PDA

View Full Version : Steven Tyler Checks Into Rehab

PiratesLifeForMe3
05-22-2008, 02:32 AM
Steven Tyler Checks Into Rehab

Aerosmith frontman Steven Tyler has checked himself into rehab for treatment of substance abuse. The 60-year-old rocker has admitted himself to a Pasadena, California clinic for unspecified treatment. The former hell-raiser managed to stay sober for 20 years before re-entering a substance abuse program. He first sought treatment in 1986 after finding himself under pressure from his bandmates to clean up his act. According to website Tmz.com, Tyler will undergo detox at Las Encinas Hospital drug rehabilitation clinic - the same facility where Hollywood Madame Heidi Fleiss, rocker Sebastian Bach and pop star Aaron Carter will be treated as they make a public attempt at sobriety on reality TV program Celebrity Rehab next month. The singer and Aerosmith guitarist Joe Perry were dubbed the Toxic Twins for their legendary intake of heroin and stimulants before the band's demanding schedule clashed with their major drug abuse, leading to their brief disbanding in the 1980s. It has been a tough month for the rocker, whose daughter Liv Tyler recently went public with her split from rocker husband Royston Langdon. Tyler credited his actress daughter's influence for his first successful attempt at sobriety. Tyler's spokesperson has declined to comment on his current condition.

Came across this on IMDB. What position do you think Disney will take having the face of one of their most popular rides being in rehab?

CaptainJessicaSparrow
05-22-2008, 03:03 AM
....Disney's isn't going to 'take' anything. If they were worried about their face, they never should have signed with Steven Tyler based on his past. His past is no secret. So if they are worried now, after so many years, then they must have hidden their head in a hole the last two decades to not realize that Steven Tyler is the classic, rock n'roll star and lives his life as such.

Steven, best of wishes for you and I'm rooting cause I can't wait to see you on tour again! And you better come to Orlando this time!

Goofeygal
05-22-2008, 08:25 AM
I agree!!! They will not think anything. Steven is a classic and like stated above has made no secret of his past. He is just having a relapse and will return stronger then ever if that is even possible. Can ya tell I have a mage thing for him. I did get the honor of meeting him once in the Magic Kingdom. You could not ask for a friendlier or more down to earth celebrity. Steve best wishes for a speedy recovery.

ChipDale2708
05-22-2008, 10:19 AM
I agree!!! They will not think anything. Steven is a classic and like stated above has made no secret of his past. He is just having a relapse and will return stronger then ever if that is even possible. Can ya tell I have a mage thing for him. I did get the honor of meeting him once in the Magic Kingdom. You could not ask for a friendlier or more down to earth celebrity. Steve best wishes for a speedy recovery.

The ride is about their music and I'm sure that's why Disney chose Aerosmith. I agree Steven Tyler is a super friendly guy as are the rest of the guys in the band. I too had the honor of meeting them several years ago when I worked in radio. Would love to see them live again. Best wishes from me as well! :thumbsup:

NJGIRL
05-22-2008, 10:27 AM
I agree this should be no surprise to anyone. These people overindulge in everything from drugs, food,material things etc. They loose sight of the "real' world and how "real" people have to live. It happens so often with these spoiled people that it is no longer shocking to us as a society. He has been in and out so many times, I'm sure this won't be the last.

By the way I am a fan of the group and the music but not of their lifestyles.

Piglet822
05-22-2008, 03:20 PM
I am a huge Aerosmith fan, just ask anyone from this site that knows me, and about the tattoo on my right ankle :D
I wish nothing but the best for Steven during his recovery :pixie:
I've not had the good fortune of meeting any of the band members but I would love to have Steven autograph my tat so I could then get his signature tattooed on my leg as well :blush:

KineGirl
05-22-2008, 03:32 PM
I think Disney will not take a stance in this at all - ride or no ride. Afterall its Aerosmiths Rockn Roller Coaster not Steve Tylers Rock N Roller coaster. Besides most of the kids riding it now days have no idea who 60 yo Steve Tyler even is.

Not to mention the guy IS a rock star.. theyre notorious for this stuff. Not saying its right - its just how it is

The thing I found amusing in the article is
The former hell-raiser managed to stay sober for 20 years before re-entering a substance abuse program

Well thats obviously not true! You dont enter rehab after being sober for 20 years!

Scar
05-22-2008, 04:02 PM
These people overindulge in everything from drugs, food,material things etc. They loose sight of the "real' world and how "real" people have to live. It happens so often with these spoiled people that it is no longer shocking to us as a society.I understand what you are saying, and it's probably true that a larger percentage of rockers and other celebrities are addicts. But make no mistake about it, there are millions of "real" people who are not spoiled that become addicts too.

The former hell-raiser managed to stay sober for 20 years before re-entering a substance abuse program

Well thats obviously not true! You dont enter rehab after being sober for 20 years!It sounds OK to me. It doesn't say that the 20 years were immediatly preceeding the rehab.

kakn7294
05-22-2008, 04:25 PM
To be quite honest, I didn't even make a Disney connection to Steven Tyler until I saw this thread and RnRC is one of my favorite attractions. I love Aerosmith and wish him the best with his rehab. It didn't specify what substance he's in rehab for - not to defend him, but my 80+ yo aunt has been in rehab twice in the past 5 or so years for addiction to pain killers - all legal and prescribed by her doctors. We shouldn't all jump to conclusions without hearing the whole story.

MauiMouse
05-22-2008, 08:11 PM
I am a huge Aerosmith fan, just ask anyone from this site that knows me, and about the tattoo on my right ankle :D
I wish nothing but the best for Steven during his recovery :pixie:
I've not had the good fortune of meeting any of the band members but I would love to have Steven autograph my tat so I could then get his signature tattooed on my leg as well :blush:
As soon as I saw this I thought about you Jeanne.

And good for Steven Tyler, for getting the help he needs. :thumbsup:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
05-22-2008, 11:24 PM
His fall off the wagon could indeed have been very recent. Perhaps he was smart enough to know where that road would lead and he decided to take the detour sooner rather than later. More power to him and I wish him sucess on his rehab.

WonderlandsMostWanted
05-23-2008, 12:36 AM
Well, they didn't tear down the Herbie buildings at ASMo when Lindsay Lohan had her issues, I think the rollercoaster's safe. ;)

Really, best of luck to him on his recovery.

yjgirl715
05-23-2008, 09:02 AM
I don't believe Disney will take any stance on Steven Tyler's check-in to rehab. I don't remember seeing them take any kind of stance on any of the many times that Lindsy Lohan's attempts at rehab and she has been in a couple of movies from Disney- at least 3 that I can think of.

I wish Steven Tyler all the best of luck and hope he comes back stronger and healthier! I also hope they go on tour at least one more time!!!!

BluewaterBrad
05-24-2008, 06:01 PM
Get well again Steven.......:mickey:

tinkerstinker
05-25-2008, 07:08 PM
Hoping the best for Steven. My whole family are fans. He's a smart cookie....he'll be fine. I truly believe he knew where he was headed and admitted himself to get it taken care of quickly.

crazypoohbear
05-26-2008, 09:19 PM
I wish him luck and congratulate him on seeing the problem and getting the help he needs.
I don't think disney would condem someone who is seeking help for personal issues.