PDA

View Full Version : any relative adoptee's?

motherhamv
05-23-2008, 10:10 AM
Are there any other relative adoptee's out there??? The state put DC with us, and is pushing for permanancy with us. I am having such a difficult time with all of this. I need some :mickey::magic:

Disney Doll
05-23-2008, 01:58 PM
I feel for you. We did kinship foster care for a year with 2 nieces. The mother was DH estranged half sister. While we were not looking to adopt we were ready to adopt if it came to that. In our case the children were eventually reunited with their biological mother so adoption was not needed. I think either way it's hard. When the children were placed with us we cared for them as if they were our own and I'm sure you are doing the same. It was very hard to put those kids back into a bad situation. In an ideal world I would have liked for the biological mother to taken the steps necessary to take good care of her children, but that didn't happen. Unfortunately the state has very minimal standards and they pay attention to only the very worst cases so she was deemed good enough and the children went back. It has been 6 years since the kids were placed back with their mother and to this day I feel like I need to be prepared to take them again just in case. Their situation is very unstable and you never know what the future holds. I haven't seen the kids in nearly 2 years which is also hard. In our situation the kids were very young when we got them (9 months & 2 years). For the 9 month old the transition to our home was very easy. However, it was a little tougher on the 2 year old. She was old enough to remember some of the bad things in her former home and had been in the abusive home longer. With her it took a lot of patience and had we kept her longer I would have put her in counseling. It is a big decision and there are lots of factors involved. I'm sending you lots of :pixie::pixie::pixie::pixie:

Feel free to PM me if you need someone to talk to.