PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY FRIDAY! Light up the Barbie...

MickeysGirl
05-23-2008, 06:53 AM
No, not the doll... silly gooses! I'm talking about the grill of course!

Hey everybody! Happy Friday!! :hi:

Hasn't Rob been just wonderful taking care of the parties for me the past few weeks. He's such a sweetie to help out! But I'm back, sorry... :razz: hehe

On with the show!

So who else gets a three day weekend? You lucky dogs! We do too, and we're quite thankful. It will give us some nice needed down time, along with some time with friends to celebrate, Memorial Day!

So, in honor of our fallen heroes, let's get today's party started with the...

Annual INTERCOT Memorial Day Bash! :flag:

Happy Friday Everyone!

Specialty Drink of the day: :beer: Beer!
... with sweet tea for the kiddos and an open bar as always ...
:wine: :papple: :marg:

I hope everyone has a great and safe Memorial Day weekend. Stay safe if you're gonna be on the roads! :thumbsup:

pogo
05-23-2008, 07:01 AM
:fworks:.....Happy Friday All !.....:fworks:

I'll take a :beer: this morning..... as the song says, it's five o'clock somewhere ! :D

Have a safe and happy long weekend and keep all our veterans in your hearts. :flag:

JanetMegan
05-23-2008, 08:39 AM
Thanks for getting the party started Jamie!! It's been one of those weeks-you know what I mean right? Anyways it will be a crazy weekend but I'm glad to not have to think about work for at least a few days ;)

Hope everyone has a safe weekend, and I'll take a :marg: please!

disneydrmr
05-23-2008, 08:42 AM
Before the barbie is fired up by Brett.. did someone do a safety check? You know.. a fire extinguisher every 5 inches... no flamable material within 10 feet of said barbie..etc...
Please slide a sweet tea down the bar for me! That sounds yummy! I brought some baked potato salad to share. Hope everyone has a wonderful Friday and a safe and enjoyable Memorial Day weekend. Please remember all the fallen heros, and our heros who are still fighting for our freedom! :flag:

disneymom15
05-23-2008, 09:21 AM
Happy Memorial Day everyone. Be safe and enjoy.

drummerboy
05-23-2008, 09:48 AM
So who else gets a three day weekend?

How about a nine day weekend? I'm off all next week.

HAPPY FRIDAY!

Please, oh please, somebody keep a close watch on Sgt."How high did you want those flames?" Tigger today.

MsMin
05-23-2008, 09:48 AM
Happy Friday Everyone and Happy Memorial Day to all!
I've been very busy too.:( and yes when I saw the title I did think about what Ken would think ;)
Diane... what's baked potato salad??? it must be yummy. I've brought some Key Lime Pies for all, yes I've made them very tart so if you see someone pucker :blush:
It's been so hot here I feel like we should be celebrating the 4th of July.
Have a safe and WONDERFUL weekend all.. Jamie I really missed seeing you all last weekend.

Momof2boys
05-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Happy Friday & Memorial Day to all !!

It's been quite some time since I've been on and at one of the Friday parties. I've missed them ! I've realized I need to make more time for ME . . . so here I am :party:

MickeysGirl
05-23-2008, 10:17 AM
Happy Friday Everyone and Happy Memorial Day to all!
Jamie I really missed seeing you all last weekend.

Beth, we missed seeing you too!! Bret mentioned you were trying to make it over, and you got "caught" by your brother. For what it's worth, I wasn't feeling great, so I avoided mine on Sunday morning. :blush:

Amanda, it's wonderful to see you back. It's great to see you all, since I've been a bit out of pocket the last few weeks!

So, I gotta ask since Rob brought it up, will you guys forgive me if the party doesn't get started a few Friday's from now, because we're in Disneyland? :blush: I'll try, but if we're absent....

disneydrmr
05-23-2008, 10:34 AM
[Diane... what's baked potato salad??? it must be yummy.

It's a loaded baked potato salad.. has sour cream, bacon, cheese added to it.. most awesome thing I've ever tasted! If I had enough friends to invite over to help me eat 20 lbs of it I'd probably be buying myself some!

So, I gotta ask since Rob brought it up, will you guys forgive me if the party doesn't get started a few Friday's from now, because we're in Disneyland? :blush: I'll try, but if we're absent....

We'll forgive you! I hope you have a great time in Disneyland!

Nascfan
05-23-2008, 11:03 AM
Happy Friday everyone!

Let's fire up that grill! I'm ready for a nice, juicy cheeseburger.

Hey, can our southern friends please send some of that heat up here? We're running 10 to 15 degrees below normal for our highs. REALLY looking forward to Florida next month and some warmth.

Jamie, we'll forgive you if you take all of us with you. ;)

Have a good long weekend everybody, and remember our fallen heroes. :flag:

Jasper
05-23-2008, 11:15 AM
Before the barbie is fired up by Brett.. did someone do a safety check? You know.. a fire extinguisher every 5 inches... no flamable material within 10 feet of said barbie..etc...
:flag:

Aw heck! Why take all the fun out of it? I say if the flames are not big enough for the International Space Station to see them then they aren't big enough!!:D:D And it just so happens that we are getting out for our first camping trip of the year this weekend so if y'all hear reports of some kind of bright light emanating from southern Indiana this weekend don't worry it is just us!!

As soon as you have the barbie fired up I have some extra hot dogs and hamburgers we can throw on. And while I am at it someone hand me a bottle of water to drink!

Have a happy, safe, and patriotic weekend!!

MScholl13
05-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Happy Friday everyone! I'm going to enjoy my three day weekend to the fullest. Maybe a cookout, some tanning...and just relaxing.

Everyone be safe!

SgtTigger
05-23-2008, 01:16 PM
Let's see fire proof gloves...... fire proof shirt...... fire proof pants.........

Ok I think I am ready........

Lets light this pit..........

Woooossssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
:bolt:

Happy Friday Everyone.............. :flag:

I hope everyone is having a good time.......... I will have some BBQ real soon........... I had to cook the ribs first for Jamie........... :tikki:

What?????

What do you mean?????

My hair is on Fire???????

:flame:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I forgot the fire proof hood...........

:cop: :tigger:

disneydrmr
05-23-2008, 02:00 PM
Let's see fire proof gloves...... fire proof shirt...... fire proof pants.........

Ok I think I am ready........

Lets light this pit..........

Woooossssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Happy Friday Everyone.............. :flag:

I hope everyone is having a good time.......... I will have some BBQ real soon........... I had to cook the ribs first for Jamie........... :tikki:

What?????

What do you mean?????

My hair is on Fire???????

:flame:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I forgot the fire proof hood...........

SEE! Hence the need for fire extinguishers every 5 inches! Now if only they worked... ;)

Jasper
05-23-2008, 02:10 PM
SEE! Hence the need for fire extinguishers every 5 inches! Now if only they worked... ;)

And how about throwing in a course on proper usage of the fire extinguishers? I think I saw Sgt. Tigger using his to make fake snow!

disneydrmr
05-23-2008, 02:12 PM
And how about throwing in a course on proper usage of the fire extinguishers? I think I saw Sgt. Tigger using his to make fake snow!

Don't you just pull the little pin thingy on it, aim and throw it at your target? :D

SgtTigger
05-23-2008, 06:23 PM

One little snow storm....... you know it never snowes here in Louiaiana......

Hey I am all better.... it did not burn anything..... Just a little singe......

Hope everyone likes the bbq.... Hot dogs hamburgers ribs sausage........ :eat:

What........ that is blackened sausage..... it is not burnt...... that is a southern thing....... here just put some BBQ sause on it....... :tasty:

wdwgrl377
05-23-2008, 10:18 PM
Happy Friday Everyone!!

May each and everyone here have a safe, fun filled weekend! :cool:

ElenitaB
05-23-2008, 10:25 PM
Happy Memorial Day weekend, everyone!

We just enjoyed our first day of a FOUR-DAY weekend! :cloud9:

Have a safe one, all! (That means you too, Bret!)

MsMin
05-24-2008, 10:42 AM
Happy Friday everyone!
Hey, can our southern friends please send some of that heat up here? We're running 10 to 15 degrees below normal for our highs. REALLY looking forward to Florida next month and some warmth.
Have a good long weekend everybody, and remember our fallen heroes. :flag:
Scott, I'm sure by the time you get to Florida there will be plenty of heat for you.:thedolls:
What's cold weather like in May? Here it's when it drops into the 80's...

It's a loaded baked potato salad.. has sour cream, bacon, cheese added to it.. most awesome thing I've ever tasted! If I had enough friends to invite over to help me eat 20 lbs of it I'd probably be buying myself some!
Sounds so yummy :crying: that means no recipe??

Beth, we missed seeing you too!! Bret mentioned you were trying to make it over, and you got "caught" by your brother. For what it's worth, I wasn't feeling great, so I avoided mine on Sunday morning. :blush:
Missed you too, my brother came down to talk about my dad and his failing health so I couldn't leave :(.
Why don't you ask someone to start the party for you??? That way you won't be caught around DL feeling guilty and hoping to find wifi??
Find someone who gets up real early!!

I think you're right b/c he did go all out last year with the Christmas decor!! :snowball:

Hey Bret... I was just going to ask about sausage on the grill.... You are always a prepared!!! :cheers:

Nascfan
05-24-2008, 02:15 PM
Scott, I'm sure by the time you get to Florida there will be plenty of heat for you.:thedolls:
What's cold weather like in May? Here it's when it drops into the 80's...

Up here, our cool has been highs in the lower 60s, and sometimes a struggle to make that. Lows in the lower 40s. I think that's when you guys start to freeze to death, isn't it? ;)

Are the coals still hot? I want to toast some marshmallows.

SgtTigger
05-24-2008, 02:53 PM
Are the coals still hot? I want to toast some marshmallows.

:funny: are the coals still hot :rotfl:

Are you kidding they will be hot for days.....

Ed
05-24-2008, 06:43 PM
:funny: are the coals still hot :rotfl:

Are you kidding they will be hot for days.....

Great! In that case, make mine a cheeseburger.

:rocker::drummer::piano:
I like mine with lettuce and tomatoes,
Heinz 57 and french fried potatoes,
Big Kosher pickle and a cold draft :beer: ......

Uhmmmmm, Bret?

Your hula skirt is on fire. :fireman:

Ooooooo, that's gonna leave a mark!

Hey, y'all - PLEASE be careful and drive/boat/walk safely this weekend; we want to see ALL of you back here next week!

SgtTigger
05-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Uhmmmmm, Bret?

Your hula skirt is on fire. :fireman:

Ooooooo, that's gonna leave a mark!

Hey, y'all - PLEASE be careful and drive/boat/walk safely this weekend; we want to see ALL of you back here next week!

Nooooooooooooooooo

Who was the person that ordered these hula skirts???? I thought they were fireproof......

Ill get that cheeseburger as soon as I find some more clothes..........

Oh no is that a fire truck that just pulled up out front??????

OK no one has seen me...........

Dr_Nigel_C
05-25-2008, 11:26 AM
Oh, great -- we just got that shipment of hula skirts in this past week...after BRET CAUGHT THE LAST BATCH ON FIRE!!!

Wes, call up our Hula Skirt sales person. Again.

:thedolls:

Hope everyone's having a great weekend. More food and drinks are on the way...get your orders in!

:mickey:

MsMin
05-25-2008, 12:51 PM
Rob those skirts say fire resistant... I think Bret needs fire PROOF. Hey Bret I hope that's your speedo I see. :covered:

Scott, I start to freeze anytime I'm chilly in shorts... that's in the 60's.... 80's almost A/C :sun:

Everyone... do have a safe weekend!