PDA

View Full Version : Aklv Sv

Kidsmom
05-22-2008, 10:50 AM
We are planning our next trip to AKL. This past trip we had SV 2 bedroom.

Our view was straight across from other DVC rooms and we could see the new constuction to our right. They only brought the animals down to this area twice a day. We didn't see animals ALL day long from the room. I am not sure if this is always the way or just because of the construction of the new building. It seemed a bit of a waste of points. We aren't in our rooms a lot at those times.

This is my question: Next year when we book for Feb (hopefully most outside construction will be done), should we get a value or standard room, or will we see more animals all day from our room and make it worth the extra points?

I hope I explained myself clearly.

What are your thoughts?

KineGirl
05-22-2008, 11:31 AM
Just so I understand what youre saying - you were in your room all day and werent seeing animals? They "brought" the animals out twice a day but not during the day while you were in your room?

Im sorry that happened to you. I've stayed in a regular SV room twice and didnt have that same experience at all. Both times I stayed off of the Kudu Trail. The animals were out all day and night. And though construction was going on on the new bldg and DVC villas I saw none of it. Im planning on staying in the DVC villas this summer and hope that your experience isnt the case at all for me! Which bldg/trail were you in/off of? Did you complain to the front desk? I certainly would have. I agree that it would be upsetting to use up my valuable points on a AKLv w/SV view and there be no animals when I looked outside AND see a bunch of construction in my view.

pox24
05-22-2008, 02:58 PM
Don't feel bad, we spent a fewdays last week end in a 6th floor Concierge Room and had the same experience. When the painting of the Jambo house and new construction is finished it will be like all the other savannahs. We did have a few Ostrich and Cattle for a while on Thursday afternoon. Still a great time. i thought the extra points for Club level was well worth it anyway.

Kidsmom
05-22-2008, 04:26 PM
Don't feel bad, we spent a fewdays last week end in a 6th floor Concierge Room and had the same experience. When the painting of the Jambo house and new construction is finished it will be like all the other savannahs. We did have a few Ostrich and Cattle for a while on Thursday afternoon. Still a great time. i thought the extra points for Club level was well worth it anyway.

Yes, we had the same view. We were Kudu with the Sunset Savanna view same as Concierge. We saw the painting too. My FIL asked and was told that they brought the animals down at 9am and 4 pm every day. We saw them coax the giarafees (sp?) down one day.

Don't get me wrong....we had a great trip and LOVED the resort. That is way we bought in...the resort more than the animals, but we did think we would see more from our room. We saw most of the animals when we would go down to the viewing areas near/past the pool.

So...I guess the question is....after construction will the animals move more freely around to all Savanna room areas?

Kidsmom
05-22-2008, 04:35 PM
Just so I understand what youre saying - you were in your room all day and werent seeing animals? They "brought" the animals out twice a day but not during the day while you were in your room?

What I meant was that I thought the animals would be around ALL day. But when we were out on the balcony, we rarely saw them. As I stated above, we found out they only brought them out (rather brought them down our Sunset Savanna) twice a day. We saw them coaxing animals with food and someone told me that the zebras were trucked over.

Still LOVED the trip and the resort. The animals from the room were just a bit of a let down. Hence...do we try again and spend 350 points for a SV or instead use 250 for a Value view? (eight night trip)

Thanks for your thoughts....sorry for so much detail, but we want to book in the next few days and we are going around and around about it.

KineGirl
05-22-2008, 08:01 PM
No such thing as too much detail - I just wanted to make sure I was understanding what you were saying.

I can def see how that would be upsetting. My points are valuable to me too and I wouldnt be too happy if that was my experience either. I guess I was lucky I got Arusha Savannah both times. I wonder if you can make savannah/trail requests?