PDA

View Full Version : Dolphin/Teacher Discount/Rates?

LuvAllPrincesses
05-23-2008, 01:02 PM
I was wondering if anyone has stayed at the Dolphin (or Swan) recently using the teacher discount and can tell me an approximate price I would expect to pay per night (in regular season). I am interested in the rate of a standard room as well as a junior suite - we are a family of five, DS15, DD7, DS1. I called them directly and they could not give me an answer to my question, saying their system only works pricing specific dates. Even after giving them numerous fake dates just to get an idea, the lady was unable to find any teacher rate available, so I was unable to get anywhere. If anyone can give me a round-about rate, I would greatly appreciate it so I can start weighing our options for a 2009 trip. Thank you!

Taja
05-23-2008, 01:36 PM
Have you tried their website? You can select type of discount from a drop-down list. You don't need proof of eligibility at that point.

It requires specific dates, as rates change frequently--typical of hotel chains that are not Disney! :)

DisneyDudet
05-23-2008, 01:38 PM
The price for a standard room (4 adults), in 2008, start at around $159/night or so. I think last year, we payed about that at the Swan.

Note, you also have to pay to park, $10/day, so budget accordingly.

I do not know anything for the suite. And as with Disney, they only have a certain amount of discounted rooms for any given day, and some blackout dates may apply.

LandFan
05-23-2008, 02:23 PM
I called recently for the swan and it was $179/night there for the end of July...

MOJoe
05-23-2008, 02:49 PM
The teacher rate was $219 for Spring Break dates this year, about $60 off the regular rate. I believe the room discounts are laid out near year's end, so to get an exact price for a specific date in 2009, you may have to wait till late fall. Also, you must ask for and get confirmation for the discount when you book. You can't just show up with your teaching credentials and get the discount.
Prices change here more than Disney resorts, and they are not bound by certain "seasons". Instead, you may find prices higher at odd times due to a large convention.

andreallybadeggs
05-23-2008, 07:49 PM
We were offered a teacher rate of $189 in mid March. As it turned out, when I checked their website a few days later they had a $179 offer so we took that instead.