PDA

View Full Version : Like Sand's Through the Hourglass......

tinkerbelle75
05-21-2008, 04:47 PM
Hey, how come there aren't any Days of Our Lives threads on here? Doesn't anyone watch it?.....Let's Discuss!!!;)

KristenNatalya
05-21-2008, 05:59 PM
Great idea, I've been watching Days since I was about 3 years old, and it is my absolute favorite tv show. How do you feel about the Sami/Lucas/EJ situation? I actually hope she ends up with EJ, they seem perfect together. Lucas seems too judgemental, like he's always waiting for Sami to mess up.

tinkerbelle75
05-21-2008, 06:26 PM
I have been watching it for about 20 years now!!
I LOVE E.J. and want him to be with Sami also.
I am so disappointed with the Steve/ Kayla/Ava thing. I sure had high hopes for their storyline when I heard they were bringing them back.:sick:
What do you think about the Chelsea/ Dr. Jonas thing??

Medland
05-21-2008, 06:34 PM
Days of Our Lives has been a part of my life since my mom brought me home from the hospital!
EJ and Sami is funny to me because I think it is ridiculous in that fun soapy way that Lucas and Sami had been, however briefly, so blissfully married and in love. I drift in and out of watching the show regularly so I missed parts of that progression from the days when I used to throw Doritos at the TV when I got sick of their constant bickering over Will.

Dracula766
05-21-2008, 07:01 PM
Lucas seems too judgemental, like he's always waiting for Sami to mess up.

Cuz she always does. :D

PirateLover
05-21-2008, 07:05 PM
I watched Days a lot back in the late 90s, but the plots started getting a little ridiculous and I stopped. However I watched for about 2 or 3 weeks a month or so ago, starting with the whole plane thing. Can anyone explain the Sami/Lucas/EJ situation to me, because I couldn't figure out what had happened to Lucas, Sami was pretending to be EJ's wife or whatever.

Melanie
05-21-2008, 08:20 PM
I was a faithful Days watcher for many, many years in the 80s and 90s. When they started all the Marlena devil stuff, I gave up on it.

But recently I have been watching when I come across it, and it's interesting how I pretty much know all the characters still, although I don't really know what's going on. Really, do these folks ever leave for good (and stop coming back over and over)?

kdbianchini
05-22-2008, 08:30 AM
IWhat do you think about the Chelsea/ Dr. Jonas thing??

I don't think I like this. He is hot! :blush: But she is way too young for him.

tinkerbelle75
05-22-2008, 12:01 PM
I watched Days a lot back in the late 90s, but the plots started getting a little ridiculous and I stopped. However I watched for about 2 or 3 weeks a month or so ago, starting with the whole plane thing. Can anyone explain the Sami/Lucas/EJ situation to me, because I couldn't figure out what had happened to Lucas, Sami was pretending to be EJ's wife or whatever.

To make a long story short, Stefano decided that Sami had to marry E.J. to end the Brady/ DiMera feud. Lucas went to prison because he shot E.J during the wedding.Marlena made Stefano into a vegetable and Sami was going to get it annulled but then E.J. was going to get deported so she stayed married to him. Good stuff....

PirateLover
05-22-2008, 12:04 PM
To make a long story short, Stefano decided that Sami had to marry E.J. to end the Brady/ DiMera feud. Lucas went to prison because he shot E.J during the wedding.Marlena made Stefano into a vegetable and Sami was going to get it annulled but then E.J. was going to get deported so she stayed married to him. Good stuff....

Oh wow!! Sorry I missed that one! That's the kind of storyline I love.

tinkerbelle75
05-22-2008, 12:05 PM
I was a faithful Days watcher for many, many years in the 80s and 90s. When they started all the Marlena devil stuff, I gave up on it.

But recently I have been watching when I come across it, and it's interesting how I pretty much know all the characters still, although I don't really know what's going on. Really, do these folks ever leave for good (and stop coming back over and over)?

People I wish would go away and stay there:
Lucas (whine,whine,whine)
Marlena ( I'm so wonderful, and even though I am a Psychiatrist, I can also perform heart surgery if the need arises)
John ( I am the absolute most horrible actor on TV but I sure can do neat stuff with my eyebrows)
Oh, and I HATE the new Mickey Horton... Mickey has always been old, and now he is 30 years younger all of a sudden!

kdbianchini
05-22-2008, 01:19 PM
John ( I am the absolute most horrible actor on TV but I sure can do neat stuff with my eyebrows)

:rotfl: My husband always seems to walk into the room just as John is making some face with his eybrows!

KarenP
05-23-2008, 05:12 PM

Me too! I watched Days for as long as I can remember but the devil story line was the last straw for me. I have not tuned back in on a regular basis since. I will watch on occasion and always at Christmastime, but the storylines have gotten much too far fetched for my taste.

Medland
05-24-2008, 09:07 AM
Honestly, couldn't we start a whole thread just about John's eyebrows! My mom and sisters, my college roomate and I have been getting the giggles over his ridiculous eyebrow-heavy facial expressions for years. Do any of you remember Dryfus...the dog from Empty Nest? Sometimes I think they went to the same acting school!
Gotta say, I still love John, but I wouldn't shed a tear if Marlena left the show. Bad acting is part of the fun of soaps. "Passions" was the worst ever on that front, but it managed to hook me and my mom because it was like watching a train wreck every day...you couldn't look away!

wdwgrl377
05-27-2008, 05:42 PM
I grew up too, watching Days since I was a kid. To me, in my opinion, this is more of a comedy soap compared to Y&R. The writing is so much better to me on Y&R.

However, I do watch it on and off. And when I don't watch it for months and tune in again I come to see I've never missed anything. I do like EJ and I think he's really, really cute and I have to say I watch it b/c of him!

Every other storyline on there to me is just stupid. And when I mean stupid, i mean funny stupid. I guess at times I just compare this soap to Y&R a lot and maybe I shouldn't? It just seems like things that happen in 'real' life happen on Y&R compared to Days. But each show has it's good and bad things about it. And after all being said I still do watch Days and admit that I like the show still!! :D

KEYONNAH
05-27-2008, 10:48 PM
I watch it when I get a chance, but haven't kept up recently. I want Lucas to gey Sami back and Marlena to quit being so judgemental.

tinkerbelle75
06-09-2008, 10:05 PM
Just when Sami and EJ start having fun, they bring Lucas back...:ack:
I can't stand Nicole. The writers really need to do something different with her.

Ian
06-10-2008, 11:19 AM
Did John Black ever remember "his past"??

When I was laid up with a broken leg back in 1993 I got moderately hooked on this show just because there was nothing else do watch.

This poor guy ... he was trying to remember his past when I watched in '93. I checked back in like five years later and the dude still hadn't figured things out.

And the same "evil guy" (whose name I can't remember ... Cyrano? Simon? something like that ... ) was still dying of the cancer he had when I watched five years before!

Gotta love soaps ....... ;)

tinkerbelle75
06-10-2008, 12:00 PM
LOL Ian!
I think the evil dude you're referring to is Stefano, and at present he's in a coma.....
John Black remembered his past, but shortly before the coma, Stefano wiped his brain back out and put everything on a disc. Now he's clueless again. It's certainly one storyline I could do without!

thrillme
06-10-2008, 12:29 PM
I too started watching it late 80's Eve...had just come on. Later I relented to just reading it...Lately I got a little "tired" of it. I wanted to see Lucas and Sami together but they fiddle faddled around so long I got tired of it.

I haven't seem much about Belle and Shawn lately what's their latest. Belle really started annoying me.

What's this deal with Chole. What EXACTLY did she do to Brady that caused him to become an addict?

HA HA...Chelsa and the Doctor...Pfft. Give them about a year or so and she'll be old enough to be the good doctor's mother.

Ian
06-10-2008, 12:55 PM
LOL Ian!
I think the evil dude you're referring to is Stefano, and at present he's in a coma.....
John Black remembered his past, but shortly before the coma, Stefano wiped his brain back out and put everything on a disc. Now he's clueless again. It's certainly one storyline I could do without!Stefano! That's it ... Stefano DeMira or something ... right?

Wait, he's still ALIVE??? He was dying of cancer FIFTEEN YEARS AGO!!!

Wiped out his brain and put it on a disc??? Is this a soap opera or a sci fi series?? :confused:

thrillme
06-10-2008, 01:06 PM
Stefano has died several times. He rises from the ashes.

Honestly I think everybody in "Days" has died a couple of times.

tinkerbelle75
06-10-2008, 04:09 PM
Stefano! That's it ... Stefano DeMira or something ... right?

Wait, he's still ALIVE??? He was dying of cancer FIFTEEN YEARS AGO!!!

Wiped out his brain and put it on a disc??? Is this a soap opera or a sci fi series?? :confused:
Oh, he's always dying. Always. I think it's both, with some comedy thrown in.

Who knows what all this Max / Nick/ Professor what's-his-name stuff is about???:confused: