PDA

View Full Version : Need to blow off some relationship steam..

Dulcee
05-26-2008, 10:00 AM
I need to vent before I explode.

When my Bf and I first started dating he had just been getting over this girl he had been "with" but not legitmately dating. He ended up leaving me and getting back with her about 3 months after we had started dating. It took us about another 3 months but we worked things out and got back together. That was about two years ago now, he's out of college and never sees her, but any time I see she so much as writes on his facebook wall to say hello it makes me want to rip my hair out :ack:.

I don't care if its a harmless hello or happy birthday it still makes me sick to my stomach. I'm not the jealous girlfriend and I don't care if he's friends with girls its just her.

Grrrrrr :mad: Not to mention I hate saying something to him cause I feel like it paints me as the crazy girlfriend.

kaerbear178
05-26-2008, 12:43 PM
I have been there! I love facebook because I have reconnected with A LOT of people. However...it's ridiculous how it has started all of these relationship problems. My husband has an ex that I am sure would still get back together with him. She actually posted that she was going to be in Vegas and he should meet up with her! We had already been together for 4 years at that point! Have you told him it bothers you at all? Don't get mad about it, but tell him that it bothers you that he has to have her as a friend. 2 years is time to start giving up the ex's. To have a case though, you can't have any ex's as friends on your facebook!

TinkRocks
05-26-2008, 02:35 PM
Maybe it's the fact that your relationship with your boyfriend was intertwined with the relationship they had when you guys first started dating.

As mentioned in the post before mine - just have a chat with your boyfriend and share your thoughts with him. Ask him to view the situation through your eyes.

laughingplace<3
05-26-2008, 03:36 PM
You have total reason to be jealous, in my opinion. I hate being stuck in that position, and trust me I have. I'm not the jealous girlfriend type but when there are people who you KNOW have the intention of getting your boyfriends attention, that's not right and it's plain annoying. I'm sure your boyfriend will see your reason in this particular situation if you explain it, though.

KineGirl
05-26-2008, 03:46 PM
I could see where the insecurity on your part comes from and dont really blame you. Afterall he was obviously pining over her when you first got together and then he actually broke up with her to get back together with you and only ended up back with you after things didnt work out with her. I would do as PPs said and discuss this with him, civilly (I know too that this can be easier said than done when it comes to the affairs of the heart) how much it bothers you that he still communicates with her. You cant stop her however from doing whatever it is that she does. If he cant respect your feelings maybe you need to re-evaluate your relationship. Or if you feel he is truly over it and this girl is truly just saying hello - you need to just let it go and not equate it to what happened in the past (again I know this can be easier said than done) There are exes that I have remained friends with and have absolutely no desire to have them back or cause animosity in their relationship.

Good luck and keep your chin up girl! :hug:

Dulcee
05-26-2008, 08:20 PM
Thanks guys... I've mellowed out some since this morning. I guess when it comes down to it I really do think she's just saying hi and it is always her who intiates contact...

I'm just gonna keep taking a couple deep breaths and attempt to keep the jealous fit to myself until I get a couple of minutes of quiet to talk to him.

KineGirl
05-26-2008, 10:42 PM
Good its always easier to think clearly with a more mellow mind! It very well could be innocent and again, anyone can see why it would upset you initially.

calmer minds will prevail

another hug for you :hug: