PDA

View Full Version : 1900 PF dinner character interaction??

tinkerbelle75
05-21-2008, 04:50 PM
If you've been to this character dinner, please tell me how the characters are...going in July for my daughter's birthday and want the details...Thanks!:mickey:

tinkgirl07
05-21-2008, 05:07 PM
Last time I was there, in August 2006, Aurora was outside the restaurant hanging out, signing autographs and posing for pictures. When we were inside for dinner Cinderella, Prince Charming, Suzie and Perla were there. Each character came to each table one time.

I did notice that the characters lingered at tables with children longer, my table was just me and my boyfriend. They only stood for pictures and then left, there was not as much interaction as seeing the princesses at the park. I'm sure if it is your daughter's birthday they will make a special point to make it special for your daughter.

Also, while we were at the buffet Cinderella came by our table so we missed her, but they must have people watching because she came back around to our table and said sorry for missing us.

Jared
05-21-2008, 05:32 PM
1900 Park Fare is my favorite of the major character buffets in the Magic Kingdom area, including The Crystal Palace and Chef Mickey's. It's loud and boisterous but somehow a little calmer than the other two. I had better character interaction there than any other meal besides Liberty Tree Tavern.

Definitely tell everyone it is your daughter's birthday. The princesses will definitely make a fuss for her.

:tasty:

tinksmom02
05-21-2008, 09:53 PM
We were there last Sept. DD5 was absolutely taken with Prince Charming, I think he came to the table 2 or 3 times during the meal, and she was all starry-eyed LOL

Lady Tremaine and the stepsisters were true to character. The stepsisters were the most fun of the bunch.

Cindy was OK, she had by far the least amount of personality in the group.

Jared's right, be sure and mention DD's bday! I'm sure she'll love it!

Checkers
05-22-2008, 09:37 AM
:mickey:We (my DD, 2DGDs & myself) were there 4/07 and had a wonderful time. As mentioned before, Cinderella, Prince Charming (and he was oh, so charming), Fairy Godmother, evil stepsisters were all there with great character interaction. The buffet is also one of our favorites. We are going again in Oct. and will be celebrating my niece's 6th birthday there. When you make your ADRs be sure you tell them about the birthday!

I don't think you will be disappointed. Have fun!

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
05-22-2008, 10:35 AM
We have been twice and the kids loved it. The stepsisters were hilarious and as others have posted Price Charming was great with my kids. I don't know if I would say the food was fantastic but acceptable. I also know opinions of dining widely from person to person so you may love the food. The charcters were fantastic and if that is what you are after then go for it.

Hayden's Dad
05-22-2008, 10:43 AM
We really like this meal. The charcters interact very well with you as well as with others. We saw Cinderella and Anastasia discussing each other's hair and how nice their dresses were and then of course Lady Tremaine had to come over and break it up. It was a lot of fun and we highly recommend it. :thumbsup:

Figment!
05-22-2008, 11:55 AM
We've dined there through several character changes, and every time we've had great character interaction. :thumbsup:

Septbride2002
05-22-2008, 01:57 PM
I wrote about it on my homepage under my 2007 trip report - probably one of the best character experiences we've had.

~Amanda

joanna71985
05-22-2008, 03:30 PM
I am eating there in July too!! I can't wait!

Nurse Kim
05-22-2008, 08:14 PM
We were just there in March 07. The character interaction was the best. We weren't crazy about the food on the buffet because we prefer the All American type foods. We did this because my daughter is crazy about Cinderella but we won't do this one again for the price. I guess it's all about food preference.

kg00616
05-25-2008, 11:15 AM
We were there a couple weeks ago and had a great time. Cinderella, Prince, Step Mother and Step sisters were the characters. Cinderella wasn't all that fabulous. She didn't really talk all that much to my daughter, basically just asked if she wanted to take a picture. She did not "act" like Cinderella to me. The step sisters and stepmother were hilarious though! Anastasia spent quite a bit of time with us and even did a fun group dance with a bunch of little girls. The step mother was probably my favorite. My daughter had a great time and it was certainly worth it.

Gottaluvgoof
05-25-2008, 09:41 PM
We were there a couple years ago, and honestly, Cinderella was pitiful. She really turned us sour on 1900 Park Fare. We haven't been back since, but decided we are going to try it again on our next trip, September 2008. I sure hope they found a better Cindy.

FROG0823
05-25-2008, 10:53 PM
Love, love, love 1900 PF!

This was one of our favs last visit. The stepsisters and Lady Tremaine were great. Cindy was beautiful as always. DD's fav was Prince Charming - it was our whole reason for eating here.

DD's shoe fell off under the table when she was talking to Prince Charming...he told her he had practice putting on princesses shoes and bent down and put it back on her foot....priceless!

Deesdisney
05-26-2008, 12:23 PM
We went Jan. 08. It was great. The food and the characters were the best. Cinderella was very nice to all of us and talked to my daughter for a while. The step sisters and step mother were very funny. Tell them about the B-day. In 07 we went for my DD 5 birthday and they gave her a cupcake and a crown. You might want to tell them when you make the res. or before.

dolphinmickey9170
05-27-2008, 02:58 PM
We were just there a few days ago. Cinderella, Prince Charming, Lady Tremaine, Anastasia and Druzilla were all there. We had a stuffed Mickey on the table and one of the sisters picked it up and yelled all the way across the room and then ran to her mother that she had a rodent. She was carrying Mickey by the ear. She was all grossed out. Couldn't figure out why we would have a rodent as a pet. They were all really great, talking and laughing, posing and playing. It was a blast!!

Oh, and the food was great too!!