PDA

View Full Version : Vacation other than Disney

AirlineGuy07
05-23-2008, 11:33 AM
Has anyone used the DVC points to go on a vacation in the US other than Disney? Was the place you stayed in nice? Thinking about doing that next year. Any suggestions??

wendy*darling
05-25-2008, 10:53 AM
Outside of WDW and Disneyland- we did use our points once in New York City at the Plaza Hotel to celebrate an anniversary 5 years ago. We go into NYC often for day trips- but this was special to be able to stay in a landmark hotel using our points.

Unfortunately, the Plaza is no longer available. But what we learned was that Disney chooses only the BEST accommodations. They can change each year- especially if the service level changes and no longer meets their standards. So- I would definitely recommend checking out the various places offered in the Concierge Collection. No- it is not the best use of your points- but if you're skipping WDW for a year, or have plenty of points, it does give you some terrific opportunities to see some new places! :thumbsup:

tinkerbell04
05-25-2008, 11:46 AM
We used our points to book a honeymoon ofr my sister-in-law and brother-in-law in October. They had a one bedroom at the Tahiti Village in Las Vegas and loved every minute of it. They were going to skip the honeymoon altogether for financial reasons, so we booked it for them and his parents gave them the airfare. The whole week was about 120 points or so and the accomodations were outstanding.:mickey:

Kidsmom
05-25-2008, 11:47 AM
I hope you don't mind me asking, but has anyone used it in Europe at one of the timeshares. Are they all as nice as the Concerige Collections or do you have to be concerned since Disney isn't directly involved?

(Mod, feel free to move this if I should have started a separte thread.)

MickeyMousse
05-25-2008, 02:22 PM
We used it to stay at The Saratoga in Lake George. Absolutely wonderful! :cloud9:

AuntLaura
05-25-2008, 09:35 PM
I have used points twice to stay at the Royal Garden Hotel in London. Very nice. I was disappointed to hear that when I wanted to use points again for this August, I was told that I cannot use them August or September this year - those 2 months are blocked out.