PDA

View Full Version : The Tudors - Season Two

ChipnDaleGal
05-23-2008, 08:42 AM
Anybody else watching this? I am not a fan of Jonathan Rhys Meyers, and he does bug me as Henry. But this is one of my very favorite historical time periods, so I have been watching faithfully. I think Natalie Dormer has been flat out amazing in her role as Anne. I am feeling sorry for her as she is plummeting towards her death. I am curious how far they are going to take this series in terms of Henry's life and his wives. From the episode I just watched he is about to have his accident that hurt his leg so badly and led to his weight gain. Jonathan is such a little guy I would think that would be difficult for him to simulate older Henry's girth. I would love to see it continue on through his life and on into Elizabeth's.

PirateLover
05-23-2008, 12:33 PM
My mom watches this show and I'll catch it every once in a while. I do find Jonathan kind of sexy in a creepy sort of way if that makes any sense :D
I do think the acting overall is incredibly good.

AdventurerKim
05-25-2008, 09:47 AM
I really like this show, but I don't get Showtime so I have to wait til Season 2 comes out on DVD which is how I watched Season 1. I too wonder how far they'll take the show with his wives and such. I love Maria Doyle Kennedy as Katharine of Aragon! The acting is superb all around.

MegaDisney
05-30-2008, 08:18 PM
I really liked this season.

It is weird watching a show that you already know what is going to happen...

Looking forward to Season 3!