PDA

View Full Version : Payment due at time of booking but using DDP

bobpfef
05-23-2008, 05:54 PM
We are planning on using the DDP for our upcoming trip. One of the placing we would like to eat is the the Hoop De Doo Review, which I just noticed has a payment due at time of booking policy. How does that work if I am going to use DDP? Is this a hassle? Should I just pay OOP (even though running the numbers it makes for sense to use DDP for this)? Do just take the credit card information in case you do not show and them change it or do the charge the full amount right away? Do you have to wait a long time for the credit to your card to happen after you do finally go there?

Thanks for you help.

hlkeck
05-23-2008, 06:18 PM
I did this earlier for our Sept trip and they told me that they just needed the CC info but I wouldn't be charged if I showed up using the DDP.

However, when I called back to change a ressie, the CM said that I HAD been billed and that if I'm using the DDP, I should NOT have been billed - so she credited me right there.

It was a little confusing, but sorted out in the end, I guess...this response probably doesn't help too much.:blush:

katzctkpt
05-23-2008, 06:40 PM
I did this earlier for our Sept trip and they told me that they just needed the CC info but I wouldn't be charged if I showed up using the DDP.

However, when I called back to change a ressie, the CM said that I HAD been billed and that if I'm using the DDP, I should NOT have been billed - so she credited me right there.

It was a little confusing, but sorted out in the end, I guess...this response probably doesn't help too much.:blush:

I was told you would only be charged only if you were a no show or didn't cancel in the time frame as required.

cal5755
05-23-2008, 08:44 PM
I was told you would only be charged only if you were a no show or didn't cancel in the time frame as required.

That is correct. When you call to make your ADR for the Hoop Dee Doo just tell the CM you have the DDP. They will take your CC info to reserve your table and ensure you show up. Then just ask them to make sure the cc is not charged because you are on the DDP. I would not pay OOP for this... these 2 ts is exactly why we chose to upgrade to Deluxe so I would definately use your DDP for it.