PDA

View Full Version : I would never!!

DisneyDudet
05-27-2008, 06:35 PM
What would you never do at Disney?

Of course, if we all had our way, we would never leave.

What I want to know is, have you seen people do things at Disney that were just so crazy, that you vowed you would never do? Have you done something yourself that you would never do again?

For me, it would be not going to Epcot in the evening on a Saturday during the F&WF. Did that for the Icot meet, and it was INSANE!

I also don't think I would ever stay at the resort or elsewhere during a rainstorm. The parks are so uncrowded that we can ge so much done in such a short time!

I know those aren't funny, which I why I'm turning to you yall!

So finish this statement:

At Disney, I would never...

RockinRollerMom
05-27-2008, 06:50 PM
stay offsite again.

kadesha
05-27-2008, 07:07 PM
I would never go to the resort in the rain either, or stay offsite! lol!

I'd also never NOT get the dining plan.

I'd never NOT make ADR's!

I'd never make a strict itenary for the day, because I can never stick to it!

I'll never again wait in line in Toontown to meet the princesses!!

Gottaluvgoof
05-27-2008, 07:11 PM
I would never go again in June. The last time I went in June was during Star Wars Weekends and although it was wonderful for my DS, it was sooooooooo crowded. It was difficult to get a drink because the lines were so long. I vowed after that trip, I would NEVER go again in peak season. I take the kids out of school and go in September. That way, I get my moneys worth.

biodtl
05-27-2008, 07:14 PM
I'd never (again) go with friends who aren't as Disney-fied as we are.

I'd never stay offsite.

I'd never stay less than a week.

Young@Heart
05-27-2008, 07:16 PM
I would never........

choose the resort DH and I prefer over DC's choice.

buy fewer refillable mugs than # of people in our party.

skip one of our favorite attractions b/c a line is too long.

be too embarassed to get excited when I see a character.

cal5755
05-27-2008, 07:17 PM
:mickey: I would NEVER have a bad time in Disney
:mickey:

mickey&missy
05-27-2008, 07:17 PM
I would never stay off-site

I would never not make adr's

I would never not ride dumbo

I would never not see Wishes

I will never go on TOT

Kidsmom
05-27-2008, 07:28 PM
I would never....try to coax my child on a ride they were scared of.

I would never...scream at my crying, tired child

(We saw a lot of BAD parents last trip!)

brianlw71
05-27-2008, 08:58 PM
I will never go without renting a car.

chrisb26
05-27-2008, 09:26 PM
I would never go during Spring Break again

I would never go and not visit all the parks

I would never Not watch Illuminations or Fantasmic

garthbarth1
05-27-2008, 09:46 PM
I would never...
Stay Offsite
Not get a Tollhouse Cookie Sandwich
Miss HM or SE
Go during Spring Break

JPL
05-27-2008, 09:56 PM
not stay on-site

not go to AK

elmjimmlm
05-27-2008, 10:05 PM
I will never eat at San Angel Inn...:ack:

Dakota Rose
05-27-2008, 10:48 PM
...wear a Warner Bros or Universal Studios t-shirt. :down:

...wear those $2 flip-flops you can buy at Old Navy, Target, etc. :doh:

...take the umbrella stroller. It's either my Graco "limo" or nothing.:humph:

...think about how much weight I'm gaining. :scale:

Marilyn Michetti
05-27-2008, 11:01 PM
I would NEVER go see the bats at AK. Sorry, but they make me "freak".

Never go to Epcot without getting a school break from Norway.

Never chain myself to a schedule of ADR's.

Never stay anywhere other than SOG.

NEVER, EVER throw trash on the ground, or stick gum under a seat. That's :mad:

Friend of Figment
05-27-2008, 11:11 PM
...put deodorant on in public. (Really last August I saw so many people walking along refreshing their underarms. One group was even passing it person to person.)

DisneyDudet
05-27-2008, 11:21 PM
...put deodorant on in public. (Really last August I saw so many people walking along refreshing their underarms. One group was even passing it person to person.)

Hey, at least they're wearing deodorant!

Mousemates
05-27-2008, 11:33 PM
Hey, at least they're wearing deodorant!

Dittos to that...in fact I would very much prefer to be around someone who was refreshing their deoderant than someone who's early morning dosage had long since worn off. (we've all probably stood in line beside more than a few of those --and likely been a culprit ourselves on more than one occasion in the heat of the Orlando sun.

pigletpie
05-27-2008, 11:38 PM
stay offsite if there are rooms available on property:piglet:

go more than 2 months without a visit

not have at least one ADR :chipdale:

not bring a change of clothes for a one day visit in the summer

go without the waterpark pass anymore :mickey:

go without DVC (as soon as we can afford it :spend:)

forget all those great rides/attractions that are no more - 20000 Leagues, the original Tiki Room, Mr Toad, Sky Ride, Horizons, Kitchen Caboret, World of Motion

epceddie
05-28-2008, 12:48 AM
ride the Speedway cars at MK

wait in line for more than 30 minutes

make fun of my wife for being scared to go on Splash Mountain and Tower of Terror

make a trip without going to Chef Mickey's

take a table in the back wine room at the California Grill

visit the California Grill again, for that matter

stay offsite, because we're going to be DVC members soon

rely on Disney buses to get around

stop reading the discussion boards on Intercot.

epceddie

Wells
05-28-2008, 06:39 AM
I would never forget to throw a few coins into the fountain at the entrance to the Polynesian as a way to show thanks for being there, and a wish for a timely return…

Kairi_7378
05-28-2008, 07:10 AM
Stay offsite.
Growl at my child while we were on Soarin' or yell at another guest about her seat belt (had this happen in October.)
Eat at the Noodle Station.
Not make an ADR for CA Grill, even if the Wishes ADR's are long gone.
Run from the park when it is pouring.

About the deodorant people... on my first grown up trip, I packed a small park kit that included baby wipes, hand sanitizer, and deodorant. DH complained, "Why are you bringing all of that junk? I hope that you are planning to carry it!" Well, within two hours he had gotten hot and sweaty and eaten at Flame Tree. He never yells at me for bringing "too much" to the parks!

dsnyfan001
05-28-2008, 07:38 AM
I would never step a foot back on Misson Space :ack: i miss Horizons!

I would never go back during peak season:(

I would never take a picture with Pinnocchio hes a punk lol he wouldnt take a pic with me last time...:mad:

Tinkerfreak
05-28-2008, 08:28 AM
I would never:

-wear high heels in the park (why do women do this?:confused:)

-I also would never eat at Cali Grill again (also got stuck out back in the wine room with a snooty waiter with poor service)

-stay off-site unless I had to

-yell at my child in the park ( I will save that for home:blush: just joking)

-not make an adr for LeCellier and Boma

Ian
05-28-2008, 08:45 AM
Good question ... I like this topic!

I can definitively say I would never go back to doing the parks "commando style." We go often enough and have been enough times, that we can afford to just relax and take it easy. No more racing from park to park, starting at the crack of dawn, and finishing when the last park closes for the night for us!

I can also say we'd never go back during the summer months. I went once in June and that was it for me. We'll take the kids out of school and go at the slower times, thank you very much.

We'll also never wait in a line for more than 30 minutes. Again, we go often enough and have been enough times that missing an attraction on a trip just isn't the end of the world. We'll be back.

And last but not least, I'd never try and sneak up to a parade or show at the last minute and steal a good spot from people who have been waiting for an hour. If I had a nickel for every time someone tried to pull this on us, we'd be living in a suite at the Grand Floridian! :mad:

AXOAlum
05-28-2008, 08:57 AM
-- I would never forget to say "thank you" to the bus driver, especially when its late at night and she/he is making the last trip with cranky parents & kids (this does NOT apply to the one crazy bus driver we had in Sept 06 who thought that driving like a bat out of you-know-where was appropriate - he hit a curb and popped a tire. We were stuck waiting on the side of the road for another bus!)

-- I would never not laugh hysterically and genuinely on Dumbo as DS takes us all the way up in the air before yanking down on the handle to make us feel like we are free falling!

-- I would never let DS yelling "NO" keep me from taking him on a ride (my son fears NOTHING but he loves to yell NO just as we are getting on a ride - be it Peter Pan or BTMRR). Many times I am sharply judged and criticized by other parents standing around who don't understand his little game.

-- In that vein... I try to not judge other parents - I don't know their situation and they may have a master manipulator like me! (Especially if they are hot, tired, and cranky as well - its not just the kids who get this way)

-- As for the deoderant... I would never be upset that someone is refreshing themselves in public - I have been beside "that person" too many times and I sometimes secretly wish I could pull out my spray on deoderant and "accidentally" cover them in it!

-- I would never take for granted the special feeling that I get walking into the MK & DH would never laugh at me for crying each and every time :mickey:

thrillme
05-28-2008, 12:51 PM
My biggest NEVER would have to be if I went with a group of family or friends I would NEVER "be joined at the hip" or feel OBLIGATED to stick around people who had different interests/tastes in rides than my DS, DH and I. I wanna ride Splash Mtn, Space Mtn, Tower of Terror:fit: (I had one family join us one time and the kids didn't like anything with any kind of drop...very frustrating...another time we were joined by a family that preferred to just hang out at the hotel...we all had a much better time when we ditched each other)

I will never go in the summer without my little bottle of cornstarch.

I will never NOT get a dole float.

And oh my if I could afford to hand out little samples of Deodorant to MANY stinky people I would. I'd much rather catch them "refreshing themselves" than being stuck behind someone rather "odorous" for an hour in line :ack::sick:

Ian
05-28-2008, 02:14 PM
-- In that vein... I try to not judge other parents - I don't know their situation and they may have a master manipulator like me! (Especially if they are hot, tired, and cranky as well - its not just the kids who get this way)Awesome advice ... I've seen so many people lambasting parents who "force" their kids on rides that they might be scared of and I can't believe how judgemental some folks are (oddly enough, it seems like they're always the ones preaching "tolerance" in other places, but I digress ... )

I make DD6 try every ride at least once (within reason). Little kids are scared of everything the first time around. How will they ever grow and evolve as people if we never push them outside of their comfort zones?

Heck, I was terrified the first time I went on Space Mountain, but my Dad made me ride it and guess what? I survived. And now I love thrill rides. If no one had ever made me get over my fears, how would I have known how much I love roller coasters??

JasonH
05-28-2008, 02:54 PM
First I'd like to welcome pigletpie to Intercot!!

:wave::welcome::wave:

And for my "I would never..."

...stay offsite.
...judge a person by their race b/c another one of same race was inconsiderate of others and think they own the park(have had some that are like that).
...be afraid to try something new whether it be an attraction or food.
...not greet or thank or say something kind to our bus driver or ANY CM for that matter(if they look like they are having a bad day or look frustrated and they're waiting on you, say a kind word to them, it may go a long way)
...think twice about buying something I'm debating on getting b/c I may not get another chance to buy it(missed out on buying a gigantic dragon's head mask back when Main Street, USA still had the magic shop next to the Penny Arcade and regret it since the day they closed it).
...not take a picture of something that may not happen again or may not be there next time I visit(boy do I wish I could have taken more pics of old attractions and scenery when I was younger, didn't get into that mode of taking pics of anything and everything until Mr. Toad's Wild Ride was getting ready to go bye-bye).

pcoleman
05-28-2008, 03:01 PM
I would never not go to Disney no matter what the circumstances.

indytraveler
05-28-2008, 04:29 PM
wear flip flops

not have at least one ADR for lunch or dinner per day.

Marceline
05-28-2008, 05:05 PM
I would never stay off property.

I would never eat off property.

I would never go off property.

I will NEVER ride Mission Space, in honor of Horizons.......*sniff*

beksy
05-29-2008, 01:39 AM
...stay off property again (addicted to EMHs!)
...wear high heels inside (or outside of the parks for that matter! I have terrible balance. :ambal:) or other uncomy shoes
...not make ADRs
...forget to thank the wonderful CMs and drivers, especially those who go out of their way to make my trips so special.
...not be constantly planning a trip :geek:
...go in the summer again!
...not eat in the parks
...not buy something I really want when I see it

AND, most importantly, I would never be afraid to act like the big kid I am at heart when I'm there (hugging characters, character meals, singing and dancing through the parks, etc.)

Narawen
05-29-2008, 02:15 AM
I'd never

Not make ADRs
Stay Off site
Not have a Park Hopper pass
Go during July or August again
Wear uncomfy shoes

cardshopgirl
05-29-2008, 12:37 PM
I will never again over book myself with so many things that I am exhausted to tears the entire trip. (did that in December)

I will never NOT eat at Beaches and Cream

I will never NOT have afternoon tea at the Garden View Lounge

I will never be mad at my daughter at the end of the day when she is in tears from being tired

bruin1344
05-29-2008, 01:03 PM
never:
wear sandals in the park
not wear sunblock
strict plans
go to disney quest
go on ellen's universe of energy

Momof2boys
05-29-2008, 01:28 PM
I would never :

-- not bring my camera
-- not cry when leaving the parks on our last day -- it's just SO emotional for me
-- eat at Mama Melrose again - our worst Disney dining experience
-- not buy souvenirs - especially our annual ornament

FenwayGirl
05-29-2008, 01:39 PM
-rush from attraction to attraction
-NOT take time to sit on Main St or Holly wood Blvd and "people watch"
-buy the Dining Plan
-stay less than a week

Wolf
05-29-2008, 02:44 PM
I will never:
Stay offsite
Make ADRs everyday (again)
over-plan to where I feel like we have a battle plan for everyday (again):(
Not use EMHs and FastPasses!!!

And lastly...*drumroll*

I will never be ashamed to wear my crocs in WDW!!!!:gator:

joonyer
05-29-2008, 04:18 PM
I would never:

1) waste time waiting in line to ride the tomorrowland speedway. Neither will my children, even they think it is the lamest attraction at WDW.

2) think of visiting the MK without riding Splash Mountain several times.

3) leave MK at night before Wishes

4) leave MK without enjoying a Casey's hot dog.

Goes4FastPass
05-29-2008, 04:30 PM
I would never........

choose the resort DH and I prefer over DC's choice..

What's a DC? The non-state where the President lives?

wdwgrl377
05-29-2008, 07:44 PM
Buy the dining plan - like someone else mentioned. I personally, can't and couldn't eat all they offered. Due to health reason.

Wait in line more than 35+ minutes. I agree with Ian, I go quite often and I can miss riding or seeing an attraction b/c I'll be back!

Jasminegirlsmom
05-29-2008, 08:02 PM
I'll never

stay offsite
go during spring break or in the summer
do the parks commando style
try to stay on my diet while at the parks

Dsnygirl
05-29-2008, 08:33 PM
I would never yell at my children to try to get them on a ride, or talk to a character. I've seen so many parents/caregivers get really upset b/c their child is too scared to go on a ride, or go up to a character... like it somehow ruins the trip for them b/c their child is frightened!

(sorry, not a "funny", but something that really bothers me when I'm there that I always swear I'll never do...)

Other than that, I'd never stay offsite again... and I'll never skip staying at MK when it's open 'til midnight! That is too fun!! :D

jillluvsdisney
05-30-2008, 08:35 AM
I would never

not get a rental car for the duration of my stay
not wear comfy shoes...comfort over style wins
not make ADRS
eat breakfast at the Crystal Palace..worst service ever
not see Impressions de France at least 3 times during my trip:cloud9:
miss the chance to see SpectroMagic

epceddie
05-31-2008, 11:29 AM
I believe a DC is a Disney child.

pink
05-31-2008, 02:52 PM
I will never...

Go in the summer or anytime school is out.:mickey:

Texas Tinkerbell Too
06-01-2008, 09:22 AM
My NEVER is a combination of nevers....I would never skip going to the parks on my last day and I would never miss "The picture."

We went with a big group of family when my youngest DS was 1 years old. We were so crazy trying to keep up with each other that I never took "The Picture" of him in front of the castle.

I realized this on our last day, right before we were getting ready to go home. We did not have a park ticket for that day.I cried and cried, like a little baby. So, I told my DH we were just going to have to go back and get the castle picture. It was a year later, but I got it.

My biggest NEVER would have to be if I went with a group of family or friends I would NEVER "be joined at the hip" or feel OBLIGATED to stick around people who had different interests/tastes in rides.

:ditto: This is my 2nd biggest "Never". The last 2 trips we have gone with other families. Yes, if you want to remain friends when you return home, its best to just do your own thing and meet up for ADR's every once in a while.