90's and didn't think it was that bad to walk to bus stop or main building. We found it easy to walk through the 90's parking lot. I've heard a lot of complaints about the standard rooms but didn't find it to be that inconvienent.

DakotaDisney
05-29-2008, 10:55 PM
I just stayed at POP for the first time and I wouldn't say I had any problems with the buses, but in the past I have stayed at AKL, including the trip I just came back from. And I found the buses for AKL better than the one for POP.

The lines at POP were not really long in the morning, but in the evening and at the close of the day the lines for POP at MK were really long.

I also thought that the POP buses seemed to be the farthest ones away at the parks, which isn't that big of a deal,just more walking.

The biggest thing was the buses to POP from Downtown Disney. There were a group of us waiting in line in the rain and 3 buses came from POP but only dropped off people and wouldn't pick us up. I had never had that happen before. One of the ladies in line said that the day before she had to wait for a really long time before a bus came that would pick them up. (a lot longer than 20 min. wait, like an hour or more)

BigRedDad
05-30-2008, 01:41 AM
We were there the first week of April this year. I was extremely skeptical of a Value resort. To my surprise,the buses were extremely efficient except for the very first one we got on. The driver that time went to the wrong park. Besides that, everything was quick and effortless.