PDA

View Full Version : Under three at the parks

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
05-22-2008, 09:31 PM
We are going in September.. to "celebrate " my oldest daughter's 3rd birthday (which isnt until October.) Will I need to show proof anywhere that she is under 3 and can eat off my plate, get into the parks, etc? I just want to know if I should bring her birth certificate, or immunization book? She is getting taller daily and I dont want anyone to think I am "skirting the system":mickey:

baby minnie's mommy
05-22-2008, 10:20 PM
Our DD is tall, and we went right before she turned 3. We didn't have a problem. If anyone asked her age it was done politely.

No proof of age is needed. They are so busy getting people into the parks you just go on through, and if they happen to stop you, just tell them her age and they'll let you on through.

I personally wouldn't bring her birth certificate on the trip, in case it gets misplaced.

We carry an immunization booklet - it's just one that we ask the nurses to fill out each time - and try to have any other important medical info it it in case of emergency, plus her doc's phone #. Not that you need it for proof of age - for emergency purposes it's good to have handy.

Gator
05-23-2008, 04:58 PM
They asked us for her visa and id....just kidding. They just wave you through. It's a system based on good faith in the customer.

FriendsofMickey
05-23-2008, 05:03 PM
We went two weeks before my girls turned 3 and they never questioned us anywhere.

When they were 3 1/2 going on 4, they actually tried to wave them through a few times, then they noticed their tickets or we told them.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
05-23-2008, 06:19 PM
Great! Thank you!

mickey&missy
05-23-2008, 08:15 PM
We weren't asked for DS's birth certificate when we went he was 2 1/2. He's a VERY tall kid.

I always travel with a copy my kids birth certificates. I've never needed it, but I rather be safe then sorry!

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-24-2008, 10:25 AM
I would bring a copy of the birth certificate just in case but I have never heard of this ever being a problem. However just as soon as you show up without any proof someone will ask. It is better to have it so as not to ruin a day or more to resolve the issue. Better safe than sorry! But I doubt it will be an issue.

kakn7294
05-24-2008, 11:32 AM
I carried a copy of DD's birth certificate (not the real thing!) but never needed it. We were only really questioned once and that's because my little talker impressed two CM's so much with her extensive vocabulary that they thought she must have been much older than 2 1/2 - and I'm not sure that they were even asking for the admission purposes. When I said I had her birth certificate and could prove her age, they just laughed and waved us on through.

Stormer
05-24-2008, 08:24 PM
We have never been questioned. My son has always been very big and no one ever even gave him a second look. I wouldn't worry about it.