PDA

View Full Version : Pixie dust for our cat

JMTStone
05-26-2008, 11:22 AM
Halloween is 14. We call her Weenie. We got her from Animal Friends when she was a runt. Ever since we got her "fixed" she's had lumps on her belly. Vet checked them when they first appeared (over 12 years ago) and they were banine (sp?).

Anyway, my DD6 brings her downstairs. She's been licking at a lump until its bled. She's eating fine, no weight loss and her attitude is the same. I've called the Vet emergency line and I'm sitting here trying not to think about it. We lost our Maine Coon boy just over 2 years ago and I still miss him.

Here we go again...
05-26-2008, 11:33 AM
Here is some :pixie: for Weenie.
Hopefully it is just scar tissue that is a little infected and will clear up with some antibiotics.
Keep us posted!!

droopy d.
05-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Heres some:pixie: and I hope everything goes alright.

kakn7294
05-26-2008, 04:51 PM
:pixie::pixie::pixie: for Weenie! After the concern you showed me last week, it's the least I can do. Keep us posted. Hopefully it's nothing more than a little irritation.

disneydeb
05-26-2008, 05:01 PM
:pixie:for Weenie's good health!

mrsgaribaldi
05-27-2008, 05:34 AM
:pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:and prayers on the way for Weenie. Please let us know what happens.

JMTStone
05-27-2008, 05:46 AM
We took her to the Emergency Vet yesterday. They gave me some antibiodic cream. As she's not acting ill and has no fever, they think its just a skin irritation. I'm waiting for our regular vet to open today at 9 to get her an appointment today. It just looks HORRIBLE.

Thank you all for the kind wishes. I'll update later!

daparish
05-27-2008, 06:57 AM
More :pixie::pixie: headed your way.

RenDuran
05-27-2008, 07:34 AM
I hope Weenie's appointment goes well today.

wdwgrl377
05-27-2008, 10:54 AM
:pixie: for Weenie!

Hull-onian
05-27-2008, 11:32 AM
Pixiedust for Weenie. Hope he does better real soon.

Our kittie Valentino has a thyroid problem. Wasn't eating. Got meds for thryroid and he is now gaining weight. He is much better now. Our vet got him back on track to good health.:thumbsup:

biodtl
05-27-2008, 02:01 PM
:pixie: for Weenie. I hope it goes well and she is fine.

JMTStone
05-27-2008, 02:57 PM
Halloween will have surgery on 6/11. Its an out-patient thing. 3 days before we leave for WDW. I am a bit torn on leaving her (with my sister who loves her and has no pets).

They'll send the removed masses out for testing to make sure its not cancer. Even if it isn't cancer, he wants to remove them because she has started licking and causing infection. Antibiodics should take care of that.

I trust my sister to take the best care of her. She's treated like a queen there. We even use the same vet so they know her just as good as they know me. I'm still feeling guilty.

OhToodles!
05-27-2008, 04:37 PM
I hope Weenie gets well soon and everything turns out ok.

kakn7294
05-27-2008, 04:58 PM
Best of luck with Weenie's surgery. I'm sure she'll be fine. My sister takes care of our animals too and although I know they're fine, I still always worry. It's hard not to.

Jeff G
05-27-2008, 09:50 PM
Well wishes for Weenie and your family with the upcoming surgery. Sending a little :pixie:for positive test results.

ChipnDaleGal
05-28-2008, 08:29 AM
I hope the Weenie's surgery goes well and the biopsy comes back all clear. I am sure that she will do great in the care of her "Auntie" while you are at WDW. Lots of kitty cat :pixie: heading Weenie's way.

KineGirl
05-28-2008, 08:40 AM
Aww poor Weenie and Weenies Mom! Heres some :pixie: for both of you. Also some well wishes :magic: that his lumps are benign

mrsgaribaldi
05-28-2008, 08:53 AM
I'm sure she will be well taken care of while you are gone. :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:for an uneventful surgery and good results:cat:

AHOTE
05-29-2008, 01:22 AM
Now I lay me down to sleep, :sleepin:
I pray this cushy life to keep.
I pray for toys that look like mice, :mouse:
And sofa cushions, soft and nice.
I pray for gourmet kitty snacks, :bar:
And someone nice to scratch my back,
For windowsills all warm and bright, :sun:
For shadows to explore at night.
I pray I'll always stay real cool :lurk:
And keep the secret feline rule :secret:
To NEVER tell a human that
The world is really ruled by CATS! :cat:
~ Author Unknown
Hope things work out for the best.
:wishes:
Sammy, Kitty & Deadeye, all strays with a new lease on life.

tinkerbellybutton
05-30-2008, 08:42 AM
Sending pixie dust for Weenie :pixie: in hopes the tests come back clear. I'm sure her aunt will take wonderful care of her.

JMTStone
06-13-2008, 08:09 AM
Surgery on Wednesday went well. The stitches are about 7 inches long. She's been a trooper. She is on pain meds until Sunday and Antibiodics for another two weeks. Giving pills to a cat is challenging.

She's been an angel, though. My DD15 was saying its like she knows we're making her better.

She seems improved already. We find out about the results either today or Monday (while we are at WDW). Crossing fingers!

kakn7294
06-13-2008, 08:51 AM
I'm glad to hear things went well! Hopefully the results will be benign and Weenie will be fine. I don't know how you are giving her the pills but Gypsy's pills are pretty small and he'll usually eat them if "hidden" in a tiny bite of his canned cat food (he knows they are in there so they're not really hidden). Sometimes I have to hold him by the nape of the neck and basically force feed him the pill - I stick it in the back of his mouth and hold his mouth shut until he swallows it. At least Weenie's pills are only for 2 weeks!