PDA

View Full Version : Flu Going Around Disney World???

jennsky
05-27-2008, 04:22 PM
Anyone else had the flu recently at Disney World??

We drove down recently from Canada, leaving home on May 3rd and arriving at the Polynesian on May 5th. On May 7th, we transferred to Pop Century and that was the day I came down with a hideous flu. Granted, maybe I caught the bug before I left home, but when I finally felt well enough to leave my hotel room and go out to the parks, it was amazing overhearing a number of different conversations about "so-and-so was sick last night", etc. etc.

Anyways, I'm just wondering if other people were sick at Disney recently and think they caught their bug there. I was hoping to catch the "Spirit of Disney" bug, but I think I missed out on that this vacation...

:ack:

RocknBev
05-27-2008, 04:29 PM
I am so sorry you were sick. :( Unfortunately, it only takes one person to pass the bug I guess. I have gotten the flu at Disney before which is why I rarely touch the rails in the que and carry antibacterial wipes with me at all times! I hope that you got better in time to enjoy Disney!

baby minnie's mommy
05-27-2008, 06:51 PM
It's not just at DisneyWorld! DD and I had a stomach bug over the weekend, and DH had a cold the week before. Actually, for DD and I it started as a sore throat then turned into a stomach bug then into a cold. :sick:

Illnesses like these seem to quickly travel into FL. We'll hear about people having it up north, and it'll be down here as well. Guess it's the tourist factor.

Flower
05-27-2008, 07:38 PM
It was here in Canada too (Not the EPCOT Canada either!), both of my boys were vomiting a couple of weeks ago.

Tinkerfreak
05-28-2008, 08:44 AM
For a few years it seemed like one or more of us got sick on every trip. Then a cm at the AKL told me she used to catch everything until she started taking Airborn. The next year we all started taking it a few days before we left and kept it up every morning of our trip and since we have been doing this we have not gotten sick in the past 3 years. I also started bringing my own disifectant wipes and wiping down the tv remotes, phones and bathrooms in the resort. I know you can't get rid of all the germs but we also find that washing our hands before we eat anything also helps.

joonyer
05-28-2008, 04:16 PM
1) every year, millions of people come to Disney World and other theme parks in Orlando.
2) many of them are carrying viruses from illnesses they have before they leave home.
3) these people touch handrails and other objects all over the parks
4) most other guests touch these handrails doorknobs etc., and then touch their nose or mouth before washing their hands.
5) even so, most of these people do not get sick, unless thier immune system is weak.
6) to dramatically reduce the chance of getting getting sick, wash your hands before eating or touching your eyes, nose or mouth. this will prevent most common viral infections. Most of them are not airborne. Taking or using antibiotics will not prevent you from getting viral infections like the flu.
7) Think "soap and water on the hands"