PDA

View Full Version : Mickey sparkles?

aurora, ariel, and bell
05-24-2008, 08:05 PM
We are going to Disney in September and I wanted to do something special for the granddaughters, but they are a bit young for BBB, so I was wondering if you can purchase the sparkles for their hair in one of the shops and which ones? (they are just turned 2,3, and 4.)
:princess:

AnnetteFan
05-24-2008, 09:18 PM
I've seen some similar Mickey glitter in the scrapbooking section of the emporium but I can't guarentee it's there.

princessjojo
05-24-2008, 09:30 PM
You may be able to find some hair sprays or other hair products that have glitter incorporated into them. Simple glitter may also work, but you'd have to be careful that none fell into their eyes.

AmberB
05-24-2008, 10:13 PM
I believe that the barber shop on Main St in the Magic Kingdom does something with sparkly confetti in the hair.

Disneyfun
05-24-2008, 10:15 PM
I would recommend taking them to the barber shop at the front of Townsquare in MK. If this is their first professional haircut, they get a certificate saying so and they have colors and plenty of sparkles that they can put in their hair along with painting a classic mickey in thier hair! I know that I loved it and saw plenty of children that were so proud of their mickey in their hair! And the price is about the same that you would expect for regular hair cut in your home town!
Don't forget to take pictures if you do this, it's precious!

msc_idiot
05-25-2008, 04:26 PM
I definately recommend going to the Main Street Barber Shop. They do a wonderful job at a much lower price, and Michael (the head barber that has been there for many years it seems) is absolutely amazing with children. But if you want to avoid going to the shop, I think I remember seeing the Mickey Head shaped confetti in a craft store (either Michaels or Hobby Lobby), but can be found on eBay, too. The rest of the fairy dust they use is shreaded foil paper and glitter thrown on after a healthy dose of hairspray (if I remember correctly). It shouldn't take much to make it yourself. It's a good idea for bringing home a little disney magic while you can't be at WDW, come to think of it... Good luck!

Heather

Gottaluvgoof
05-25-2008, 05:35 PM
My son had his haircut at the Barber Shop, and they loaded him with the confetti. I also heard though, that you didn't have to get a hair cut. You can just get the confetti for a lesser fee. I thought I had heard $5.00, but not exactly positive on that.