PDA

View Full Version : Favorite thing about Christmas at Disney?

RockinRollerMom
05-27-2008, 08:54 AM
As my 180 day mark gets closer I am getting more and more excited ofr my next Disney trip in Decmeber.:santa3:

For those who have travel to Disney during the Christmas season what is your favorite thing to do? Is is MVMCP, Osborne lights, visiting the resorts, Canlelight Processional? I am just trying to figure out some things that I want to see/do that I may have missed during my last December Disney trip.

For us the Osborne Lights is our #1 favorite thing to do at Disny during the holidays. It is so beautiful and just takes our breath away. I love getting a hot chocolate and watching the lights and the snow fall.

What is your #1 favorite?

Bethis26fan
05-27-2008, 10:06 AM
Osborne lights for me as well. I love them.:tree::santa:

elmjimmlm
05-27-2008, 10:42 AM
We will be there too and I cant wait to see and do it all...I am most excited about the Osborne lights and the Candlelight Processional...I hope that they have the lights on the castle like last year...:santa3::tree::deer:

IloveDisney71
05-27-2008, 04:32 PM
I love everything about Disney at Christmas. I enjoy visiting the resorts, seeing the Osborne lights, etc. but my favorite thing to do is walk down Main Street and see all of the Christmas decorations at night. Nothing gets me more in the holiday spirit than that. :tree:

Marilyn Michetti
05-28-2008, 01:45 PM
I know you've all heard me answer this one before. DH and I go each Dec., just to be kids again - enjoy the lights, sounds, smells, etc., without one of the grown kids rolling their eyes. (They think we should "do" a cruise, and not be so childish).

Sorry, but we feel like we're going back to our hometown. DW is comfortable and familiar, and we look forward to our visits.

To answer the OP, my favorite part is the CP, when the conductor turns around and invites the audience to join in "Silent Night". It snows and it's magical.:tree:

DisneyorBust
05-29-2008, 07:47 AM
We love being in WDW during the Christmas festivities.
We especially like:

The Osborne Lights
CandleLight Processional
Christmas WISHES!
Christmas parade

Just being there is the most magical part.

Tinksalot
05-29-2008, 08:15 AM
Osborne lights, decorations and the Christmas Parade! :snowman::santa::candy::ornament::grinch::stock::g ift:

Fryguy
05-29-2008, 08:24 AM
The Osborne lights are the best! The kids love to watch them dance to the music - and it is just amazing to think what it takes to do that.

Another thing that we love to do is visit each of the resorts (at a min the ones on the monorail) and see all the Christmas decorations and Gingerbread houses. They are amazing.

goingbacktodisney
05-29-2008, 08:48 AM
My favorite are the storytellers at each country in Epcot that tell the stories of Christmas traditions from their country. Norway is probably the one I like the very best.

cal5755
05-29-2008, 10:08 AM
:ornament: Decorations

:snowman: Snow on Main Street USA

:santa: MVMCP

:sleigh: Christmas Parade

kakn7294
05-29-2008, 10:31 AM
The Osborne Lights and the Candlelight Processional were our favorites. We enjoyed the Norwegian Storytellers as well but they were the only ones we got to see. I'm sure I would love the Castle lighting ceremony. Maybe someday I'll get back at that time of year.