PDA

View Full Version : fastpass and wimpy parents

sardanem
05-22-2008, 12:17 AM
My 2 older kids will be 16 and 13 when we go in August and they like to go on all the rides that their wimpy parents don't like. My question is, if they get a fastpass for a ride, can I stand in line with them and then not get on the ride or do I need a fastpass also and then not use it? I know they are old enough to stand in a line by themselves, but by staying with them I then know when they should be coming out the exit. I am a nervous mom and would just be happier and more comfortable this way. Thanks for your help.

Lisa:mickey:

KineGirl
05-22-2008, 01:12 AM
If they use a fastpass for a ride and you want to stand in line with them you will need a fastpass also in order to get in line. I usually just wait in the gift shop :spend: or outside :bar: when someone in my party wants to ride something I dont :scared:.

andreallybadeggs
05-22-2008, 06:44 AM
Short answer--yes you'll also need a fastpass although depending on the CM and how busy the attraction is they might let you through. If you hang around the photo area of the exits though, you're not likely to miss them; especially if you have phones. If there are 2 other family members that don't like the "good" rides why not use their tickets to snag other coveted fastpasses?...the teens get double the fun in half the time. Know I would love fastpassing RRC + TOT back to back while my "wimpy parents" waited patiently. :thumbsup:

phillydan
05-22-2008, 10:52 AM
I always have the same concerns about letting my daughters go alone in the line, but as long as they stay together, I let them. I try to watch for them and I always wait at the exit.

tink2006
05-22-2008, 10:55 AM
I am the "wimpy one" in my family. I usually wait for them in the gift shop. I also will go get another fastpass on another ride for them to use later. It works out well for us. It also gives me something to do while I wait for them. I usually have enough time to go get the fastpass and browse around the gift shop before they appear.

sardanem
05-22-2008, 03:23 PM
Good idea. I never thought of that. There are 5 of us, so even if I got a fastpass to wait on one ridewith them, 2 other tickets could be used for fastpasses at another ride. Thank you for the great suggestion.

Lisa

Young@Heart
05-25-2008, 06:06 PM
I always have the same concerns about letting my daughters go alone in the line, but as long as they stay together, I let them. I try to watch for them and I always wait at the exit.

If DH takes DC on a ride, I usually wait in the gift shop area. The only challenging thing about this for me is constantly hearing a toddler saying "I want this!'.
I bet your DC would be fine in the FP line-they aren't usually too long. If not, you can just get a FP and wait there w/ them, then use the "chicken exit".

Meteora
05-27-2008, 11:40 AM
Just something to consider--when we used to drop my younger sister off for rides we didn't want to go on, my somewhat overprotective mom would usually alert a nice-looking family close to her in line that she was in line by herself, so that they would know to keep an eye on her. ;) If you're nervous about losing your kids, you can also use cell phones if you have them. That's how we find my sister these days. But if you know where the exit is, you'll be able to find them afterwards, especially since they'll be looking for you, too.

azdisneymom
05-27-2008, 12:31 PM
I am a wimp and overprotective. However I would let my 14 and 12 year olds go through the fastpass line alone. They are both pretty responsible and they were together. Since the line moves pretty fast and there are usually cast members along the way I felt comfortable meeting them in the gift shop. I of course sat with my eyes glued to the exit just so I wouldn't miss them as they came out. So if you ever saw a nervous mom with her eyes popping out of her head staring at the RnR exit it was me. :mickey: