PDA

View Full Version : Back from SSR

PoohBear517
05-22-2008, 11:42 AM
I didn't have a chance to post before leaving, but we were able to keep our reservation (May 15-21) while my MIL was in therapy.
We stayed in a 2BR at SSR and had a wonderful time! I'm already planning our next trip. DS (19) wants to try either BCV or BWV and DH wants to try OKW. Our room (#9535) was ready upon arrival (about noon) and it was spotless. We were very impressed. Internet service was free even though you had to agree to the daily charge when launching IE (we never received a bill). Bus service was fine - no complaints; although the boat from DTD is quicker. We thoroughly enjoyed SSR and look forward to going back home!

lockedoutlogic
05-22-2008, 02:50 PM
It's good to hear you didn't lose your points.....i hope you enjoy many more moments at WDW.....

i don't know about anyone else....but even in a crowded place such as WDW.....some of the most calm, perfect moments are spent there....

JMTStone
05-22-2008, 03:15 PM
I'm so relieved you didn't lose them and very happy you had a nice time at HOME.

MinnieMommie
05-22-2008, 06:15 PM
So nice to hear you had a great time. What building were you in...Grandstand? :mickey:

Sean Riley Taylor's Mom
05-22-2008, 11:49 PM
I'm glad you had a nice stay at SSR. We love it there!:cloud9:

PoohBear517
05-23-2008, 07:50 AM
lockedoutlogic - I agree; we had a very peaceful vacation amidst the hustle and bustle of WDW.

MinnieMommie - yes, we were in the Grandstand section. Upon first glance at the property map, we thought it would be a long walk to the main pool and fitness center, but it was only about a 5 minute walk.

This first trip was also a learning experience for us. Do not go grocery shopping at Gooding's! Their prices are ridiculous! Twelve items cost us just under $100. :eek: I'll definitely pre-order my groceries next time from Garden Grocer or we'll rent a car for a day and shop at a Publix or Winn-Dixie.
Sign up for Owner's Locker. I haven't done it yet, but after going through the hassle of packing toiletries according to airport guidelines, I can see how valuable the locker will be. We couldn't even bring home my $5.00 jar of grape jelly because it was over 3 oz.

lockedoutlogic
05-23-2008, 09:13 AM
lockedoutlogic - I agree; we had a very peaceful vacation amidst the hustle and bustle of WDW.

MinnieMommie - yes, we were in the Grandstand section. Upon first glance at the property map, we thought it would be a long walk to the main pool and fitness center, but it was only about a 5 minute walk.

This first trip was also a learning experience for us. Do not go grocery shopping at Gooding's! Their prices are ridiculous! Twelve items cost us just under $100. :eek: I'll definitely pre-order my groceries next time from Garden Grocer or we'll rent a car for a day and shop at a Publix or Winn-Dixie.
Sign up for Owner's Locker. I haven't done it yet, but after going through the hassle of packing toiletries according to airport guidelines, I can see how valuable the locker will be. We couldn't even bring home my $5.00 jar of grape jelly because it was over 3 oz.

there is a new publix behind the Orlando Premium Outlets......usually not crowded as well

OhToodles!
05-23-2008, 12:02 PM
This first trip was also a learning experience for us. Do not go grocery shopping at Gooding's! Their prices are ridiculous! Twelve items cost us just under $100. I'll definitely pre-order my groceries next time from Garden Grocer or we'll rent a car for a day and shop at a Publix or Winn-Dixie.

Thanks for that info! I was thinking about getting some things (non-packable breakfast items like milk, juice, eggs) there on our trip in October to see what it was like. Where those things available?

PoohBear517
05-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Yes, those items are available, but if you can avoid Goodings, by all means do so. Their prices are doubled compared to other grocery stores. Even the market at SSR was more reasonable.

One more thing I learned on this trip - when making ADR's for breakfast, get a time slot no earlier than 10:00am. We were so relaxed and enjoying our vacation that we couldn't get moving before 9:00am. I had three ADR's scheduled for 8:00am - needless to say we didn't make any of them.