PDA

View Full Version : Whispering Canyon Stories

DakotaDisney
05-27-2008, 10:52 PM
I wasn't aware of the fun and antics of Whispering Canyon. I had heard of some of the fun things they do for kids, but not the rowdy fun stuff of the servers.

Our Backstage Magic Tour had lunch there on May 15 and it was great!

I don't know if it was because we were a tour group or becase we were all adults, but we had to female servers that called themselves sisters and really acted up. One told us to call her "Ma" I think and the other one told us to clap and cheer each time she said "Tada". They were hilarous!!! They picked one us and said a a lot of funny things, nothing inappropriate, but I don't think they would have done some things if we had kids in our group. They also knew our tour director and picked on him. We had a great time! They even picked on us when we were standing in the lobby of WL getting ready to leave.

Anyone have some good stories about eating here? Especially with a group of adults or has anyone else had these two female servers? It seemed like some of the other servers weren't doing as much as our 2 were.

Young@Heart
05-28-2008, 08:53 AM
awww, I'm so jealous!!! :D Our server was new and we had no fun. :( The tables around us looked like they were having fun, though.

I'm glad you had a great time! How was the rest of the tour? I can't wait 'til our DC our grown and DH and I can enjoy the Backstage Magic tour.

elmjimmlm
05-28-2008, 09:22 AM
Our server was not the greatest...The most that she did was throw straws at us...I was on the phone at one point and another server walked by and asked me if I needed everyone to be quiet while I talked...I hung up right there and didnt move for the rest of the meal...Watching my DH and DB do the Buttercup dance was a highlight...:mickey:

Maleficent's Dad
05-28-2008, 09:22 AM
We've had tons of fun at WCC - as stated above, it really depends on your server and how much they get into their role.

They were hilarous!!! They picked one us and said a a lot of funny things, nothing inappropriate, but I don't think they would have done some things if we had kids in our group. They also knew our tour director and picked on him. We had a great time! They even picked on us when we were standing in the lobby of WL getting ready to leave.
DakotaDisney I have a quick question for you - since you were there at lunch, did they do their ketchup thing??? Or was the ketchup on the table? I was there in April and the bottles of ketchup were all on tables... :( Just wondering if I hit it on off days. :confused:

SgtTigger
05-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Let's see....

They made the kids go outside and do a nature walk out side the windows.....

Horse rides......

Gave the mike to the gusts and made them do animal noises......

Picked on one lady so much ( she was trying to get other in trouble) that they made her run out the restaurant.... but they did not stop there they went to the railing and gave her a hard time in the lobby........ her family just hung her out to dry too.....

can you tell I have been a bunch of times.....

:cop: :tigger:

Mrs.Mickey
05-28-2008, 07:39 PM
we had so much fun when we went. they still were doing the ketchup thing (THis was in Nov.) THey yelled at people on their cell phones and a guy asked for a big glass of water and they gave him a gallon jug. Since it was our honeymoon they made us stand up and kiss for 10 seconds while the whole restaurant watched it was the funniest meal of the whole trip.:thumbsup:

DakotaDisney
05-28-2008, 11:14 PM
DakotaDisney I have a quick question for you - since you were there at lunch, did they do their ketchup thing??? Or was the ketchup on the table? I was there in April and the bottles of ketchup were all on tables... :( Just wondering if I hit it on off days. :confused:[/QUOTE]

The ketchup wasn't on the table and someone did ask for some, but I don't remember exactly what they did.