PDA

View Full Version : Crowds During September

Going2HeavenRU
05-25-2008, 07:46 AM
We are going to Disney September 13-20th when the free dining is going on. Does anyone know if this will increase the crowds during this usually slow time? We are hoping that, since the kids are back in school, the crowds will will low.

Seasonscraps
05-25-2008, 08:16 AM
I went to WDW during the same time for the past three Septembers. While the crowds increased a bit each year, I found that the parks were pretty empty but the restaurants completely booked.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
05-25-2008, 08:44 AM
We were there Sept 03 and again last September (And going again this September) Yes, restaurants are BOOKED for free dining. But we had an easy time in the parks... Obviously the weekends were busier than the week days... we used fast passes when we had to... but for the most part we walked rigth on most everything!

We will be there Sept 20-26 this year...

Have a GREAT trip!!!!:D

Speedy1998
05-25-2008, 08:54 AM
The reason that Disney started to offer free dining was because it was so slow in Sep. With free dining Disney is trying to fill beads in the resorts.

Remeber schools will have just started so most people are not willing to pull thier kids out of school to go on vacation.

2Princesses4Us
05-25-2008, 08:56 AM
we are also going this September (17-22) and missing two days of school. We didn't use Free Dining because I received a 30% coupons for accomodations and that worked about to be more of a savings than dining!

cal5755
05-25-2008, 11:39 AM
I went to WDW during the same time for the past three Septembers. While the crowds increased a bit each year, I found that the parks were pretty empty but the restaurants completely booked.

EXACTLY.... at every restaurant we dined at last September they turned away walk ups but the rides were more than manageable. Even if it say 45 minute wait it was more like 20-25 minutes.

alilprincessmom99
05-25-2008, 11:43 AM
We always go during the same time in September, and the crowds are really not that bad. The restaurants are packed though, that is the only downside, it is close to impossible to get an ADR.

HndrdPrcnt
05-25-2008, 12:05 PM
So long as you plan out your ADRs, you will have a great time going in September. We will be getting there on Sept 19th for a 9 night stay and we did a Sept trip in '06 and we had a great time with low crowds and short lines. However, if you did not have ADRs you were out of luck.

Maybe we should plan a Intercot mini-meet. Seems to be a lot of us there around the same time!

Mousemates
05-25-2008, 04:05 PM
A September trip is a great trip...don't worry about touring plans and the like...just go and do what you want, when you want....(except eat that is...the free dining makes the table service restaurants far more crowded than the rides.

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
05-25-2008, 04:22 PM
I was in WDW last September, the crowds were pretty light the entire week. We went from the 17-21, and there was small wait-times for all of the attractions. At times, my Mom and I were the only guests "checking in" to the ToT! But by the time we got to the loading dock, there were others who joined us too :mickey:

Would I go in September again? You bet. It's a great time to go, in my opinion.

Chris :hatter:

Going2HeavenRU
05-25-2008, 04:28 PM
Thanks for all of the great feedback! We booked all of our ADR's as soon as our 180 days hit. We are looking forward to the trip!

Crow
05-25-2008, 10:20 PM
Ive been there a few Septs
good time. except for some rain/hurricane possible.
parks werent too bad. just make ADRs

TheRustyScupper
05-26-2008, 12:08 AM
September is a typically a slower month, crowd-wise.
. . . hot and humid
. . . hurricane season
. . . kids are back to school
. . . many vacation periods are over

DisneyorBust
05-26-2008, 09:11 AM
I was just wondering what, if any, effect the skyrocketing fuel prices and airline surcharges will have on park attendance? Media reports have folks taking shorter trips or staying at home this year. Any opinions if these factors are decreasing park attendance?

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-26-2008, 01:41 PM
We were there that exact week last year and it was OK. The parks were busy but alot less than other times we have been. Most rides were like a 20-30 minute stand by except for soarin' of course. The TS meals were crowded because of free dining. Check in 10-15 minutes before your scheduled ADR and you should be OK. The weather was hot and humid but cooled off pretty nice in the evening. Plus, since it is considered toddler travel time (magical beginnings) in the evening the crowds thinned out quite a bit I guess for little ones to go to bed early. It was a good time to go in my opinion.