PDA

View Full Version : DHS and Star Wars Weekends

mom2mickeyfan
05-22-2008, 03:05 PM
Hi everyone. We have a trip planned for the last full week of June. Our plans will be taking us to HS on Sunday which will be during the Star Wars Weekend. This is not a big draw for us. Will the crowds be up because of this and will there be less of the other characters around? I've read that HS is a good place to meet characters and really don't want to miss out on that.

Also...does anyone know what time the Block Party Bash starts. I want to make sure my DS isn't taking a nap during it. I believe he will love it. His new fav right now is Toy Store.

Thanks everyone..

KylesMom
05-22-2008, 03:22 PM
With it being the last day of the celebration, I would guess that crowds will be prevalent. You've got guest stars Warwick Davis, David Filoni, who's the director of the new Clone Wars movie, and Jake Lloyd, who played young Anakin. Not the most popular, but I think they'll still draw big crowds. Combine that with end-of-June crowds the weekend before the 4th of July and I think you're looking at a pretty busy park all around.

Is there any way to switch up your plans a bit so that you'd be able to spend your day at DHS during the week?

We have gone for numerous Star Wars Weekends, and I am convinced that there is a lack of characters during the weekend since so many are dressed in Star Wars garb.

I believe Block Party Bash begins at 3 pm.

MOJoe
05-22-2008, 04:52 PM
During Star Wars Weekends, Mickey becomes "Jedi Mickey". The line for this character greeting can be quite long.

Star Wars Weekends are great fun if you are the least bit interested in the movies. But if you are not, then you will want to go to the Studios on a weekday.