PDA

View Full Version : counter service for dinner in a pinch

dyin tago
05-23-2008, 04:32 PM
my wife and I have done the free dining 3 yrs in a row and heading back this september:mickey:

for those having trouble getting adr`s for dinner,we suggest trying a couple of counter service dinners for dinner. last trip and this trip we purposely leave 2 evenings open to do counter supper so we can do other things those days and not have to rush back for dinner ressies (beach,other florida attractions).
we love the rotisserie chicken or chicken and rib combo at caribbean beach resort or the same dinner or a couple other meals at port orleans riverside. you can even dine outside on the deck overlooking the river if you like.
you can even get little bottles of wine to have with dinner if you like.:marg:

dyin tago
05-23-2008, 04:37 PM
actually another great suggestion,do a couple counter service meals for dinner and use the extra table service credits to try a 2 credit signature restaurant like jiko or narcoosees! the 2ts restaurants may still have room as most people don`t want to use 2 credits for one meal.

the fillet with mac and cheese at jiko is to die for!:cloud9:

Natazu
05-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Thank you for that thoughtful and helpful input.

why4k
05-24-2008, 03:11 PM
I too have the free DDP in September. We will be eating lunch at Le Cellier and was wondering what to do about dinner. Where would be a decent place in Epcot or the Boardwalk for a counter service dinner for a family of four?

KineGirl
05-24-2008, 03:18 PM
My favorite CS in Epcot is Tangeriene Cafe in Morocco. IMO its some of the best food on property - CS, TS or whatever! The only drawback is that to me its SO good that I have hard time eating/trying other CS in WS! Plus it probably one of the prettiest CS in the World.

TheMartellFamily
05-24-2008, 04:39 PM
There are truly so many great CS that all you ahve to do is see their menu to know if it is good or not. It all depends what you are craving for. I would say that EPCOT has some great CS for the countries involved. I think a great one that looks really good is the DTD Wolfgand Pucks Express. Have fun trying to decide I think you could have something new everyday and not have burgers and chicken finger your whole vacation.

Janmac
05-24-2008, 05:23 PM
We started doing this as well recently.

We "discovered" Earl of Sandwich for supper when most of our group were exploring south of Kissimmee at the Disney Wildlife Refuge. We didn't know when we'd be eating, so rather than attempt ADRs for supper we got carry out from Earl of Sandwich. We'd do that again.

Jan

2MuchWDFun
05-25-2008, 09:02 AM
My family all have to agree with KineGirl Tangeriene Cafe in Morocco is a must do! We also like to split a CS at lunch, especially if we'll be eating an early TS for dinner...they give you a lot of food, so it is very easy to share. Another great CS for dinner is the Flame Tree BBQ at AK.

Disneyfun
05-25-2008, 01:44 PM
DW & I's favorite CS in the WS at EPCOT is Yakatori House at Japan...mmmmmmm!:cloud9:

The setting is great as well, up on the hill behind the temple overlooking the courtyard and the koi ponds.