PDA

View Full Version : Pool Hopping Question

hlkeck
05-27-2008, 01:04 PM
I read another thread where it was suggested that pool hopping was a big 'ole no-no! Does that include DVC members? Should we NOT pool-hop? HOnestly, it was one of the considerations (not a big one, mind you) in us joining DVC was the opportunity to check out a few other pools (BWV, for one) to see if we liked the place?

Anyway, I have it scheduled into our Sept trip, but if it's highly frowned on, let me know! I don't want to make people mad! ;)

lockedoutlogic
05-27-2008, 01:09 PM
you are allowed to hop....but it isn't as open as it once was....

you basically can't hop during peak times....which is about half the calender year now.....and you are never permitted to go to Beach Club or Animal Kingdom Lodge....

I would imagine Contemporary will be on the nix list as well....and people will use it to attempt to park there to get into the Magic Kingdom....

Maleficent's Dad
05-27-2008, 01:25 PM
Anyway, I have it scheduled into our Sept trip, but if it's highly frowned on, let me know! I don't want to make people mad! ;)
In September you should be fine. As logic stated above, peak times are a no-no (think of holidays - Christmas, Easter, July 4th). There should be no problem with you using the BW's pool in September, however.

They do announce the "blackout dates" for pool hopping in Disneyphiles - the periodical you get 4 times annually in the mail.

wendy*darling
05-27-2008, 06:32 PM
Pool hopping for DVC Members is a "Perk." :thumbsup:
Your key card will state you are DVC, and that will allow you to visit other pools.

Pool hopping otherwise is a definite no-no. :nono:

Just watch your Disney-Files magazine and the DVC website for black-out dates for pool hopping. And it you want to swim at the Animal Kingdom Lodge or Beach Club- you have to book your stay there.

Seasonscraps
05-27-2008, 08:42 PM
Off topic, but related, can DVC members pool hop to non-dvc resorts?

thanks.

wendy*darling
05-27-2008, 09:40 PM
Off topic, but related, can DVC members pool hop to non-dvc resorts?
Yes- Members can pool hop to any pool except Beach Club and AKL.

Seasonscraps
05-27-2008, 10:00 PM
Thanks! :)

epceddie
05-29-2008, 01:30 AM
Can DVC members pool hop to the Grand Floridian and Polynesian?

dlpmikki
05-29-2008, 03:16 AM
Can DVC members pool hop to the Grand Floridian and Polynesian?

Yes

epceddie
05-29-2008, 02:05 PM
Thanks dlpmikki

Sarahbug
06-18-2008, 05:56 AM
Can someone tell me why we can't go to those certain pools? Is that written somewhere? Thanks!

Maleficent's Dad
06-18-2008, 09:27 AM
Can someone tell me why we can't go to those certain pools? Is that written somewhere? Thanks!
Which pools are you referring to? SAB at the BC? The AKL?

If that's the case, it has to do with the size of the pools, being able to handle the additional crowds.

SAB is a far superior place to spend an afternoon, so people would flock there, making it insanely crowded. It's a very nice facility and families would "make an afternoon" of it there - much moreso than at most other resorts.

At the AKL, people would also make a day of it as they could spend the day watching the animals and enjoying the pool.

Apparently, neither resort's pool could handle such a large influx of people; thus they are reserved for the guests of that resort only.

wendy*darling
06-19-2008, 10:39 PM
Yes- it is written. In every Disney Files magazine and in the Member Perks both online and when you check into your resort.

At the Beach Club's pool (Stormalong Bay) you have to present your room key to get a wristband to even get into the pool area (it is fenced off and guarded). So if you are not staying there, you cannot go in.

McGoofy
06-19-2008, 10:59 PM
After we read our welcome pack and saw that pool hopping was allowed, we pool hopped for our first time as brand new DVC members a few weeks ago. We drove over to the Poly. At the security gate, we showed our room key card that said "DVC" on it, and the security guard told us to have a good time. It was no problem at all.:mickey:

Tinkermom
06-20-2008, 05:10 PM
After we read our welcome pack and saw that pool hopping was allowed, we pool hopped for our first time as brand new DVC members a few weeks ago. We drove over to the Poly. At the security gate, we showed our room key card that said "DVC" on it, and the security guard told us to have a good time. It was no problem at all.:mickey:

The Poly is our favorite place to pool-hop! We usually spend the morning at MK and pack bathing suits in our backpack and then hop the monorail and spend the afternoon at the Poly. The kids love the Poly pool and slide as well as the beach. DH and I love sipping on a tropical drink while watching the boats and monorails. :cloud9:

What-r-ya, Goofy?
06-23-2008, 05:06 PM
The Poly is our favorite place to pool-hop! We usually spend the morning at MK and pack bathing suits in our backpack and then hop the monorail and spend the afternoon at the Poly. The kids love the Poly pool and slide as well as the beach. DH and I love sipping on a tropical drink while watching the boats and monorails. :cloud9:

Is there a bath house to change in?

McGoofy
06-23-2008, 05:28 PM
Is there a bath house to change in?

Yes, there is a very nice restroom/changing area that includes showers as well. This is located directly underneath the volcano.:mickey: