PDA

View Full Version : Rope Drop

GOLFDISNEY72
05-26-2008, 04:32 PM
I thought i remember reading about rope drop on the internet before or saw a video. We are going the first week of June and the parks open a 9 am. Can we get on the grounds and wait for the attractions to open? I always panic the last few days before we leave.

KineGirl
05-26-2008, 04:36 PM
Other than Tom Sawyers Island (I think) & the World Showcase at Epcot all the attractions are open as soon as the park is. If youre a Disney resort guest you can get in earlier than regular opening on morning EMH days and ride before the public get in. There are buses that will get you there prior to opening. Or if youre driving you may show up early and wait out front until the park opens.

DisneyDudet
05-26-2008, 06:15 PM
What usually happens is, they will open the parks to guests, and you can meander through the open areas (Future World Plaza in Epcot, Hollywood Blvd at DHS, Main Street in MK, the bridge area at AK). At this point, the areas are roped off, manned by one or more CMs. At the official opening (the usual cue is some music or a show), they will allow you to be let down to the attractions. Instead of a rope drop like years ago, they will Walk the rope to the attractions. You aren't allowed to run or pass the CMs. They will move out of the way once you reach the destination.

You can arrive at the park about 30 min before your arrive or earlier. Once the turnstiles open, you will be allowed in to the open area that leads to the "lands" in each park. You can go to the area you are wanting, and wait to walk the rope. We do this all the time for Soarin.

Have a great time!

medic9016
05-26-2008, 07:54 PM
Last Sept when we were there, the only way to get in the parks before opening is to have an ADR. The rope drops were done right at the front of each park.