PDA

View Full Version : Bfst Dilema

SCbelle
05-24-2008, 08:02 AM
Another ADR question!!

So sorry to be a bother! I have narrowed it down some but need advice for breakfasts.

I am aiming for CRT one morning.

Which of these would you pick for the other two, one being the day we leave so I'd like it to be at a resort, not in the parks?

(we have two girls w/ us 7 & 5)

CP
Donald's Safari
1900 Park Fare
Chef Mickey

Thanks Again!:)

kathiep
05-24-2008, 08:33 AM
We love Crystal Palace - it's a must do on every trip.

Try to get the earliest ADR you can. It's fantastic to be in the MK before opening.

Madame Leona
05-24-2008, 09:26 AM
I've only been to Chef Mickey's but we really liked it. The food was good and there were a lot of good characters. We are thinking of going there again on our upcoming trip.

Checkers
05-24-2008, 09:36 AM
:mickey:For the day you leave (and one that's not in the parks), I would suggest 1900 Park Fare or Chef Mickey's. CP also has a wonderful buffet with great character interaction and as suggested, try and get an early ADR to experience MK without the crowds.

Bri
05-24-2008, 09:47 AM
The only one from your list we have been to is 1900 park fare. There were a good mix of characters there like mary poppins, winnie the pooh and tigger, the mad hatter, alice, etc. The food was really good too!

HndrdPrcnt
05-24-2008, 09:51 AM
We love Crystal Palace - it's a must do on every trip.

Try to get the earliest ADR you can. It's fantastic to be in the MK before opening.

We also loved CP. The early entrance in to the MK is such a wonderful perk!! We loved being there before everyone else!:thumbsup:

Also, be sure to do the puffed french toast!! :tasty:

Another bkfst restaurant I would HIGHLY recommend is the Whispering Canyon Cafe' and also Kona Cafe'!!!

cal5755
05-24-2008, 09:57 AM
I would vote for Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey. Both have excellent character interaction and yummy food (though I am commenting on lunches as we have never done breakfast at WDW yet).

Kairi_7378
05-24-2008, 10:01 AM
For your breakfast outside of the parks, I'd recommend 1900 Park Faire to get one last meeting in with the princesses. (If your girls are princess fans.) If your girls aren't into the princesses, I'd suggest O'hana or Kona Cafe.

As for one in the parks... I'd be torn between CP and Donald's Safari. If you get into CRT, I would definately go for Donald's. The character interaction here is supposed to be phenomenal and you can be one of the first to get on EE in the morning. If meeting Pooh is something that your girls would like, I'd suggest not doing CRT in favor of Crystal Palace. This way you have most of your character groups (Pooh, Classic, and Princesses) covered with the other meals.

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-24-2008, 10:53 AM
If outside the parks are important then 1900 or Chef Mickey's are great. I would say the food at the TS breakfast from my experience are very similar do go for the characters. If you get into CRT then go for Chef Mickey's. (Although others are correct about Ohana's or Kona for breakfast the food is better.)

beksy
05-24-2008, 12:14 PM
We went to Chef Mickey's for breakfast and loved it! The character interaction, food, and service were all excellent. I'm probably in the minority here (especially considering that I love Pooh and friends) but we weren't thrilled with CP (although it was dinner so that might make a difference). The food was good but the service was terrible and the characters kept missing sections of the restaurant causing a lot of confusion (and unhappy parents!). I'd go for the characters but between the 2 Chef Mickey's is on our must-do list for the next trip.

elmjimmlm
05-24-2008, 02:08 PM
My vote would be for Donalds...It was great being in the park so early and getting to the rides before anyone else...We have done CP and it didnt impress me...The character interaction was not that good but being in MK and walking in and seeing the castle without a million other people in front of you is great...Any of the places that you have chosen will be great...

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-24-2008, 02:50 PM
I would highly recommend Donald's breakfast! We ate there on our trip a week or so ago and were blown away...it was awesome!

The food was great, the service amazing and we had great character interaction. We weren't too sure about it, after having a horrible experience at the "old" Donald breakfast, but this was a favourite on the trip!

hlkeck
05-24-2008, 02:54 PM
I say Chef Mickeys! It's the only character meal my kids still talk about ALL THE TIME nearly a year later! It's the only repeat we're going to do.

The CP character interaction is good - we went at dinner and didn't love the food.

Loved everything about Chef Mickeys though :thumbsup:

RockinRollerMom
05-24-2008, 04:19 PM
My vote is for 1900 Park Fare. My family loves character meals and 1900 Park Fare is our favorite. The characters are great. Mary Poppins, Alice, Pooh, Tiger and the Mad Hatter is the best. He was such a hoot! The Grand Floridian is a fun resort to visit. The food is great. We love Chef Mickey's too, even though I think we will be doing dinner there this time. If I could only pick one it would be 1900 Park Fare.

TheMartellFamily
05-24-2008, 04:34 PM
We love Chef Mickeys, it is our fav breakfast.