PDA

View Full Version : anniversary cake question

Young@Heart
05-28-2008, 12:24 AM
I saw a beautiful cake they can do at the GF bakery and I believe this can be ordered for any of the GF restaurants. It's a small, 2 tier white cake, w/ a white chocolate castle on top.
We'll be having dinner at 1900 PF for our Anniversary, and I thought this would be perfect! Does anyone have any info on it? I'm wondering which # to call (GF bakery or cake hotline), what fillings/cake flavors are available, and the price?
TIA for any info! :mickey:

paulsheri
05-28-2008, 08:33 AM
When I Placed My Dining Ressies For The California Grill, The Cast Member Gave Me The 'phone Number, To Order The Cake, Which, Was Very Nice And Good ! They Even Used That As Our Desert, On The Dining Plan.

DizneyRox
05-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Last I heard, just the white chocolate castle topper was about $!50 or so.

As I said in previous threads, I purchased a cake like I think the one you are describing a few years ago and the the price was in the neighborhood of about $300-$350. I don't remember exacly.

It's a smaller version of the Castle in the Clouds wedding cake that they offer. With the current tag line Disney Parks and the image of the Castle int eh Clouds, it makes sense that is what you saw. it's about 8 inches in diameter and the castle is the same diameter. The spires on teh castle were blue correct?

You can pick the flavors, may I suggest though buttercreme and strawberries in between the layers... YUM!

Young@Heart
05-29-2008, 12:45 AM
Last I heard, just the white chocolate castle topper was about $!50 or so.

As I said in previous threads, I purchased a cake like I think the one you are describing a few years ago and the the price was in the neighborhood of about $300-$350. I don't remember exacly.

It's a smaller version of the Castle in the Clouds wedding cake that they offer. With the current tag line Disney Parks and the image of the Castle int eh Clouds, it makes sense that is what you saw. it's about 8 inches in diameter and the castle is the same diameter. The spires on teh castle were blue correct?

You can pick the flavors, may I suggest though buttercreme and strawberries in between the layers... YUM!

I'm hoping this is a different cake! The one I saw had a 3" bottom layer, 2" top layer, then an all white, white-chocolate castle on top. Supposedly, it was about $25 in 2006, but I'm assuming the price has gone up. I hope it's not $350! DH won't get me that, anniversary or not! :blush:

DizneyRox
05-29-2008, 05:56 AM
This is what $300+ gets you... Mini Castle in the Clouds Cake (http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/4969/dscn0362zp5.jpg)

It's a litle different than what I remembered. Pretty close though...

Young@Heart
05-29-2008, 10:32 AM
That's beautiful!!! Are those flowers edible?
Either way, what a gorgeous cake!

DH and I got married at a carousel and had a Cinderella-themed wedding (it was soooooo much fun to plan!). We even had Cinderella invitations. Our cake topper was a silver castle, so getting the castle topper for our anniversary cake at WDW would make my vacation even more magical. :cloud9:

DizneyRox
05-29-2008, 02:45 PM
That's beautiful!!! Are those flowers edible?
Either way, what a gorgeous cake!
Yes, they were edible, but being edible and tasting good are two different things.

RockChalkKimball
05-29-2008, 04:29 PM
We ordered a cake in Dec/Jan for my parents 50th Anniversary. They can do just about anything you ask for. We wanted the white chocolate castle, also, but they told us it was an additional $100!!! We ordered a two layer cake with custard and strawberries and roses on top. It was about $40.00. There were 10 of us and it lasted for several days! Call the restaurant directly and they will hook you up with the person who makes the cakes. They even called me the week before and confirmed all of my directions. Good Luck!