PDA

View Full Version : Ok so Im a Princess..

KineGirl
05-26-2008, 11:33 PM
My dilemma of which value to stay at has been put to rest!! My wonderful Mom and Dad called me today and asked me why I was looking to pay out of pocket when they still have points?! (We're both DVC members) Well.. I hate to impose. :blush: Did I mention Im an only child and a little bit spoiled? :blush: The funny thing is is that I had given them the remainder of our points this year to go to HH for a few days as a gift and so when we made this late decision to take DD to the World for her bday in Oct we were pointless! I had asked here for opinions which value we should stay at (and thank you all for your responses!) and had decided on Pop. I was worried at first after only staying at DVC deluxes but once I looked around and read some post I was looking forward to it - the arcade, the food court, the singing & dancing CMs, the HUGE pools,daily mousekeeping.. It was like I was going to see a new side of Disney! Im not sure where we will be staying now- whether its a mod or deluxe - all I know is that it will be a studio and my Mom is taking care of the ressies. AND as an extra bonus she is buying our MNSSHP tix!! Yayyy!!! So now we have our family trip at AKL V in July AND a girls only bday trip in Oct!! It really IS A Year of a Million Dreams :cloud9: (or at least 2)

Gastonsgirl
05-26-2008, 11:38 PM
Haha don't worry I'm spoiled too :D! I would reeccomend the Grand Flordian I went there two years ago for my Birthday and I had a blast! it really is the best Disney hotel!

KineGirl
05-26-2008, 11:51 PM
Haha don't worry I'm spoiled too :D! I would reeccomend the Grand Flordian I went there two years ago for my Birthday and I had a blast! it really is the best Disney hotel!

I bet! GF is sooo beautiful!! That would be awesome!!! Im thinking though it will probably be OKW or maybe CBR. At this point Im just happy for the gift, that where ever we end up will be cool!

McGoofy
05-27-2008, 12:40 AM
Well, another princess confession here! I too am an only child, but that has nothing to do with the fact that I have been spoiled to moderate and deluxe hotels! We'll be at OKW for 5 days this week, but then we are moving to Pop for 2 more days. It will be an interesting transition moving from deluxe to value in the same trip, but I don't care. It's 2 bonus days at Disney that I hadn't planned on. I would rather be at Disney in a value than going home!! But seriously, I love Pop. It's a great hotel, and it is my favorite value. But you know...if given a choice, I would much rather stay at a moderate or a deluxe!

That is so cool how the points all worked out for you. You are going to have a great family trip. The MNSSHP is a blast as well.

cal5755
05-27-2008, 12:49 AM
AWESOME!! I hope you have 2 MAGICAL trips :mickey:

mouseketeer mom
05-27-2008, 06:58 AM
So, no POP for you this time! Terrific! Isn't that great to have 2 trips to look forward to?? Enjoy your planning!

Magic Smiles
05-27-2008, 07:24 AM
Lucky Girl! Wish I was an only child, but I am not.:pout: To top it off my parents never had any interest in Disney and now my Mom can't figure out why we like it there. Just have to keep saving!

KineGirl
05-27-2008, 07:13 PM
Yep! I AM a lucky girl (so is my girl)!

Well its official! I just got an email from my Mom we are going Sept 30- Oct 4 with MNSSHP tix on Oct 2 my girls 18th bday! :party: She booked us into Congress Park at SSR :woohoo: and theyre taking their DGD and myself to Garden Grill for lunch for her bday because thats where her bdays at Disney began all those years ago! (14 years ago WOW.. time flies!) My parents have always been generous but it still surprises me sometimes. I love them :cloud9:

SSR is also her resort (shes a CM/concierge) so even when shes working we will get to see her!! Its not my first choice of resorts but seeing how its their points this time, I am not disappointed (or picky) plus I get to see my Mom that much more!!

Now I have a whole other trip to plan! Yayyyy!!!!