PDA

View Full Version : Beachclub pool slide was never closed

AirlineGuy07
05-23-2008, 04:28 PM
We were in Disney May 5-10. We made reservations at BCV using our DVC points. About a month prior to our trip we received a letter in the mail saying that the huge pool slide at Stormalong Bay was going to be closed during our stay. Well that was one of the main reasons we wanted to stay there because I thought us and the kids would love the huge slide. So we decided then to change it to our home resort SSR because at least they have a slide for us and the kids to enjoy. One night we were walking around the boardwalk and found out that the slide was OPENED!! I was soo mad. I tried to ask the lifeguards when the slide reopened and I think the said it never closed. (I dont think they were very good in speaking engligh). Needless to say since we changed to SSR resort we lost 19 points because we wanted to have a slide at our pool. Should I call and complain to Disney since they never closed the slide to try to get our points back? They are going to expire in June. At least they should put our points into next years bank.

MickeyMousse
05-24-2008, 10:30 AM
I know that renovation schedules change all the time due to various reasons and it is disheartening to have gone through what you did only to find that it was all for naught. :mad:

It is worth the call to DVC and to your Vacation Club Guide to air your complaint and request those points be refunded to you. Not sure that they will, but it's worth a try.

Good luck!!