PDA

View Full Version : Tusker House Dining

Hull-onian
05-27-2008, 12:01 PM
We were not too sure if we should make ressies at Tusker House since it is now a buffet. We ended up eating at the Flametree BBQ, which, was pretty good. Any reviews on the Tusker House Buffet?

Lynn J Mc
05-28-2008, 09:45 AM
I'm thinking about eating here also and would love to get opinions prior to booking it.

DawsonAR
05-28-2008, 04:39 PM
We have been there twice. The first time in January and we hated it. I think it was our mood at the time. We had just encountered a rude CM. We tried it again in April and we loved it. The food was really good.

Toodle
05-28-2008, 07:05 PM
We just ate there last week. We really liked it. There were quite a few salads with couscous and rice, several vegetable dishes, a couple of kinds of potatoes including red skin mashed and carved beef and pork. There was a great selection of breads including some special kind of corn bread. There was a small dessert buffet with some kind of mango dessert, macaroons, brownies, chocolate cake, cherry cobbler, cookies, and a few other items. Our server was excellent. We will definitely eat there again.
It was not crowded when we were there - we did have reservations but I don't think they were necessary.

Joanna
05-30-2008, 04:23 PM
We love the new Tusker House. We eat a very light breakfast and make reservations for 11:35 lunch-we've eaten 3 times so far. There is a huge variety and everything is fresh and delicious. My favorites are the vegetable samosas, the coucous salad, the chutneys on the flatbread crackers, the rotisserie chicken, seafood stew, salmon--it's all good. I highly recommend it.

bc002k
05-31-2008, 10:04 AM
Meh, you could do better. Though as far as Animal Kingdom dining goes, it's probably one of the better options (I'm not sure how Y&Y is).

But we made the mistake of going to Tusker House after we had gone to Boma a few days prior. They're similar in that they're both African-themed buffets, but Boma is in a totally different league.

It's certainly better than having to scarf down a cheeseburger at Restaurantosaurus though.