PDA

View Full Version : Tournament of Attractions!: Epcot quarter-final: Soarin' VS Ellen's Energy Adventure

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
05-25-2008, 03:01 PM
Let possibly the most lop-sided poll begin! Good afternoon Intercotees and welcome back to the Tournament of Attractions! on the Theme Park Forum, thanks for joining us.

TO RECAP:

- Spaceship Earth rolled over Mission: Space in the first Epcot quarter-final
- Rockin' RollerCoaster drove circles around the Great Movie Ride in a DHS quarter-final
- The Haunted Mansion spooked Space Mountain in an MK quarter-final
- Expedition Everest dried up Kali River Rapids in an AK quarter-final

UP NEXT:

As you all know, this tournament was drawn completely randomly (this poll is proof!). Until we get to the semi-finals and the finals, we may continue to see lop-sided polls. However I don't think it'll get much more lop-sided than with this match, so lets get Soarin' VS Ellen's Energy Adventure over with as soon as possible!

WHAT TO DO:
Vote for whatever attraction you enjoy more!

The next poll (another DHS quarter-final) will be posted once this poll moves to page 2 of this forum.

Happy voting and have a Disney Day!

Chris :hatter:

JasonH
05-25-2008, 03:32 PM
Now I love what they have done with Universe of Energy changing it into Ellen's Energy Adventure. It's a much more enjoyable ride (although I do miss the old one..."Oil shale, the rock that burns"), but I gotta admit, once I tried out Soarin', between the two I love Soarin' more and it gets my vote. It's some of Disney's finest work at it's best combining big screen with motion seats and the smells too. :mickey::thumbsup:

Polynesian Dweller
05-25-2008, 03:45 PM
Could be another blowout coming in the quarters.:mickey:

GrmGrninGost
05-25-2008, 08:49 PM
Are you kidding me? Soarin' rules! :mickey:

KineGirl
05-25-2008, 08:53 PM
lop sided is right ...

SOARIN!!

bruin1344
05-25-2008, 09:19 PM
Soarin is an awesome ride, too bad the waits are the longest in disney

ellen's energy adventure is one of my least favorite rides in disney, way too long and boring

Crow
05-25-2008, 10:16 PM
yes it is lop sided. i had to vote for Ellen, even though i skipped it last time. hey at least it has Jaime Lee!

BritCody
05-26-2008, 07:05 AM
Soarin in a landslide for me

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-26-2008, 11:06 AM
I had to vote for Ellen. DD LOVES this ride, I don't know why, but it is one of her favourites.

Coach P
05-26-2008, 11:08 AM
I voted for Soarin but Ellen's is the best place to take a power nap! Its cool and dark.

IloveDisney71
05-26-2008, 11:38 AM
I voted for Soarin but Ellen's is the best place to take a power nap! Its cool and dark.

I was thinking exactly the same thing! Universe of Energy is a great place to rest your tired feet and cool off! :D

beksy
05-26-2008, 11:42 AM
I don't care much for Ellen's but I LOVED Soarin'! No contest for me! :thumbsup::mickey:

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-26-2008, 01:31 PM
My kids actually love Universe of Energy but comparing it to SOARIN' is totally unfair. Soarin' in a landslide.

Gottaluvgoof
05-26-2008, 02:41 PM
I thought maybe this was a joke. There is no contest here. Soarin is one of the BEST rides in all of Disney. Ellen? Not so much. I think I slept through this entire thing. I only remember the dinosaurs.

RAIDER
05-26-2008, 02:43 PM
Its no contest for me ..SOARIN by wins by miles :thumbsup:

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
05-26-2008, 05:37 PM
I thought maybe this was a joke.

I know..I know..there are some more crazy matches coming - wait til the semi's and even...the finals!

mainemajor
05-26-2008, 07:55 PM
I'm surprised it's as close as it is. - I would think it would think it would be closer to 95-5, maybe by the end it will be.

tjstrike
05-27-2008, 01:14 AM
Soarin for sure but ellen's ride was kind of interesting once.

Jeff G
05-27-2008, 10:27 AM
To sum up this poll, Soarin' was given a first round bye.

OhToodles!
05-27-2008, 10:37 AM
Now I love what they have done with Universe of Energy changing it into Ellen's Energy Adventure. It's a much more enjoyable ride (although I do miss the old one..."Oil shale, the rock that burns"), but I gotta admit, once I tried out Soarin', between the two I love Soarin' more and it gets my vote. It's some of Disney's finest work at it's best combining big screen with motion seats and the smells too.

:ditto:

c&d
05-27-2008, 10:49 AM
I had to vote for Ellen. We ride it every time we're down. Although I love Soarin, we don't ride it every time we visit.

Hull-onian
05-27-2008, 11:22 AM
I voted Soarin. It is exciting. Thrilling to be up in the air and Soarin over California. The music composed for the ride is wonderful. I think they could have made it a little bit longer. Other than that, it gets two :thumbsup::thumbsup:.

disney07
05-27-2008, 11:30 AM
Not to be rude but, 12 people actually voted for ellen over soarin?:mickey:

indytraveler
05-27-2008, 12:18 PM
This shouldn't be close.

avantgardeinker
05-27-2008, 12:24 PM
I really like Ellen's Energy Adventure (and I was surprised, because I really don't like Ellen), but I had to go with Soarin'. Right now, for me, nothing else in Future World compares.

:mickey:

Imagineer1981
05-27-2008, 12:35 PM
this isn't a fair comparison. Putting a 45 minute show/attraction against a 2 minute attraction doesn't seem like a good face off. Ellen gets hurt from the git go because you have to be willing to devote the time to ride it

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
05-27-2008, 01:21 PM
this isn't a fair comparison. Putting a 45 minute show/attraction against a 2 minute attraction doesn't seem like a good face off. Ellen gets hurt from the git go because you have to be willing to devote the time to ride it

All part of the total randomness of the Tournament of Attractions!!:mickey: