PDA

View Full Version : Tournament of Attractions!: DHS quarter-final: Star Tours VS The Backlot Tour

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
05-28-2008, 01:21 AM
Another blowout, or will this one be closer? Hi everybody, and welcome back to the Tournament of Attractions! here on the Intercot theme park forum.

TO RECAP:

Epcot Quarter finals:
- Spaceship Earth rolled over Mission: Space
- Soarin' flew way over Ellen's Energy Adventure
(2 matches remain in the quarter finals)

DHS Quarter finals:
-Rockin' RollerCoaster drove circles around the Great Movie Ride
(2 matches remain in the quarters after this poll)

MK Quarter finals:
- Haunted Mansion spooked Space Mountain
(3 matches remain in the quarter finals)

AK Quarter finals:
- Expedition Everest dried up Kali River Rapids
(3 matches remain in the quarter finals)

UP NEXT:
As you all know the matches may continue to be lop-sided in the quarter-finals. The matches were all drawn at random so lop-sided polls may be expected as the Tournament of Attractions! continues. I'm thinking this one may be closer...but who knows, as we face Star Tours against the Backlot Tour feat. Catastrophe Canyon!

WHAT TO DO:
Vote for which attraction you enjoy more.

The next poll (a MK quarter-final) will be posted once this thread gets to the second page of this forum.

Have fun, and have a Disney Day!

Chris :hatter:

KineGirl
05-28-2008, 01:47 AM
a tough one!

I enjoy them both but I had to go with Star Tours only because its about as close to a thrill ride as I get! :blush:

BritCody
05-28-2008, 06:42 AM
I'm a Star Wars geek, I have to go with Star Tours on this one for sure

RAIDER
05-28-2008, 08:55 AM
The backlot tour for me ...I think Star Tours is such a let down and could be so much better :thumbsup:

Dragongirlx
05-28-2008, 09:06 AM
Star tours for me but then I am a total sci fi geek.

I do enjoy the back lot tour but I think it could be a bit better.

Charlee
05-28-2008, 09:17 AM
Gotta be Star Tours... :yoda:

biodtl
05-28-2008, 09:37 AM
This was a toss-up for me, but in the "eh" way. I'm not a fan of the tyoe of ride that Star Tours is, and I really think a SW ride could be awesome. And Backlot is just OK to me too. I went with Backlot, because at least I don't get motion sickness.

avantgardeinker
05-28-2008, 09:49 AM
Neither of these are my absolute favorite at DHS, but if I have to vote for one I'm going for The Backlot Tour.

:mickey:

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-28-2008, 10:44 AM
Star Wars groupie here!

disneydd
05-28-2008, 10:49 AM
Backlot Tour! I loved to see the costuming dept. and the working studios!!! :mickey:

NJGIRL
05-28-2008, 10:55 AM
I find most of the backlot tour to be boring at this point. I guess they really don't use it for their tv shows anymore so it's the same "look there's the Golden Girls House" tour each time. I still like Star Tours and think it's fun.

Capt. Sparrow
05-28-2008, 11:34 AM
I have to vote Star Tours here only bc I am a Star Wars geek. But the ride is a big let down and really needs to be updated with new technology.

I just got back from the world on Sunday and I am really depressed, this pole reminds me of the fun times I had last week!

JasonH
05-28-2008, 03:13 PM
Star Tours hands down!!

:darth::yoda:

After all, I was one of the lucky few when they first started the Star Wars Weekends that I had signed up to do marathon riding of Star Tours and was able to ride it 30 times in a row with no break in 6 hours time. I think the record stands at 32 or 33 times in a row, must not have been quite as busy that day for that person.

indytraveler
05-28-2008, 04:07 PM
Star tours got my vote. like this one even though a little herky jerky.

pianobabe
05-28-2008, 07:31 PM
I picked Backlot Tours on this one. Even though it is a little long, I enjoy getting to see the props and other things. The Catastrophe Canyon aspect is a little on the "silly" side, but it is interesting to see how it is done. I do like Star Tours. I can ride anything, but this type of ride tends to make me a little queasy.

wdwgrl377
05-28-2008, 07:50 PM
Boy, this was a tough one for me. I like both attractions, but I had to go with Star Tours on this one.

Polynesian Dweller
05-28-2008, 07:53 PM
Like some others, not a big fan of either but would be more likely to ride Star Tours.

IloveDisney71
05-28-2008, 07:58 PM
I don't really like either one, but I voted for the Backlot over Star Wars. I only rode Star Wars once and for some crazy reason I suffered from motion sickness on it...so I've never ridden it again.

laughingplace<3
05-28-2008, 08:16 PM
I think Star Tours is just a cheap motion ride :blush:

beksy
05-29-2008, 01:24 AM
I'm not into Sci Fi at all and we always go on the Backlot Tour (1st ride I ever rode at DHS so it has special meaning!) even though I liked it better when they had some of the house fronts, so I had to to with the Backlot. Plus we always seem to see at least one person who is totally unsuspecting of the canyon and their expression usually makes the ride worthwhile.

Laughin' place
05-29-2008, 02:17 AM
Backlot used to be really unique and exciting -- back when Studios was a studio, and you were "backstage" at a working production facility. I understand the economics of the change -- and Im not usually one to be negative (especially since I leave in a little over 48 hrs !!!), but the Backlot is a shadow of what it once was. Makes me kinda sad to ride it now.:(

Jeniflower
05-29-2008, 08:13 AM
its gotta be star tours, the back lot tour just misses something. saything that last year I got to be in the stunt show at the start. nothing like 4 gallons of water being dumped on your sisters head, beacuse you volunteered her for the special job:mickey:

bruin1344
05-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Backlot Tour, i still like the tour and the cast members on the ride are funny

Star Tours makes me a little bit nausea, only ST, Mission Space, and Body Wars have that effect on me. Star Tours is bit dated for me too.

big blue and hairy
05-29-2008, 06:07 PM
If both were in their original condition, I would have voted for the Backstage Tour, but as they are now, I would go for Star Tours.

:sulley:

droopy d.
05-29-2008, 06:39 PM
Backlot tours for me I always feel :ill: after Star tours.