PDA

View Full Version : AP voucher question

disneydoug
05-27-2008, 10:34 AM
This question is sadly new to me.

I have been a passholder for 11 years.

I always renewed the pass.

The chemical plant where I worked for 16 years closed for good and everyone lost their job.

I got another job. It will take a while for the pay to catch up to the old job.

I have been able to buy 2 APs--I need 4---and of course not at the renewal price.

I hold 2 vouchers, bought on different dates.

My understanding is that the date doesn't start until the first day we present thevouchers at a park.

Someone else told us that the policy changed and that the AP start date is really the day I paid for the voucher. That would be heartbreaking, if true.

Sorry bout the big story. Can anhow this works?

Thanks, Doug

disneydoug
05-27-2008, 10:42 AM
Sorry about the last line.

My 3 year old woke up and I was typing quickly.

ANHOW--what kind of word is that, haha

I think I meant, Can anyone help?

Thanks, Doug

DizneyRox
05-27-2008, 12:49 PM
I have not heard this, and I hope it's not true... It wouldn't surprise me, I can see a lot of people taking advantage of the cost savings. I buy tickets whenever I have the cash, I figure I will use them eventually, maybe in a year, maybe in two, or 4...

It would be yet another step in Disney trying to alienate their guests.

BluewaterBrad
05-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Our APs are good one year from the date we First used them. I have paid for vouchers but didnt redeem them until a few weeks after they arrived. They still expired that origianal date.:mickey:

goingbacktodisney
05-27-2008, 05:56 PM
Unless something has changed in the last few weeks...The vouchers are excahnged for annual passes, and the passes expire 1 year from the date that you exchange the vouchers on. Therefore, if you purchase the vouchers on May 1, 2008 and don't redeem until Sept 1, 2008, then the annual pass is from 8-1-08 to 8-1-09. Again, this is true unless something has canged VERY recently! Hope that helps your situation!:mickey:

disneydoug
05-29-2008, 09:50 AM
Thanks so much!!!!!!!!!!!

KylesMom
05-29-2008, 10:52 AM
Nothing has changed . . . I just called the A/P line to confirm that passes expire one year from the time vouchers have been exchanged. No worries! :mickey:

disneydoug
05-29-2008, 03:32 PM
Thank you thank you thank you