PDA

View Full Version : New Indy movie ride, pleeeeeeease

huzzah4
05-24-2008, 02:26 AM
Ok, I know there have been 16000 threads about what new ride you want to see, but this one is just begging to be discussed.

We went and saw the new Indiana Jones movie this afternoon. The movie itself was fun to watch (don't look for it to win any Oscars, but it was worth the admission price). I won't give away any spoilers, but throughout the movie, my Wife and I kept grabbing each other and saying "oooooohhh, I can see that in the ride". There are so many scenes in this movie that are just begging to be in a PoC type ride, or with a little tweaking, possibly even a Dinosaur type.

Has anyone else seen the movie yet? If so, how well do you think it would translate into a new attraction, and what type of ride do you think it should be?

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
05-24-2008, 03:04 AM
I haven't seen it yet, but was speaking with my Mom yesterday and brought up the fact that maybe they should update the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular show. It's still great, but maybe change a bit of it up if you can to reflect the new movie.

...and an updated Star Tours would be amazing too! I thought I heard a rumour about that if Lucas comes to the Star Wars weekends....

Chris :hatter:

cal5755
05-24-2008, 10:11 AM
I haven't seen it yet, but was speaking with my Mom yesterday and brought up the fact that maybe they should update the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular show. It's still great, but maybe change a bit of it up if you can to reflect the new movie.

...and an updated Star Tours would be amazing too! I thought I heard a rumour about that if Lucas comes to the Star Wars weekends....

Chris :hatter:

I totally agree here!! Both would be great with updates. :mickey:

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-24-2008, 10:19 AM
Another vote from me as both would be welcome additions. Both of these movie(s) were part of me growing up. I feel like a little kid again at these two attractions but would love updates at both.

1DisneyNut
05-24-2008, 11:14 AM
I agree it would make a great ride. I would also assume they will update the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular show because it currently has a scene from each of the first three Indiana Jones movies.

prttynpnk
05-25-2008, 07:22 AM
It would make a great water ride!

MickeyMike837
05-25-2008, 09:33 PM
I agree it would make a great ride. I would also assume they will update the Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular show because it currently has a scene from each of the first three Indiana Jones movies.

Hi all, as much as we would all love to see updates to the Indiana Jones Stunt Show, there will not be any new scene's form the new movie. Someone I am very close to works on that stage as an entertainment technician, and after talking to management there will be no new scene’s coming. If Disney was to change anything in the show they would have to redo the contract with Lucas Films and to be honest the rights 19 years later would be a lot more then Disney is paying now. Also the show was in rehearsals just weeks before the new movie came out to tighten up, that would have been the time for changes. As a side note the theatre is almost always full so there is really no need for Disney to go through all that for a few changes.

PirateLover
05-25-2008, 10:34 PM
I was thinking the same thing about seeing scenes and thinking "This could be a great ride!" One that sticks out in my mind was the waterfall scene... that would be a fun water ride!!!

msc_idiot
05-25-2008, 10:58 PM
...there will be no new scene’s coming.

I'd be happy with a meet and greet with all the characters. I've thought that about the Star Tours characters for a while, but I was thinking more about a character meal experience.

Imagineer1981
05-27-2008, 01:44 PM
the stunt show will most likely be leaving. They are in talks to bring the INDY ride from Disneyland to WDW. With the LMA stunt show, they don't need the Indy stunt show and they want to bring more exciting attractions to the park.

As far as Star Tours goes, that ride is in limbo due to George Lucas wanting too much control and some ridiculous changes

Capt. Sparrow
05-29-2008, 09:33 AM
I thought I heard a few years ago, that they were going to be getting rid of the show and putting the ride in its place? I thought this was going to be happening when they first built Lights Motors Action! and were fading out the Backlot Tour? Anyway, a new Indy ride would be great for that park, combined with Toy Story Mania opening, it would be a great lift for DHS.:mickey:

Ladyvader
05-29-2008, 09:40 AM
The Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular still fills the house for sure. I am loving seeing all the little Indy's now roaming the parks. Our fedora sales have doubled if not tripled.
I too know its just wishful thinking but how I would love to have the Disneyland attraction here at WDW. When I found out that the track layout was exactly the same as Dinosaur I could not believe it. I would so much rather have Indy!

brewcrew26
05-29-2008, 09:17 PM
It would make a great water ride!

I totally agree with you! I think if they did it right it could rival the Jurassic Park ride in thrills at IoA.

The whole movie just seemed like great marketing for new rides or attractions. It's so hard for me not to jump on a soapbox about this movie, though.... :soapbox:

Belle619
05-30-2008, 08:49 AM
the stunt show will most likely be leaving. They are in talks to bring the INDY ride from Disneyland to WDW.

This would be great idea! The Indy ride at Disneyland is amazing inside and out (the theming is unreal!) and DHS could always use more rides.

Tinkpink
05-30-2008, 10:01 AM
Total agreement! The movie is good - but something about the music...as soon as the themesong plays, you are hooked! The show at MGM (what is it now?) is the same! You get so cuught up in it...the action, the adventure, the music...CAN'T WAIT!! This is one of our most favorite attractions at MGM.

GrumpyFan
05-30-2008, 10:47 AM
I was thinking the same thing about seeing scenes and thinking "This could be a great ride!" One that sticks out in my mind was the waterfall scene... that would be a fun water ride!!!

Agreed, the three drop waterfalls would make for a great water ride at DHS, which desperately needs something like this. Unfortunately, it's prboably not going to happen. :(