PDA

View Full Version : I never knew the military was so accommodating

Cinderelley
05-23-2008, 03:44 PM
My DS18 has decided to go into the Navy. He goes to basic training Sept. 4 in Chicago :(. BUT after that he'll be going to school in Florida. :thumbsup: How nice for the Navy to indulge my addiction like that! :laughing: I foresee many trips to Florida to "visit my son". DH can't argue with that;).

WDWFanatic
05-23-2008, 03:53 PM
How nice of them ;):D.

But also please tell your sun how proud we all are of him!:flag:

KineGirl
05-23-2008, 04:08 PM
GO NAVY! Is he going to Pensacola? Its a nice base if he is but tell him BEWARE THE GUNNY SGTs LOL My Dad went through OCS there and
his gunny was only about 5'4" but when he yelled he sounded at least 7'9" LOL :eek:

Tell him THANK YOU from our family. The military is such an honorable & brave choice.

Im a Navy brat & my family is a long long line of sailors so much so that my own daughter has decided to go NROTC with no prompting from us... actually it was kind of shocker. We always knew she wanted to be a meteorologist - just not a meteorologist in the Navy! The nice thing is that she will be the first in 4 generations Navy to enter as an officer. She still has another year of HS left so Im waiting to see if she follows through but while it makes me nervous, I also couldnt be more proud! :)

Now you have to go to an Army/Navy football game! Talk about a fun rivalry!!

wdwfansince75
05-23-2008, 07:45 PM
DGS#1 starts boot camp at Ft. Benning in August. As a grandfather, I am somewhat nervous, but terribly proud that he has chosen to serve his. The finest people I knew wore uniforms.....usually flight suits, dungarees, or fatiques. Especially fond memories of the young men who flew with me from the flight decks of the various carriers in Southeast Asia, and from Danang Air Base..... I was a Naval Academy classmate of Charles Plumb....His story, "Who packed your parachute" is a story of service of fine young people. Should have been a movie!

Oh, visit shadesofgreen.org, and do some planning!

KineGirl
05-23-2008, 07:59 PM
DGS#1 starts boot camp at Ft. Benning in August. As a grandfather, I am somewhat nervous, but terribly proud that he has chosen to serve his. The finest people I knew wore uniforms.....usually flight suits, dungarees, or fatiques. Especially fond memories of the young men who flew with me from the flight decks of the various carriers in Southeast Asia, and from Danang Air Base..... I was a Naval Academy classmate of Charles Plumb....His story, "Who packed your parachute" is a story of service of fine young people. Should have been a movie!

Oh, visit shadesofgreen.org, and do some planning!

Well, let me thank you too, sir

Ive read Who Packed your Parachute - I think I cried half of the way through it thinking of those brave men (including you) and the honor they upheld. Its a different Navy today but cant help think it wouldnt have been the great service it is without men like you and your comrades blazing the trail. BTW congrats too on being an Annapolis graduate - no small feat and an honor in and of itself!

pink
05-23-2008, 08:46 PM
That was so nice of them- Now you have two great reasons to visit Florida! :mickey:

TheRustyScupper
05-24-2008, 02:36 PM
1) I love it when a plan comes together.
2) Maybe there really is intelligence in the military ?!?!?
3) Did I really say that?
4) To me, Military Intelligence is an oxymoron, just like
. . . congressional accountability
. . . educational television
. . . jumbo shrimp
. . . working vacation
. . . peace force
. . . service station
. . . microsoft works

crazypoohbear
05-26-2008, 09:10 PM

Hey, I was born at ft Benning.!
so I know it is a great place. Tell you Grandson I said thank you and to send me a tee shirt from there!!
[QUOTE=Cinderelley;1638209]My DS18 has decided to go into the Navy. He goes to basic training Sept. 4 in Chicago :(. BUT after that he'll be going to school in Florida. :thumbsup: How nice for the Navy to indulge my addiction like that! :laughing: I foresee many trips to Florida to "visit my son". DH can't argue with that;).

Wow, This is good news for you! You must be so proud and scared at the same time. I think it's great that he will be in Fla. Maybe he can work on getting 20,000 leagues under the sea at the Magic Kingdom and then he won't have to ship out!:blush:
Tell you son Thank you and best of luck to him as well.
I grew up an army brat and think that military life was great!