PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Value and Why?

KineGirl
05-25-2008, 11:55 PM
Ok as some of you may have read Im taking my World kamikazi daughter for her 18th birthday back to Disney in the end of Sept/beginning of Oct for MNSSHP (on her Bday - how cool is that??) & F&W Fest. and am out of DVC points because me and my folks go here there and everywhere! Long story short - I think a Value is how we'll have to go. EEK! Can you please vote for your favorite value and tell me why you like it?

*OOPS on the Pop Centure :blush:

cal5755
05-26-2008, 12:37 AM
I like movies the best. I like the feel of being in the magic of some of the best Disney movies... especially fantasia!! We don't usually spend much time at the resort though as we like to be in the park.

Pop century is great too though... it is bigger and has the slush machine in the food court and it's own bus stop... honestly though we waited longer for Pop buses than we did for Movies even though we shared with Sports and Music.

pianobabe
05-26-2008, 01:02 AM
We were originally going to stay at AS Movies last year, but we had to change to Pop because my In-Laws weren't able to get in at Movies. We all LOVED Pop. The one resort bus is a strong point. Don't get me wrong, Movies is great. In our seven stays at Movies, we never had a problem at all. I love the nostalgia of Pop. I enjoyed getting to sit by the pool while I was waiting for laundry to dry and listening to the 50's music (I don't know if the music varies depending on which area you are in). I was in heaven.

Goofeygal
05-26-2008, 11:49 AM
I just got back from staying at the AS Music. I loved it. Every nite down at the pool they showed a different Disney movie. You could lay on a lounge chair or float in the pool to watch it. They also had games going on around the pool all late afternoon and evening. I just fell in love with the Music.

Crow
05-26-2008, 01:22 PM
POP
as you can see Ive stayed there the most.
more centrally located than Allstars. esp closer to Epcot.
slushi machine.

LudwigVonDrake
05-26-2008, 01:38 PM
Pop Century based on the bus service alone :bus:

DISFREAKS
05-26-2008, 02:51 PM
We've stayed at both Pop and Movies. We prefer pop because it is centrally located on the property which makes the bus rides a little shorter. Also you don't share bus service between 3 resorts

Disneypixie513
05-26-2008, 03:22 PM
Pop Centruy gets my vote..
Very clean and nice(though sometimes crowded) food court..

Mousemates
05-26-2008, 05:45 PM
pop...had a preferred location room last New years eve and watched a panorama of four sets of fireworks from the back balcony of our building...one of our most magical resort moments.

mainemajor
05-26-2008, 08:05 PM
POP is my favorite. The crowd seems more laid back compared with the All Stars. I felt much more relaxed when I have been there than when I have been at the All Stars. I also liked the food choices at POP better.
Walking around the grounds at POP was a lot of fun, reading about the different decades was fun.

JasonH
05-27-2008, 12:46 AM
I had to go with Pop b/c I'm such a nostalgia buff and seeing all the stuff from the 80's, the decade I grew up the most in, really took me back. Not to mention the view of some of the fireworks you can get from the top floor. You sometimes might have a longer wait in regards to bus lines, but I think it's worth it. Don't forget to get a slice of Tie-dyed Cheesecake. :thumbsup:

SurferStitch
05-27-2008, 06:23 AM
I have to be honest....we've only ever stayed at Pop, but we loved it there. There were a lot of families, but we also saw a lot of couples there, too.

Our room was very clean and bright, and mousekeeping did a wonderful job keeping our room in fantastic shape.

We had no problem with the food court being too busy in the morning, and were always able to get our food pretty quickly, and find a table pretty easily. Bus service was great, except for at park closings, but that's to be expected.

brownie
05-27-2008, 09:38 AM
We've only stayed at All-Star Movies. I like the theming and I the food court is bigger than at the other All-Stars from what I understand.

We were going to try Pop Century on our last trip, but we switched to Port Orleans Riverside. I would like to check it out, though.

Vinny
05-27-2008, 09:51 AM
As you can tell from my signature, POP is our favorite value resort. The rooms and grounds are always kept very clean and everything is a generally within a short walking distance from almost any room. The food court can be busy at times but I have seen that happen at almost every resort and or restaurant at WDW. Also, having only one bus loading area per park is a big advantage over All Stars. Our favorite section to stay at POP is the 70s, either behind the big wheel or Mickey telephone. We have had no problems with POP in all of the times we stayed there. Have a good trip!!

DANAM
05-27-2008, 09:54 AM
We like POP because you can be close to Classic Hall and not be in a prefered room. I think the whole layout of POP is better than the All Star. I will say we did stay in the very newly remodeled Music in September in a prefered room and I loved that location. But you pay more. For the money I chose POP!!!!

DDuck66
05-27-2008, 10:26 AM
We love the Pop. The bus service, the theming, the food court. IMHO it has it all. In fact we are staying there the first weekend in October for MNSSHP.

Hull-onian
05-27-2008, 11:08 AM
We have stayed at All Star Sports twice. I like it because, believe it or not, with all the kids that stay there, our room was very quiet. We stayed in the Surfs Up section. We were near the pool, laundry, food court, gift shop, conceirge, and straight out to the busses. It was extremely clean too. We liked the food court and service. When we got our food, we sat outside by the pool to eat and it worked out good. Bus transportation was excellent, however, we took taxis a lot because DGS has special needs. Have stayed at POP too, didn't care for it.

bruin1344
05-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Pop Century because its newer and closer to the parks

Dixie Springs
05-27-2008, 10:02 PM
Just back from All Star Music (Jazz). Very nice - looked refurbed from the last time we stayed. New headboard, armoire, carpet, table, TV - very nice. Calypso is a favorite, as is Surf's Up! @ Sports. They are both 'premium', however, as it takes less than a day to walk to the food court.

paragon
05-28-2008, 03:24 PM
We've stayed at Movies twice, and once at Music. We like Movies better, though it seems there is a very small difference between the three, mostly just the theme decor. the atmoshphere was great at both. This year though ( September ) we will be staying at POP.
We toured Pop while staying at Movies, and just loved the bright colors and theme. The pool area looked great too.
We really only use the resort for sleeping though, as we make the most of our time in the parks. Buses aren't an issue for us, we always rent a car. We used the bus system once, and it wasn't too bad but not something we want to do again. BTW, our bus use trip was the week of 911, and my son's first trip. We were actually on our way across Bay lake to MK and got turned around. The bus system was re-routed completely to get everyone back to thier resorts, and they did an unbeleivable job considering the situation!

Young@Heart
05-28-2008, 10:19 PM
We love POP!!!!
The food court and gift shop are the best, pools are really fun, kids love the Goofy pop jet fountain, the huge icons are fun and great for photo-ops.