PDA

View Full Version : Room request

hyper71
05-22-2008, 06:41 PM
When is the earliest that I can call and request where I would like my room be located. I want to stay near the pool and near the bus stop. I am staying at the CSR.

KarenP
05-22-2008, 07:44 PM
You can make your room requests with Disney Reservations Center or your travel agent when booking your reservation. If you are already booked you can call back and ask to have your requests noted on the reservation. Just be sure to reiterate your preferences at check in too.

katzctkpt
05-22-2008, 10:32 PM
We request when making our ressies. Then, I think about 10 days prior to our arrival we call and talk to the resort about the bldg we'd like to stay in. So, far our requests have been granted.

Mousemates
05-22-2008, 10:34 PM
We have had good luck by also sending a nice letter to the "room assigner" about a week before our arrival. (seems like we read about the time frame as to room assignments in either a guidebook or another website). Not sure if this is the reason why or not, but we've always gotten in the area we wanted, thou not necessarily in one particular room.

TammiMcMan
05-22-2008, 10:49 PM
My advice is to have it added to the original reservation. There is nothing wrong with following up with a phone call or a fax, but there are a few things to keep in mind:

#1. Phone calls don't normally go the resort, even when dialing the direct number. Due to volume, they're handled by a call center. In most cases, you are simply referred to general customer service who can verify the request is on your reservation.

#2. Faxed requests have become so common, that the room assignors just can't get to all of them. Again, depending on the volume, it's just as likely that your fax could end up in the circular file.

As I said though, there is nothing wrong with the follow up, just be sure it's on the original reservation and ask again at check-in.

hyper71
05-24-2008, 11:42 AM
Is 8B at the CSR a good place to stay? We have requested a lake view. We also want to stay near the bigger pool and close to a bus stop.