PDA

View Full Version : Personalized Maps?

SCbelle
05-28-2008, 07:59 AM
I came across a site that lets you personalize your map of each park and highligts the things you want to do/see the most.:mickey:

Has anyone here used these and if so, were they helpful? :)They are free and you can get them up to six weeks out from your vacation start date.

mrsgaribaldi
05-28-2008, 08:10 AM
I got them for DH just as souvenirs. They would be helpful though.:thumbsup:

KineGirl
05-28-2008, 08:15 AM
I get them for souvenears too. I usually though get them right after a trip to mark the particular rides we rode. Plus sometimes even 6 weeks out the maps arent updated - such as if you were to try and put the new Toy Story ride on there 6 weeks ago - wasnt available on the map. Not to mention it gives me a way to tour the whole World and everything we did all over again :cloud9:

The maps are beautiful, personalized keepsakes and couldnt really imagine using them in park.

AXOAlum
05-28-2008, 09:01 AM
I just saw one of these and they are beautiful. I only wish they didn't print them on both sides! I love to scrapbook, and this would make a great addition, but I would have to choose which side to display :-o

I agree - I would never use these in the parks - they are just too beautiful.

Pooh Fan
05-28-2008, 12:11 PM
What is the site that does this?

princessjojo
05-28-2008, 12:17 PM
I thought about making copies of the maps then having them laminated. Then I could give them to the kids and they could mark on them. But like I said I thought about it, but don't know that it would actually be feasable. Does anyone know if you could fold them after laminating them? I don't think they could be.

SCbelle
05-28-2008, 12:33 PM
Unfortunately, I forgot to bookmark the site, but I found it by googling "personalized disney maps". I think I originally found it from the official disney website, it was a link.:mickey:

KineGirl
05-28-2008, 12:39 PM
personalized map (http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/wdw/myVacation/customizedMaps/index?id=CustomizedMapsWelcomePage)

if you want to find it on your own go - to the disney site. Go to the travel link. Go to my vacation and sign in - you will find it there :mickey:

princessjojo- Im not sure if they would be foldable after being laminated. Maybe if you got a softer lamination - I think Ive seen some film like lamination out there somewhere. Couldnt tell you where though

tmosier
05-28-2008, 01:06 PM
I received a personalized map through the Disney web site Nov. 07 and, although it was lovely, I wasn't too happy with it. The map turned out to be one giant commercial for Disney highlighting the attractions they wanted to promote. My family and I took the time to research and select what we wanted to visit and have on our keepsake map, and then Disney went ahead and added a whole bunch of stuff to it. Kinda ruined the whole thing.

KineGirl
05-28-2008, 01:13 PM
I received a personalized map through the Disney web site Nov. 07 and, although it was lovely, I wasn't too happy with it. The map turned out to be one giant commercial for Disney highlighting the attractions they wanted to promote. My family and I took the time to research and select what we wanted to visit and have on our keepsake map, and then Disney went ahead and added a whole bunch of stuff to it. Kinda ruined the whole thing.

You mustve gotten different maps then what I have. I even just went and pulled out both of my 07 maps and there are no ads on the maps whatsoever.My 08 map is the same. The only things that did come with it (and still does) are gold stickers to highlight your favorites.

BMan62
05-28-2008, 01:17 PM

I'm not sure what you did, but if you select the Show Map Favorites Only it will turn off everything else, your map will come through with only those attractions you selected and a legend listing them. (The default is to Show All.)

IloveDisney71
05-28-2008, 03:14 PM
...The maps are beautiful, personalized keepsakes and couldnt really imagine using them in park.

Me either. I ordered two sets so I can have them framed one day to display in my gameroom.

indytraveler
05-28-2008, 04:21 PM
these are definitely keepsakes. I got my copy last year year and my mom had to have her set once she saw what they looked like.

#1donaldfan
05-28-2008, 04:52 PM
I've got a couple sets of 'em....they are great keepsakes.....I've framed the MK one....I made my own frames out of really, old, worn out wood, they kinda look like the frames at Splash Mtn. .....the only thing I don't like, they come folded and once in the frames you can see the creases.....not a big problem, I just wish they'd come rolled up......nevertheless, they're awesome, both the frame and map.....:mickey::mickey:

tmosier
05-28-2008, 09:52 PM
I didn't mean to imply that Disney added "ads" to my personalized map, but rather that Disney added attractions, restaurants, etc. to my map under "Even More Fun" and "Suggestions", things that I didn't even select to begin with. I thought that the only things that would be on the map were things I personally selected, after discussion with the family of course.

KineGirl
05-28-2008, 09:59 PM
I didn't mean to imply that Disney added "ads" to my personalized map, but rather that Disney added attractions, restaurants, etc. to my map under "Even More Fun" and "Suggestions", things that I didn't even select to begin with. I thought that the only things that would be on the map were things I personally selected, after discussion with the family of course.

I still did not have any of those things. Nothing that states a suggestion, restaurants or more fun - nothing. Only the attractions I picked out on one and the other I opted for all the attractions (when you dont opt for the favorites only option) were on my maps. Im not sure you got the same maps we are discussing here.

tinksmom02
05-28-2008, 10:12 PM
I still did not have any of those things. Nothing that states a suggestion, restaurants or more fun - nothing. Only the attractions I picked out on one and the other I opted for all the attractions (when you dont opt for the favorites only option) were on my maps. Im not sure you got the same maps we are discussing here.

No, this happened to me last time I ordered them, too. I specifically went through and marked off all the attractions, rides, etc. that we had visited on our last trip, and the maps came with additional "suggestions."

I order them every six months...not sure why, though. Probably because they're free LOL

katzctkpt
05-28-2008, 10:12 PM
We just ordered another set this past Feb. They are really nice.

KineGirl
05-28-2008, 10:16 PM
No, this happened to me last time I ordered them, too. I specifically went through and marked off all the attractions, rides, etc. that we had visited on our last trip, and the maps came with additional "suggestions."

I order them every six months...not sure why, though. Probably because they're free LOL

How wierd!?! My bad then tmosier... :D Why dont mine look like that? Not that Im complaining! Ive ordered 3 sets now and nothing like that is on them. Now its going to drive me nuts and Im going to have to pull them back out again!

princessjojo
05-28-2008, 10:22 PM
I've ordered 2 sets now and neither of them were like that. They were just specific to what I wanted on the maps. I had actually thought about ordering some new ones since my current maps don't have any recent additions like Toy Story or anything. I think the last ones I ordered were about 9months ago...

I'll have to order them to see what I actually get...

Young@Heart
05-29-2008, 12:21 AM
We ordered them a couple months ago and they have become one of my prized posessions! They're beautifully made, and a great addition to our planning. :thumbsup: