PDA

View Full Version : POFQ or POR?

garthbarth1
05-22-2008, 10:44 PM
We will be traveling to the World in Sept and are trying to decide between the two.. Love the idea of the French Quarter theme as I love New Orleans...husband had never been, so I thought that it would be a nice way to have him experience it without actually going. BUT the idea of staying in a Big Southern Style Mansion is also appealing as well! Although from what I understand it is not guaranteed that you get a Mansion room. Any thoughts on either place? Thanks !:mickey:

RockinRollerMom
05-22-2008, 10:52 PM
My vote is for POFQ. I have stayed at POFQ twice and have visited POR a handfull of times. I like that POFQ is small and quaint. It doesn't matter what building you are in, it is a close walk to the pool, bus stop and food court. I also like the pool better at POFQ. POFQ is the first stop to be picked up on the bus, which means you almost always get a seat. POFQ is also the first stop to be dropped off back from the parks, which I like. POR does have a TS restaurant which POFQ doesn't have, but it is only a short walk over to POR if you want a TS meal.

pogo
05-22-2008, 10:54 PM
POFQ is a smaller and quieter resort that can not be beat, in my opinion. :cloud9:

Everything is a short walk away. We fell in love with it in 2006 when we were at the Poly. The last day we toured three resorts and thought POFQ was great.

We stayed there last April and are returning in December. :yes:

Good luck with your decision ! :D

elmjimmlm
05-23-2008, 09:14 AM
Although from what I understand it is not guaranteed that you get a Mansion room.

We have stayed at POR and have never had a problem in our request of a building...We are a family of 5 so we stay in AB...We like buildings 14 and 18 and when I make our reservations I always ask and we always get it...:thumbsup:

FriendsofMickey
05-23-2008, 09:43 AM
I have stayed at both (though I have never stayed in the mansions). POFQ is definately our top pick!

Checkers
05-23-2008, 09:59 AM
:mickey:Just got back a few weeks ago and stayed at POFQ and loved it! Close to everything and very nice. We have stayed a few nights at POR in the past and liked it also but it was too spread out for our taste. We also liked the food court in FQ better. Have fun!

RedSoxFan
05-23-2008, 10:02 AM
POFQ is a very nice resort. You will love it. We're staying there again in October.

ibelieveindisneymagic
05-23-2008, 10:03 AM
We've stayed at both POR and POFQ, and we love them both!

But, you can't beat the small quaint atmopshere of French Quarter. We love the theming, just perfect throughout the resort, we love how close everything is, and if you want to visit POR for a meal it is a super-quick bus ride or a short walk away.

Kairi_7378
05-23-2008, 11:05 AM
We also love them both! DH favors POR and I prefer POFQ. I think that either location is ideal for a Disney trip. I think that POR is the more laid back of the two of them.

trudisneygal
05-23-2008, 12:33 PM
Having stayed at POR 2 years ago for our anniversary I loved it! We walked over to POFQ and thought it looked nice too. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. We are going in Sept too and we're thinking of staying at POR again, because we loved it so. The Mansion rooms are where we were (we had requested it) right in front of the river, and let me tell you, it is just beautiful! That is where we will request again if we go with that resort.

#1donaldfan
05-23-2008, 01:13 PM
You can't go wrong with either...but if you don't want to get "stuck", if that's what one calls staying in the most beautiful mod, that is so laid back, shaded, relaxing...etc......POR AB is so great, we just keep going back year after year to get stuck......:mickey::mickey:

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-23-2008, 02:44 PM
Both are great but my vote goes to POFQ.

AngieM
05-23-2008, 04:58 PM
I do not think that you will be disappointed with either resort.

I really like both, but prefer POFQ for a couple reasons. First, it is small,and everything is just a quick stroll away. Second, both resorts share a bus, and POFQ is first to be picked up when going to the park, and first to be dropped off after a long day in the park.

Hope that helps:mickey:
Angie

sainter
05-23-2008, 05:42 PM
I think both resorts are fantastic and you will enjoy either. I also think that the other posters have pointed out the good of both-- the only thing that no one has mentioned is that POR has 5 quiet pools interspersed among the buildings. It may not be important, but we like to hang out at one for a few hours a couple afternoons. We often have had one to ourselves or nearly so.