PDA

View Full Version : Disney room

showmethemouse
05-22-2008, 10:20 AM
dose anyone have a Disney room?
I just finished my room.
i have Disney stuff all over my house that one of my friends said that it look like someone though up Disney all over my house. so I collected all of my Disney stuff and put it up in one room it looks great and I even have room for my christmas tree in there this year. so now when I need a Disney fix .I go into my room and it like your in Disney .I also do all of my scrapbooking in there.( my boyfriend is happier now that it's all in one room. he's not a Disney fan)

Gottaluvgoof
05-22-2008, 03:28 PM
I have a Mickey bathroom. It is painted in Mickey Shadow (Disney paints available at Home Depot). I made my own border with a strip of white paint and bought a Mickey shaped hole punch. I made a whole bunch of Mickey Heads and placed them on the white border. I only use the old fashioned (Black, Grey, and White) Mickeys in there. I also had pictures of my kids with Mickey, printed in black and white. The whole thing is black, white and grey. I love it and I get a lot of compliments on it. I've considered doing another room, but DH might have a fit! :D

DisneyCouture
05-22-2008, 03:54 PM
My downstairs room is my Disney room. I have all my Disney lithographs and pictures on the wall. Along with my snowglobes and figures on the shelves. I also scrapbook in this room too. :) I love it!

KineGirl
05-22-2008, 04:08 PM
Yep our guest room/office & adjoining bathroom are totally Disneyfied. Its mostly villains - mostly still its Maleficent. My sericels, my Maleficent/villains resin figurines... I know that some may not find that exactly inviting but I love it! Besides we have this theory about how comfy you should make the guest room at our beach house where ppl come for a couple of days and stay for weeks ("We just LOVE it here" LOL) Its also the room I keep most of my plushes (piles) in. On the nightstand we keep several Disney related books and the bookshelf has alot of childrens Disney books. I keep my Harmony Kingdom boxes in their own hutch downstairs though in the living room. I could probably never forgive a guest if one of those got accidentally hurt! And my china hutch is full of crystal figurines.

AuntDJ
05-22-2008, 07:39 PM
Yep- Count me in...I just started the Disney love in my spare room. Each trip got a collage frame and all the cells and stuff on the walls. Along with the plushies, and framed pics.

I have a lot of Disney stuff in the kitchen, but I would call it a Disney kitchen. Just the small glasses with Mickey heads and stuff Mickey dish towels.

And....of course, lots of Disney ornaments on the Christmas tree.

DJ

TikiGoddess
05-23-2008, 08:17 PM
I have a couple of frames showcasing my Disney pin collection hanging above my computer. I haven't gone wild decorating with Disney at home, but this year I have my very own classroom at my school (I'm a music teacher and am often on a cart or working out of someone else's room). Now that is turning into my Disney room! I found stuffed Minnie and Pluto at a yard sale (looking brand new) and brought them and a bunch of my kids stuffed animals into my classroom. The students are starting to notice -- I even had one sweet little girl give me a stuffed Minnie for my collection! I have a pair of Dream ears hanging from the ceiling... a bunch of pictures from our vacation posted... a display of Tokyo Disney pics (the 2nd graders study Japan)... and anything else I can find Disney. This gives me an excuse to go to yard sales and buy Disney stuff. :)

TikiG

pink
05-23-2008, 08:44 PM
I have a Mickey bathroom. It is painted in Mickey Shadow (Disney paints available at Home Depot). I made my own border with a strip of white paint and bought a Mickey shaped hole punch. I made a whole bunch of Mickey Heads and placed them on the white border. I only use the old fashioned (Black, Grey, and White) Mickeys in there. I also had pictures of my kids with Mickey, printed in black and white. The whole thing is black, white and grey. I love it and I get a lot of compliments on it. I've considered doing another room, but DH might have a fit!

I don't have a Disney room, but I love the sound of your traditional colored bathroom. I might have to steal your idea one day! :mickey:

Here we go again...
05-26-2008, 09:07 AM
Yep, Mickey pretty much threw up all over my house.
I started with a Mickey Kitchen... then a few stuffen animals that I put in the spare room... then turned the spare room into a Disney room... got a few Mickey towels for the bathroom...

Now EVERY room has a touch of Mickey.
We worked in the flower garder this weekend and my friend (who hates that I love Disney so much and thinks I should "get over it") actually pulled my Mickey birdbath out of the back yard and put it in the flower bed in the front. It looks great!

RocknBev
05-26-2008, 09:28 AM
DH and I just redecorated our basement's "in-law suite" with the Disney theme. So the media room, kitchen and bathroom are all disney. I haven't started on the bedroom yet.
The kitchen is total Mickey Mouse. The media room is all Disney movie-oriented with the Large Mickey Mouse statue from Art of Disney being the focal point. THe bathroom is Mickey Mouse. We absolutely love it and when we need the :mickey::mickey:fix we just walk downstairs. My nephews think my house is WDW! I would really like to do the bedroom with a princess theme but I don't want it to look like a little girl's room. I need to find a nice compromise!

OhToodles!
05-27-2008, 04:31 PM
I would say we have 3 Disney rooms.

1. The dining room is decorated with the theming of Pirates of the Caribbean - red walls, black furniture, posters on the wall from all 3 movies, a large picture of a ship as seen from the 'crow's nest' in black & white, and of course some Pirates action figures.
2. The upstairs guest bathroom is Nemo & Little Mermaid. It's lime green and blue with the selk stick Nemo border and other individual Nemo characters in the 'water' (blue portion), then a few lithographs of Little Mermaid and Nemo.
3. The baby's room. Baby Mickey, Minnie, Donald, & Pluto bedding, big Mickey puzzle framed on the wall, Peter Pan lithographs, stuffed Disney characters every where.

We also have a Disney shelf on our built in bookshelves in the living room with a snowglobe, books, few ornaments, etc. It's actually starting to overflow. Plus I have a Cinderella shelf.

We could probably go on to more rooms if we had the time and $$$.:mickey: