PDA

View Full Version : Masons on Intercot

Strmchsr
05-23-2008, 05:06 PM
With the release Tuesday of National Treasure 2 it got me to thinking - any Masons on Intercot other than me? :thumbsup:

Montgomery #11
32nd degree Valley of Montgomery
Knight Templar - Commandery #4

murphy1
05-23-2008, 05:34 PM
My grandpa is. I remember asking him about his ring when I was a kid. The Masons have a beautiful facility in St. Petersburg if you're looking for a nice Florida retirement spot, it's right on the Bay.

amy-rella
05-23-2008, 05:34 PM
I'm not a Mason (obviously - I'm a girl), but my Dad is a past District Deputy. My brother is also a Mason. Does it count that I'm a former Rainbow girl??? :blush:

Strmchsr
05-23-2008, 06:00 PM
Does it count that I'm a former Rainbow girl??? :blush:

Absolutely! They're in the family. :thumbsup:

Scar
05-23-2008, 07:05 PM
All square here Brother. :thumbsup:

Palestine #111

merlinmagic4
05-23-2008, 07:22 PM
I'm not a Mason but I know a Mason. Does that count ;) I also lived right across the street from a Masonic Lodge. Very mysterious.

tinklover
05-23-2008, 08:21 PM
My future Father-in law is a mason,and my DBF wants to join as well. does that count for anything. BTW what is a rainbow girl and how do i join? gigglin nevermind i looked it up i am too old

Strmchsr
05-23-2008, 08:44 PM
My future Father-in law is a mason,and my DBF wants to join as well. does that count for anything. BTW what is a rainbow girl and how do i join? gigglin nevermind i looked it up i am too old

Yep, if you're marryin' age, you're too old for Rainbow Girls. However, you could join the Eastern Star which is an auxiliary part of the Masons in which both men (Master Masons) and women can attend. It's commonly thought of as just being for ladies, but that's not the case.

mickey&missy
05-23-2008, 08:55 PM
My Grandaddy was and my mom was a rainbow girl. She has a picture of herself with all of these ribbons from rainbow girls. I remember loving that picture when I was a kid!!

pianobabe
05-23-2008, 09:28 PM
My husband is a Master Mason. He is also a Junior Deacon at his lodge. My dad is a Mason also, but I don't know what degree (he's not active).

disneydeb
05-23-2008, 09:28 PM
My dad was a Mason and my mother was in Eastern Star and served as Worthy Matron, I sang at her installation.:)

alphamommy
05-24-2008, 04:56 AM
My dad was a Mason, and my parents, my sister, and I were/are all in Eastern Star. My sister just got her life membership in Star, and I've been in for 25 years (doesn't seem possible). I haven't been active in ages.

I'm a former Job's Daughter and Rainbow girl, and was a state officer in both organizations. I met my best friend through Rainbow. My Goddaughter is now involved, and desperately wants my DD to join when she's old enough. I haven't decided that I like the idea yet, since she's involved in hockey, wants to be in band, etc. I know how much time Rainbow and Job's can take when you're really into it.

They're great organizations that are misunderstood by a lot of people.

Dixie Springs
05-27-2008, 09:57 PM
My grandfather was, and grandma was Eastern Star. Sure wish I'd listened more to those treasure stories!

Gooftroop5
05-28-2008, 12:24 PM
DH is a mason. He is only a 3rd degree master mason but plans on going further.

Found out when dh was working on his application that my paternal grandfather was a mason & my grandmother was a matron of the eastern stars. No one else in my blood family is a mason but my bff (who is like a sister to me) is a member of the eastern stars (her mother was matron at the time of her death) & her father sponsored both dh & bff brother who joined because dh was joining.

I have fun picking on DH about all the mysterious stuff.